Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Do you let your friends drive your cars/trucks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes.
38.91%
No.
54.09%
Only because the steal the transmitter
7.00%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Do you let your friends drive your cars/trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 07:12 PM
supernova803

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you let your friends drive your cars/trucks?

I let one of my friends drive my Savage 25 and as soon as they got hold of the controller, they drove it WOT into a telephone pole. Nothing broke thank goodness, LOL.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Tricksligger

I just let my brother-inlaw drive my truck. He was doing well for about 45 seconds I told him to slow down till he got use to it. Then it happened!! He hit a chunk of log at about 35mph. Broke the gas tank and the exhaust connection peice. Never again will I let anyone drive it.[>:]
Old 11-28-2004, 12:49 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

NO
Old 11-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Carnutz68

I hate it when that happins, hope he offered to fix it
ORIGINAL: Tricksligger

I just let my brother-inlaw drive my truck. He was doing well for about 45 seconds I told him to slow down till he got use to it. Then it happened!! He hit a chunk of log at about 35mph. Broke the gas tank and the exhaust connection peice. Never again will I let anyone drive it.[>:]
Old 11-29-2004, 05:25 AM
Will239

it depends..... some people have no sense. they just go WOT and loose control, then the thought of the precious new engine hits me
Old 11-29-2004, 10:45 PM
InfinitySpeed04

I choose not to from now on!!!!! I let my friend go for his first drive and he drove the car straight into a cement block going at least 40mph. He snapped the shock tower and killed my entire front end. So after that little experience I choose NEVER to let anyone drive my car.

Because when they get there first chance, it will always be there last.

Friends are great and all but when it comes to this hobby, they can be a big hazard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Never let your friends drive, EVER
Old 12-01-2004, 04:57 AM
Will239

amen
Old 12-02-2004, 05:34 PM
rc car CRAZY

I find that letting friends drive your car us like giveing a murderer a knife. They both use it to do something bad. I hate it because my bro gives people a go when Idont want them to. Crash!!. I HATE it sooo much when they have a go because NO newbie can drive one strait away and when they break it the first words out their mouth is " Oh my g-d that was not my fault " And they dont understand how much It really costs to fix a car. Nothing below ÂŁ5 or $8. My car has broken 3 times, I have broken it 0 times.
DONT LET YOUR FRIENDS DRIVE YOUR CAR>

Ben
Old 12-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Evader 53

Never will I let my friends drive anything of mine (besides ride my mini bike), my next door neighbor got an MT and is now in his garage in pieces. I had my old nikko truck out one day and he comes over and tries to hop over it with his scooter..instead he lands on it and it breaks into a million pieces....
Old 12-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Memopad

I guess most people here need some new/intelligent friends

I let my buddy drive my GT quite a bit this summer, actually ended up getting him interested in the hobby and he bought his own GT. Now if whenever we go out to the track or bmx track or whatever we always let eachother drive our trucks. When one of us has our truck with us and the other doesn't, its shareing time!!!! lol
Old 12-03-2004, 10:20 AM
nitromacguyver

on my transmitter i have another set up that limits throttle throw and steering throw so that friends cant get going fast enough to really break anything. i just switch between models on the display.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Evader 53

Awesome- I wish I could have something like that...expensive though
ORIGINAL: nitromacguyver

on my transmitter i have another set up that limits throttle throw and steering throw so that friends cant get going fast enough to really break anything. i just switch between models on the display.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:17 PM
capone12

Yes of course I let them drive my rc cars!

