Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Valcano s30 electric conversion help.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Valcano s30 electric conversion help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 AM
Valcanos30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valcano s30 electric conversion help.

Well I bought a redcat niteo s30 motor was junk so i converted to electric. Many may know they dont make a conversion kit for this so I made one didn't turn out the greatest but works well so I'm gonna use it as a template for a better one. But anyway I have a cheap 60amp speed control and brushless 3500kv motor on a 2s battery and not happy with the overall top end and speed. It has decent low end power and torque. How can I get more to end other then changing my pinion? Motor? Esc? Batt? Recommendations.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:26 AM
jdiamond

What was wrong with the motor? Those SH engines are generally really solid.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:34 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

In theory , going to 3S will give you 50% more speed . But will increase your motor temp , so you may need to gear down a bit .
Then you have the problem of a cheap ESC . Many of them are fine on 2S but dont last too long on 3S even though they say its 3S capable .
If you could borrow a 3S battery for a quick run to see the speed difference , it might help you decide if you want to spend more on batterys , and possible an ESC if yours does go pop .
Old 08-17-2019, 09:44 AM
Valcanos30

Well I bought it used and not sure what he did to the motor but it just didn't have the power it should. He was running 33% fuel and was a beginner I think he burned up the motor by not breaking it in and setting it right. So I decided to go electric. As of now I'm running a cheap 60amp speed control and 3500kv motor just to see how it would run with the conversion and was impressed besides top end speed. Thanks I'll definitely try to find a 3s battery and see what happens. I plan on upgrading the esc and motor now that I know it will run. Any suggestions on decent esc and motor size for a 4x4 truck.