Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car/truck/bugg fanatics! We want your input to design the contest!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car/truck/bugg fanatics! We want your input to design the contest!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 07:16 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car/truck/bugg fanatics! We want your input to design the contest!

We are going to have a new RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car, truck and buggy fanatics! We want your input to design the contest! Something cool, fun and creative that everyone will have a good time with, win cool prizes and get a chance to share more about their latest rides.

What sort of contest would you guys like to see?

What criteria should the judging be based on?

Who should do the judging (rcu staff or members?)

What is your dream prize list?

Post your ideas here.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:22 PM
geofferama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car/truck/bugg fanatics! We want your input to design the contest!

You should definitely include a nice gift certificate as one of the prizes. Some expensive (or new/exclusive) hop-ups from one or two of your advertisers wouldn't go amiss.

I think that ideally, the contest shouldn't be something that someone can 'buy', like having a shelf queen contest or the like.

Anyways, rock on RCU
[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 01-30-2005, 09:23 PM
rcfreak32

Default RE: RCU Contest w/prizes just for rc car/truck/bugg fanatics! We want your input to design the contest!

The contest should Custom body level.
The judging should be by the rcu members
Old 01-30-2005, 09:32 PM
aero528
My Feedback: (9)

well , mabye a best action shot contest. agree, we should have some prizes that are hard to find, and are worth more. i dont know how much of a budget you guys have, thats the thing, so i cant tell you what kind of prizes i want(everything...?jk). they should be something all of us hobbiest can use, like a really nice workbench (everyone needs one of those), or some good radios. mabye you could also get a gift certificate from tower or ehobbies, or one of those online hobbystores, and use that as one of your prizes(like geofferama said). i dont think hop ups for a certain car would be a good idea, because if you win, and you dont have the car/truck/boat/airplane/heli, then its useless to you, unless you have us pick from a long list. just some of my 2 cents.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:54 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i think its better if the winner should be voted by the members ...and prizes will be like rtr trucks or something
Old 01-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Nitrofreak_105

a "most helpful member" contest, prizes from tower
Old 01-30-2005, 10:08 PM
rcguy29
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

I think it should be the nicest shelf queen contest or a custom painted body contest.prize for shelf queen contest could be a mint in box tamiya bruiser.custom painted body contest could give away a nice airbrush set up with alot of fascolor paint.or even a picture contest of members cars in action.a cometition electronics charger would be a cool prize for that.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:14 PM
neil.jb

i like the idea of a best action shot or short video contest which could be judged by a public vote, there could be different category's for the different groups of rc's, ie buggy, MT, ST, touring car ect ect, then the winner of each category could go into the grand final for the big prize
Old 01-30-2005, 10:16 PM
thumpin15s

having a shelf queen contest would be dumb. You dont have to have any skill for that, just money. Custom painted body, done by each member personally, that would be a good contest. That takes skill. Best action shot would be COOL, but, the person wouldnt really be doing it themselves. It would be another person taking the picture. Custom body, I think, would be the best. Prizes might be something like an RTR truck or car of some type, or maybe like a mini of the persons choice?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:22 PM
neil.jb

thats the thing, even if you dont have enough money to own a good RC you could still take a really good picture of one and be in with a chance of winning a nice prize, opens it up to a wider group of people, not just people who have experience with an airbrush and have lots of money to spend painting bodys all the time
Old 01-30-2005, 10:28 PM
josh h

I think the judging should be votes by members. And the contest should be the most hoped up truck. and the prize should be a truck body and truck hop ups that the winner wants.

-Josh
Old 01-30-2005, 10:31 PM
WHester

ORIGINAL: Nitrofreak_105

a "most helpful member" contest, prizes from tower
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-30-2005, 10:32 PM
puffer

I think NitroFreak is along the right line. Playing up on his suggestion, what about having the entry comprised of submitted tech tips and tricks? Then the RCUniverse could compile them into some sort of new forum where everyone could go to for help and at the same time, everyone has helped with their own suggestions. You see so many postings regarding the same problems. Perhaps people would be more apt to do a search for answers where they are all located.