My radioshack ones but my hobby grade ones? HECK NO! They think that its fun to do a destruction derby with it. After letting one of my friends take the sticks on my el camnino he drove it at top speed straight into the ditch and hit the cement part. Front of the body=to' up. When I get my rustler, they wont even be alowed to touch the truck, batteries, controller, charger, or even the paper that it came out of unless they have some experience with rc liek a couple of my friends do. My friend cj has a nitro powered truck that goes 50ish so Ill let him drive my rustler around. But almost anybody else. They can go drive my nikko truck [8D]
Old 12-03-2004, 11:19 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

i used 2 all the time.... till...! My buddy kyle took my evader st in to a curb at 40 mph and said that he knew what he was doin... and after it was still good jus it broke the bumper and the hing pin!...and i jus didn't let him drive it anymore... then i let my other friend drive my evader after kyle busted it cuase i thought he might know what he's doin but NO!!!! he took it off a 4 foot jump at 40 mph and flu like 50 feet then landed on my back wheels and busted my idler gear and my ball diff and broke my universal joints!!!! [:@]!..... never again will i let my friends drive my R/C car and i mean NEVER!!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

or if i let them use it and they break stuff on it.... then they pay 4 the replacement parts!!!
Old 12-04-2004, 12:12 PM
iliketobreakthings

i was driing my car when my friend was over... taking it off some jumps... and he convinced me do do some jumps on cement becuase we could go off them faster.... i did a few fine but then he asked to drive [X(] i told him he could drive as long as he doesnt go off the jump... i turn my head for 1 second and he's driving full speed towards the ramp [:@] he hits it at an ange and sends the car flying through the air like wounded duck... then the car hit the ground on the back wheel hard... 1 cracked Arm and bent CVD both of these broken parts are on my car becuase they can still take the impact of the jumps ive been doing... i broke them 3 months ago
Old 12-04-2004, 02:16 PM
threebs

I have a couple of old Associated T10's with very limited ESC's and with old but serviceable AM radios and receivers, a couple of 1700 bats, stock motors, standard servos and junk bodies for my rookie friends that want to try their hand at RC. Sure parts are hard to find sometimes, but these friends get hooked and buy their own rigs. "Spare" set ups for friends can be found pretty cheap on e-bay. Oh, they dont touch my "race gear".
Old 12-04-2004, 03:57 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only time someone else other than my son drives any of our trucks is at the track when I ask one of the local ffast guys to help me with a certain setup or tuning.... My 10 year old knows that the trucks are for racing and not for his friends to drive.... We have a disposable Radio Shack Monster Patrol for the local kids to play with... Its fun to watch the Cen MT2 or the Maxx do laps around the monster patrol truck.But it keeps them happy and they don't ask to use the real ones.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:16 PM
biker dude 666

one of my friends drives my truck because we made a deal that if he crashes it or tears anything up he will pay. but my friend that has been in the hobby for like 5 years gets to drive my truck cause i get to drive his nitro[>:][8D].
instead of letting the little kids drive it i just chase them with it. never hit any of them yet but if they are stupid enough to run into it ha ha ah it was their fault.;[:@][>:]
Old 12-04-2004, 08:46 PM
t to the maxx2

last year my friend was driving my tmaxx, when it was a stock POS, and he flew into a car tire, not a prked one, but a car going 25 mph, cuased somewhere around 200+ in damage, we ssplit the sot.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:22 AM
biker dude 666

never hit a moving car before.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:00 PM
**MilkMachine**

o i have. back in the good old days with me and my buddy mr. electric rustler. it was AWESOME! i just replaced my worn tires with dirt hawgs and me and my freind were driving or cars. (he just got his and i have been doing it for about 3 months at the time.)
and i drove it right down to the end of my driveway and a car came out of nowere. and i hit its wheel, and it smashed my new crome 3 spoke wheel. well 2 of them but it still sucked. the tires were ok though. thank god there rubber.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:20 AM
XhAoHaOx

lemme re-ignite this thread! I really dont like to but maybe after lots of theory lessons i will. but one kiss on the bumper and it would be back to me! Though i do let my dad drive my car. He never goes above half throttle! And he has never hit the second gear!
Old 05-03-2005, 02:39 PM
e-maxxmaster

no i never do
Old 05-03-2005, 06:25 PM
stewburner

No, neit,nien,nada, nobody touches my transmitter or my truck unless their prying it from my cold dead fingers.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

I only have one friend that can drive my car cause he understands how much they are worth, he hit a pole doing liek 15 km/h last year and got really appologetic and said he would pay for all the broken parts, but of course there were none. it's a duratrax remember

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.