Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

True or false: the Team Associated b6 & 6.1 parts both can be used on the t4.2??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

True or false: the Team Associated b6 & 6.1 parts both can be used on the t4.2??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 10:00 PM
A3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True or false: the Team Associated b6 & 6.1 parts both can be used on the t4.2??

I've heard that parts from both the Team Associated b6 & 6.1 can be used on the t4.2?? Yes or no?
Old 12-15-2019, 06:35 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

There is very little "5", or "6" series parts that will fit on a RC10T4.2 stadium truck.

Let me guess, you are searching for tranny parts?
Old 12-15-2019, 03:13 PM
A3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not looking for tranny parts. Just looking for replacement/hop-ups for my t4.2. Mostly looking for hop-ups.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:29 PM
RustyUs

I just assumed you were in need of a gear diff. About every week, or every other week, I see someone asking about their SC10, and where they can find a gear diff. Unfortunately, gear diff internal parts are, basically, all dried up. Ball diff parts are still out there.

I don't know what you do with your T4.2...racing, or just "bashing"? I'm also assuming you have the RS RTR, as the T4.2 FT has the most common hop ups already in the kit. I know one of the first things I would upgrade is the shocks. I, myself, love big bore threaded shocks, but Associated V2 RTR shocks work well enough. A Factory Team steering bellcrank will reduce a lot of slop, and would be another top choice for me if I were looking to upgrade. Ball diff, CVA drive shafts...are they "must haves"? Again, how deep you want put yourself into a older platform, is up to you.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-15-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:19 AM
RustyUs

After seeing what looks like a T4.2 Factory Team of yours on FB...I'd run it as-is if you're in a mod class.

Good luck.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-20-2019 at 04:03 PM.