Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYNG THIS HOBBY IS FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES I HATE WHEN PEOPLE CALL MY STUFH CHILDS TOYS
42.55%
NO I DONT PAY ATTENTION WHAT PEOPLE SAY
18.44%
I DONT CARE!
39.01%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYNG THIS HOBBY IS FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 12:24 AM
rcpro-123
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYNG THIS HOBBY IS FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont you agree that most people say that this is for little kids[:@]
Old 12-31-2003, 12:39 AM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Default RE: I AM TIERD OF PEOPLE SAYNG THIS HOBBY IS FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of people do say this hobby kids but I got to admit......Im a kid. But I can't say its easy. It took years for me to fully understand the model glow engine. But now I know a lot like engine timing and port matching. I would like to see someone who says "Your toy is for little kids" even name the port basics.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:40 AM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYNG THIS HOBBY IS FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I do is tell them I'm dealing with gas.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:42 AM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYNG THIS HOBBY IS FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care!
Old 12-31-2003, 12:46 AM
nitroguy123
My Feedback: (3)

i never really notice people saying its for little kids. I think they tend to think that they are pretty cool and stop to watch. Though that has only happened when i run my nitro trucks. And if it really bothers you just dont bring it up with people that arent in this hobby
Old 12-31-2003, 01:25 AM
raceme

yea sometimes i think i im wastin my money on this hobby. i know im prolly gonna be spending money till i get everything i want on my car. and after that im gonna want another car and another.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:12 AM
rclooney

if anyone says mine is just a toy, i open the throttle and showe them what this 'toy' can do.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:29 PM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

For kids that is funny. If you ask me it is way to dangerous for kids espeacially under 13 if you ak me. When i fly my helis i make my daughter stand in the garage and watch. They are toys to an adult but to a lil kid it could spell some real trouble. Next time they say that , you laugh and say b low me!! Then run it into their leg at full speed, that will shut them up . Oh show them your reciepts that will shut them up real quick.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:37 PM
rcpro-123
My Feedback: (2)

LOL
Old 12-31-2003, 06:35 PM
Bush Wacker

I'm 13 and i fully understand ever thing about this hobby. I can handle gas with out burning down anything. I'm not uneducated about it either.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:04 PM
Everton
My Feedback: (6)

I had people said that before they see them run.... after they see what my Toys can do they shut up real quick. But I am guilty of chasing them with my Buggy. Humans can't run that fast[>:]
Old 12-31-2003, 09:38 PM
SS Nitro

It's hard for humans to out run an rtr.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:21 PM
raceme

lol he was juss playin...yea im only 15 and been in this hobby for only about 6 months and i learned hella new stuff.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:48 PM
rozzibandit

That is funny, but do you notice how fast a human can run when their scared.
ORIGINAL: c496

It's hard for humans to out run an rtr.
Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2004, 02:01 PM
neap38

Just show them how much it hurts when you go full throttle into there legs. After that I'm sure they wont call them that because they would be to embarrassed to say that there in hospital because of a kids toy.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:43 PM
fastfred
My Feedback: (4)

When I was a kid, I couldn't afford this hobby. Sure this is a waste of time and money, but I do it for fun. Should I rather pinch my pennies and work my life away? Hell no.

Here's the formal definition:

Hobby: hob·by

An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English hobi, hobyn, small horse, hobby horse, perhaps from Hobin, Hobby, nickname for Robert.]
hobby·ist n.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:45 PM
SS Nitro

rozzibandit-lol
Old 01-01-2004, 04:44 PM
rozzibandit

Well said life is short drink beer and play hard my life is a big bowl of fun!!!
ORIGINAL: fastfred

When I was a kid, I couldn't afford this hobby. Sure this is a waste of time and money, but I do it for fun. Should I rather pinch my pennies and work my life away? Hell no.

Here's the formal definition:

Hobby: hob·by

An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.
[Middle English hobi, hobyn, small horse, hobby horse, perhaps from Hobin, Hobby, nickname for Robert.]
hobby·ist n.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Mopzilla

If you guys slammed it into people's legs with your nitro cars, it would basically snap those legs in half, and they would be sueing you for damages.

And if you showed all the reciepts, the people would laugh at you for spending so much on a "toy".

Best thing is to just say it cost you $100 and show what that "$100" can do.

BTW, I got my first nitro when I was 12... and my heli (now sold) when I was 14! Age isn't a big factor here!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 09:36 PM
joelacrane

You can't be too young to play with nitro RC cars! 2 years old might be pushing it...
Old 01-01-2004, 09:44 PM
ComBatMan2k3

id love to see a kid under 13 handle such trucks like the EK4 or titan twin even a modified tmaxx and or someone *****in bout how its a kids toy...i say have them sign an agreement lettin u let them take ure vehivle out and in that agreement they have to pay for any damages...if they crash it their payin for it..if thast even legal i dunno ppl outside this are stupid bout it i say their just jealous they dont have one
Old 01-01-2004, 09:59 PM
NITROZ

If all you ever do is drive them until they break and put it in a closet or ask someone else to fix it then yes it's a toy. But if you build kits or at least learn how to fix your RTR when it breaks it's a great way to learn mechanical & electrical engineering.
Don't worry after 20 years or so of hearing friends, parents, co-workers, and wife call them toys you won't care.
I don't golf and I could care less about any professional sport that involves a bunch of millionaires chasing a ball. So I spend my recreation money on big kid toys.

I got my first RC car in 1983 a Tamiya Super Champ, too bad I sold it for $25 about 15 years ago, I understand a mint one will fetch $300 - $400 bucks on EBAY.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:25 AM
h82crash

All I know is the R/C car community is a whole lot different than the R/C airplane community. Plane guys are more than happy to help anyone who asks. A good part of the time at the track I get misinformation (lied to) by the drivers. That is annoying.

I've been racing for 15 years and and flying for about 6. I go to the track and read the language in the car forums and hear/read like, dis, dat, dude, it's dope, lik dude. I love racing, just wish I could understand the way they talk. Kidding aside, I think if us car guys act more respectful, we will be more respected.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:57 AM
Mopzilla

ORIGINAL: h82crash
I've been racing for 15 years and and flying for about 6. I go to the track and read the language in the car forums and hear/read like, dis, dat, dude, it's dope, lik dude. I love racing, just wish I could understand the way they talk. Kidding aside, I think if us car guys act more respectful, we will be more respected.
+1!!!

Plus if we could all type a little better, and stop all the flaming, then we would definitely be much more respected!
Old 01-02-2004, 03:19 AM
raykessler

all i gotta do is say stuff like 2 speed, nitro, and 60 mph and they shut up.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.