Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

The Coolest RC Cars That Can Be Done - The beginning of a series of super RC cars

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The Coolest RC Cars That Can Be Done - The beginning of a series of super RC cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 05:57 PM
IMSupercars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool The Coolest RC Cars That Can Be Done - The beginning of a series of super RC cars

This is an invitation for you all RC car enthusiasts and especially those interested in the custom built projects, first I'm going to give you the general idea of my project with a simple explanation, details and some surprises will come later because the whole thing is quite ambitious, for now I only want this to get going...

The name of the game, the two keywords: TECHNICAL SIMILARITY, the coolest RC models for me are those in which you can appreciate some degree of technical similarity and of course the higher the better, meaning that and let's take the chassis as an example: it is the core structural element and both the car and the model have to have one, if the car has a carbon fiber tub chassis and the model has a carbon fiber plate we can say that these components perform equivalent functions and only share a high degree of technological similarity because carbon fiber composites were a technology developed for the fabrication of physical objects, but they share almost zero technical similarity because the shape, the way each one of the designs handles the loads and places where other components are fixed, are all completely different. If the model has a carbon fiber tub chassis that at least appears to be a scaled-down version of the actual component, then we can say that the two share a good degree of technical similarity in addition to the technological similarity.

I've decided to take this concept of technical similarity to SUPERCARS and RACE CARS, I've called the project Inner Mechanics, and that's what I'm presenting to this community today: this will be all about the design and build of fully functional 1/6 to 1/5 scale RC cars with as much technical and scale details as possible, initially the cars will be electric and will be based on 1/5 scale onroad tires. The build logs, collection of designs and instructions will be available for everyone to adjust for any size, each one will go through a few design iterations so that the whole thing stays dynamic and interesting for everyone, and that's because I hope that as the project grows, a community will grow with it, I would like people to get involved in this project in any way they want, from the pure entertainment of watching to the pleasure of building their own models. You will see a lot of experimentation, testing and learning, but always with quality in mind because, if not, why bother? look at the high-end static models, that is the quality!

************************************************** ***********************************************

This is the first step if you want to get involved:
I think it would be best to go "first things first" and develop the models in the order in which the real cars were appearing, but since this is the beginning let's put that aside, for this occasion let's vote for the two cars you would like to be designed first, one hypercar/supercar/sportscar (except the McLaren F1 and variants) and one onroad race car (except Formula racing), suggest as many as you want if you can't decide for just two, time span is from the early 70s to the present.

In other words... what's your favorite car? let's say a Porsche Carrera GT

Wouldn't you like to watch someone building a 1/5 Porsche Carrera GT RC car and maybe after that using the designs to build your own? If yes, then submit the supercars/race cars you like. I'm going to let people choose the first two designs.

that's all for now, I hope you join and share, thanks!

************************************************** ***********************************************

I know that many of you must have seen this before, but...
What happens when these concepts are taken to the absolute extreme of madness and only the laws of physics oppose you? well, we get Mr. Pierre Scerri and his 1/3 scale Ferrari 312 PB
What happens when normal people decide to explore these concepts in a more rational way and see how far they can go without the risk of bankruptcy? you still need a very good budget though, look ScaleART heavy duty trucks, Yoshno Films 1/5 Trophy Truck, search for 1/4 scale AC Cobra, or Conley Precision 23 "T" Bucket hot rod.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:59 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Do you have unlimited funding or nothing better to do? Do you expect to sell these cars or just build them to show off?
Old 09-25-2019, 02:06 AM
IMSupercars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I don't have unlimited funding, why would you need it?
I don't know what you mean by that, are you trying to be rude or funny, or what?
No, I don't expect to sell these cars
Old 09-29-2019, 02:46 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

It’s just how you describe what you want to do. That’s only going to come with a supreme cost and copious amounts of time. Nobody has done it because nobody wants to spend the money or time to do it. Great novel idea, but impractical for any purpose other than personal satisfaction or enjoyment. Not trying to be funny or rude. Just pointing out that it’s a great idea, but incredibly impractical.