Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I am looking for a good lap counting software for small club

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I am looking for a good lap counting software for small club

Old 12-24-2004, 04:04 AM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am looking for a good lap counting software for small club

Omron makes a very nift RF tag unit that you can program specific information into..... The tag itself in not even powered.... it is powered by the reader.

There are several companies that have been working on this RF tag ID stuff for several years and the last I saw of them they were imbedding them into shipping labels...... Again, these are not powered by anything other than the reader.....

When the tag gets within range of the reader the tag will "answer" with the information previously programmed in to it.......

We used the RF Tag units from Omron in electronic manufacturings.....as the circuit board was placed on the test pallet a barcode reader would scan the electronic serial number and program it to the RF tag on the test pallet..... when the test pallet was sent down the conveyor to a specific test machine it would read the tag, obtain the electronic serial number and load that data in to the test unit so that it could report the test results to the main frame system for each specific board tested......

Not sure if this type of reader could be setup to be a loop type or if you would have to embed xx number of readers together to cover the track width......... I would think though that the RF Tags that are being developed for use in the packing labels would be very usable here.....these are designed to be read as the package is being moved by on a conveyor....then the packages sorted........ seems to me that a sticker on the underside of your car or car body passing over a reader would be just the ticket.....

If I remember correctly the target price for these tags was under 50 cents....... since they were actually designed to be disposable..... the programmer and reader I am sure is costly......

Just some more thoughts in to the melting pot

Bill
Old 09-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Keith-OH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am looking for a good lap counting software for small club

So what is the cheepest transponder system out there now? I dont want to mess with counting laps.

Thanks,

Keith