RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Newbie here looking for a quality kit MT

Old 05-15-2019, 05:21 AM
lok2k1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Newbie here looking for a quality kit MT

So Iv'e been doing research and looking for an unassembled kit from a reliable brand, but without breaking the bank. So far I have come across the Tekno MT410 which made be realize I want an MT as I like the wide stance which avoid roll overs and although a truck it's still fast. The thing is that after all is set and done I'll be out about $1,200.

I then came across the Arrma brand which has some nice $450-$500 RTR models that seem like a mid level version of the Tekno, although it seem like they only sell RTR models.

So may question is, is there a brand that sells kits that will make my total out of pocket in the $600-$800 range? I know the batteries, charger, remote, servo, ESC+motor will all cost about $500 which leaves me about $200-$300 left for the body kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-15-2019, 02:31 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yep. When it comes to finding a serious 4wd monster truck kit...slim pickings. The Tekno would be my first choice for a kit. As for going the RTR route, Arrma should be atop of the list. It would be an awesome day for me to see any of the Arrma 6S platforms be available in kit form. Heck, I'd even be happy to see any of Arrma's BLX platforms be offered as a kit. That day won't happen, so I continue to search, buy, and bash "racing breed" RCs to get my kit building fixes.