Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car/truck/bugg fanatics! We want your input to design the contest!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car/truck/bugg fanatics! We want your input to design the contest!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car/truck/bugg fanatics! We want your input to design the contest!

How about the funniest R/C related story contest? This way everyone can enter. Some of the other ideas are great but they require equipment that some guys don't have (camera, video recorder, etc) The most helpful member is also a great idea. Maybe do it monthly, might be an incentive to keep negative posts away.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:19 PM
WackoWasko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car/truck/bugg fanatics! We want your input to design the contest!

How about the best custom part. (Ex: trailer)
Old 03-11-2005, 09:40 AM
studysession

My thoughts -
A lot of great ideas have been posted. One that is hardest to judge is best body shell. No way to 100% know that the person posted actually did the painted -VS- having a friend or paying someone to paint it for them.

Definately a scratch built contest along with the most custom truck with spending the least amount of money as well would be a cool one. I like the custom body idea, but just think it is to hard to prove who actually painted it.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:22 PM
WackoWasko

When will we know what it really is going to be?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:04 PM
mechanicalbob
My Feedback: (49)

To quote: Thegreatwarrior "When will we know what it really is going to be?"

I was thinkin the same thing. There has been alot of ideas on here about what is should be or not be. Is there a way that we could be in on the loop of the decision making or be informed on what the progress is doing to the start the contest?

Steve
Old 03-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Prophex

I haven't read all the other replies, but I would make a contest about who can do the most original thing with his RC car (preferably videotaped)

And I don't care who choses the winner
Old 03-14-2005, 07:17 PM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Most of the contest ideas have been good ones. I think a TC and an MT body custom painted(theme) signed by a celebrity. Like the statcic-x rc-10 or maybe even the whole theme car. Either way would be cool! You guys are doing an awesome job with rcuniverse and your always looking to make it better. Makes me proud to be a member
Take care,
Jay
Old 03-29-2005, 03:11 PM
TitaniumXRC

Just a thought, if this car or truck is to be manufactured, why not put the designers name on it. I have an Team Losi XXXNT Adam Drake, now I know he is an RC pro, but something like that.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:20 PM
WackoWasko

How about sumtin unusual, like jumpin an on-road car, or using paddle tiresand making ur truck a boat? just my 2 cents...
Old 03-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Goaferboy

you should have the best use of stock parts. no new parts other than the ones that come with the rtr model and see what people do with them. hopefully see some creativity rather than expensive parts that only the well off people can afford
Old 03-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Cummins

ORIGINAL: Goaferboy

you should have the best use of stock parts. no new parts other than the ones that come with the rtr model and see what people do with them. hopefully see some creativity rather than expensive parts that only the well off people can afford
That would be great. So many people now just buy everything carbon fibre and hope there car runs better because of it.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Shadowhunter985
My Feedback: (5)

I think an action shot or design contest would be awsome. the best prize would a gift certificate to like Tower hobbies or other major hobby supply company
Old 04-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Goaferboy

plus if you only use stock parts then everyone can enter. i assume that everyone here has at least a stock car or are thinking of getting one or they wouldnt be here
Old 06-02-2005, 05:18 PM
prabbit

It's been 6 months since the RCU staff suggested a contest. When should we expect to see this idea blossom into an event?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:57 PM
cjennings

Dont give hop-ups because what if what they give you, you already have???

I say the easiest way is to give a hefty give cetificate or you should give the grand prize winner a choice of a Nitro MT (Tmaxx Revo ect) and a 1/10 Nitro touring car (HPI R40, Serpent 710, ect) or a electirc MT and a elect tric Touring car or a mix of Nitro and electric??

Give the person who wins a chioce!!!

The second place winners could get one (a nitro mt, Nitro touring car, Electric MT, Electric Touring car.)

And third place should get a gift certificate.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Cummins

ORIGINAL: cjennings

Dont give hop-ups because what if what they give you, you already have???

I say the easiest way is to give a hefty give cetificate or you should give the grand prize winner a choice of a Nitro MT (Tmaxx Revo ect) and a 1/10 Nitro touring car (HPI R40, Serpent 710, ect) or a electirc MT and a elect tric Touring car or a mix of Nitro and electric??

Give the person who wins a chioce!!!

The second place winners could get one (a nitro mt, Nitro touring car, Electric MT, Electric Touring car.)

And third place should get a gift certificate.
That's a good idea but do you have any idea of how much that would cost!? I think the easiest is to give out gift vouchers for Tower Hobbies or similar.