RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hobbywing products?

Old 03-20-2019, 09:46 AM
Rants86

Default Hobbywing products?

Hi everyone,
I currently have a slash 2wd LCG in need of a motor/esc upgrade. Iíve been looking around and I usually end up with a Castle creations product but the Hobbywing combos have been catching my eye. I saw the Hobbywing Max8 with a 2200kv motor combo and was thinking of getting it.

Has anyone had experience with Hobbywing motor/esc combos? Are they worth the money? Do they last and preform well compared to other brands? Is their customer service good? Or am I just crazy for putting a 2200kv 1/8th scale motor in a 2wd slash.....

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2019, 03:41 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, yes, yes, yes (from what I hear...I never had to use their customer service), and definitely yes.

Maybe it would make some sense, and explain what are you trying to accomplish. No need to put a huge 4274 sized motor in a light weight 2wd SC. That's just asking for trouble IMO. Heck, under normal conditions, I would not even put a 3656/550 in my 1/10 scale 2wd short course truck. I'd be more inclined to put an EZRun Max10/3652 motor, or Max10 SCT/3652 motor combo in a 2wd SCT.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:19 PM
Rants86

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
Yes, yes, yes, yes (from what I hear...I never had to use their customer service), and definitely yes.

Maybe it would make some sense, and explain what are you trying to accomplish. No need to put a huge 4274 sized motor in a light weight 2wd SC. That's just asking for trouble IMO. Heck, under normal conditions, I would not even put a 3656/550 in my 1/10 scale 2wd short course truck. I'd be more inclined to put an EZRun Max10/3652 motor, or Max10 SCT/3652 motor combo in a 2wd SCT.
Great, I canít find much but it seems a lot of people have good luck with Hobbywing. Hopefully so will I...

Anyway yeah I know the 2200kv is just a tiny bit overkill.... and now Iím thinking it might be just too much and Iíll put that in a 4x4 sct or monster truck.

So I was thinking of getting a Hobbywing Max10 Sct with the 3200kv motor. This might be a little bit more resonable. I just want a good combo that is really fast and good for just general bashing. I think I can just maybe get away with putting the 3200 on 4s...

I like lower kv motors because from my understanding they can be run on higher voltages and be geared more aggressively. But if there is a reason for getting higher kv motors please let me know.

Thanks!!
Old 03-22-2019, 03:17 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Rants86 View Post

Great, I canít find much but it seems a lot of people have good luck with Hobbywing. Hopefully so will I...

Anyway yeah I know the 2200kv is just a tiny bit overkill.... and now Iím thinking it might be just too much and Iíll put that in a 4x4 sct or monster truck.

So I was thinking of getting a Hobbywing Max10 Sct with the 3200kv motor. This might be a little bit more resonable. I just want a good combo that is really fast and good for just general bashing. I think I can just maybe get away with putting the 3200 on 4s...

I like lower kv motors because from my understanding they can be run on higher voltages and be geared more aggressively. But if there is a reason for getting higher kv motors please let me know.

Thanks!!
+1

That is definitely what I would do if planning on running on 3, or even 4 cell LiPo batteries. Next would be keeping/making sure my driveline is up to the task. With all the options out there for your platform, it shouldn't be a problem.

Every situation is basically different. YMMV. For me, and my 2wd SCTs, I run strictly on a very bumpy dirt track with medium~loose tracktion; with medium compound tires. I can barely use all of the power that a 2S/3650/3100kv puts out .
Old 04-11-2019, 06:42 PM
Carloss9400

Hobbywing products are the premium products in the China Market. They are good quality and cheap when you compare them with the other ESCs branded by western countries. I know most of the ESCs in the world are made in China anyway.