Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Question on reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 01:32 PM
watchdogd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on reviews

Hello.

I am new to the RC community. I was looking at a few of the Team Associated and RedCat and Traxxas models for buggies and trucks and wanted to know if there was a specific review or comparison sites/articles that would be a good starting point ?
The ones I was interested in include the following:
1/8 Scales
Team Associated Nomad DB8
Redcat TR-MT8E V2

1/10 Scales
Team Associate DB10
Redcat CAMO X4 1/10 Rock Racer
Traxxas E-Revo VXL brushless

Thanks,
Old 02-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I know you're new to the forum so I'm going to give you a bit of help here.
The forum is divided into general forum areas:
1) Radios, Batteries, etc
2) Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks, Etc
3) Airplanes
4) Electric Drones
5) First Person Video R/C
6) Electric Airplanes
7) Helicopters
8) Boats & Submarines
9) Engines & Fuel
10) Team RCU
11) Classifieds, Sales & Auctions
12) Forum Support

Your question needs to go to one of the sub-forums in the car/buggy forum. I'm going to request that if be moved to the appropriate area in that forum
That said, Welcome to RC Universe.
I'm sure, when your post gets relocated, you will get the assistance you need
Old 02-11-2019, 05:55 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Moved to RC Car section
Old 02-11-2019, 06:08 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Moved to RC Car section
Thank You
Old 02-11-2019, 09:12 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Now that we have the right forum sorted out, I'll try to offer some help.
First, what do you actually want? If it's a truck to drive around in all kinds of terrain including pavement, a 2wd monster truck or stadium truck is the way to go. The ERevo is a great truck for that, even though it's huge by 1/10 standards. If you are going to be going off road mostly and want handling on loose surfaces, the desert buggy is a good choice as is the SC10 that it's based on. I have a rock racer (Axial Yeti) which I love to drive. It will go just about anywhere but won't stay vertical on pavement unless you keep it slow.
So in a nutshell, what you actually want should inform your choice. Going from pavement friendly to off road performance, I'd rank the choices like this: Road car, 2wd buggy, short course truck, stadium truck, monster truck, 4wd rock racer, rock crawler.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:15 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I’d suggest getting 4 wheel drive right off the bat. Racing or bashing, you’re gonna want 4wd.

1/8 monster trucks are the most durable and basher friendly. Losi builds some of the toughest RTR monster trucks on the market.
1/8 truggies are durable, nimble, and fast. Probably the most universal basher IMO.
Short course is popular - I’m not a fan, but they’re right up there with truggies and buggies as far as versatility.
Traxxas anything - you’re paying a hefty price (for NEW) because of their marketing and advertising. Parts support is good typically, but you can get a competing brand for better money and more durability usually (see Losi’s Lineup).

Just my 2 cents.