Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Roll over help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 06:43 AM
Schmedrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll over help

I recently just purchased a Redcat blackout xte for my son. This model seems to roll over very easily. Does anyone know if parts are available to widen the wheelbase or of any other method to help correct this problem?

Last edited by Schmedrock; 01-16-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:04 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Ummm, it's a monster truck. They are characteristically known for having a high center of gravity. Mix that with enough grip from the tires...well, you know what happens next. First thing I'd do, lower the ride height so the bones are just below being level. Learning to slow down when turning is the next step to lessen your RC's chances of rolling. Even if you were to find extensions to widen the overall width, you will be putting a lot more stress on your axles and hubs. Enjoy the monster truck for what it is. Maybe take it to a smooth dirt lot, or baseball diamond and practice trigger control.

You could also try playing with the upper links of the Blackout to tame that roll center. Look in the back of the Blackout manual for some tips, or perhaps start HERE. But again, the Blackout is a monster truck. Only so much can be done to try and lessen the roll overs.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:35 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Good tips Rusty, if you still experience roll over issues after applying Rusty's tips, then some other things to try are stiffer springs and thicker shock fluid.

I'm not familiar with the drive train, but assuming it has gear diffs I would be willing to bet they are empty and I would but 20K diff fluid in the front and 10K in the rear diffs to help settle it down with less roll.