A tip or trick wouldn't have to be too complicated. It could range from tips on glueing tires properly, or how to rebuild a diff so that it doesn't leak, or how to check a glow plug, painting tips from the pros, you get the drift. Tips could encompass everything across all of the current forums. Further specific subdivisions could be made later by the moderators once the MASSIVE list was compiled. Then duplications could screened out.

Prizes could be earned for many reasons: highest neato factor, why didn't I think of that?, simplest suggestion, most helpful to everyone, best buggy tip, eletric inspiration, most bizarre but it works, monsterful magic, etc.

As for what the prizes should be, well I think the first award should go to whoever comes up with the best suggestion for the contest, ahem , but I digress. Prizes could come from sponsors, preferably in the form of gift certificates or complete vehicles , servos, radio systems, something that everyone can use but is not vehicle specific.

I think following this type of entry format prevents those with the most money from "buying" a win. It also promotes the sharing of information among everyone with all of human-kind to benefit .... um getting a little over the top there. But seriously, you can benefit from the ingenuity and work of others while also sharing your wisdom and get credit for it. Picture it years from now, as overheard in the pits at a ROAR event; oh I see you're using the puffer recommended set-up for this type of track. I can dream.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:33 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Action shot contest would be good, pretty much everyone has a digital camera, or can get digital pictures one way or another.

As for prizes, you'd more than likely need to have two catagories of prizes to pick from, one for nitro and one for electric, as other than radio's and tires theirs not much that can be used with both.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:37 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

a cool prize should be a RTR car are truck or a truck or car kit. that would be a cool prize. a cool contest would be whats the strangest/coolest thing you've done while driveing youyr rc.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:39 PM
bsammyfl
My Feedback: (4)

Hi everyone I think this contest should set up so that people build custom vehicles. They can use off the shelf parts but the vehicle should have some part of it that is custom made and it should function not just set and look good. The prize should be something worth all the trouble and cost. The critirea for the judjing should be fuction and design. Not who has the best paint or the most money. Lets create fun usable cars[sm=idea.gif]
Old 01-30-2005, 11:09 PM
rc_2004jk
My Feedback: (9)

i think that the contest is a great idea i think that u should have at least a 95% good rating because a good seller or buyer should be the one to win . it should be a top selling car ,truck ,or buggy like tmaxx savage mamoth lst exc,exc one of the cars should be like a rs4 evo , tc3 ,tc4 , buggy should be like a mayhem , or maby a duratrax firehammer some thinkg realy good this is a great site and so far everyone i have done busniss with has been honest trader seller exc so thank all of u justin s.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:04 AM
dougi3000
My Feedback: (4)

a lifetime supply of nitro fuel would be a great prize.

i dont know if members voting would be such a hot idea. you know what happens with electronics votes, they get a zillion fake votes.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:05 AM
nitro-boy

i think it should be some sort of video contest split into all the differant catorgories. or even some sort of picture contest. as Dougi3000 said with electronic voting could be dodgy and possibly mess up so i think the judging should be left to you guys. as for prizes.......im sure you will think of something good for us
Old 01-31-2005, 07:01 AM
gerwen

I like the 'most helpful member' idea, although that rules out us noobs.

The best action shot is another good one. Lots of people will be getting smacked with their trucks for that one.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:47 AM
poor judgement

hmmm, this sounds like a pretty good idea.

how about a contest for the most helpful and inventive people out there? the people who have helped out others, without flaming people and such like. those who have fabricated things that are not available commercially, that actually improve a vehicles handling or power output etc.

basically i feel it should be held for the most innovative and practical people out there. anyone can buy parts and build a shelf queen as stated above.

maybe a couple of different categories would be required.

it would be nice to repay these people who create new and interesting stuff that takes the hobby forward.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:20 AM
KTIA_Dragon
My Feedback: (1)

Contest: Definitely a design contest (not store bought)
Categories:
- Truck
- Stadium
- Buggy
- Car
Criteria: Each a winner
- Originality
- Design
- Showmanship (the whole car condition, hop-ups, cleanliness, etc.)
- Overall
Judges: Members with the RCU Staff as the arbitrators (Staff can see imitations or bought designs better than members)
Prizes: Gift certificates to help hop-up that ride even more
Old 01-31-2005, 08:26 AM
greasysnowball

If you are going to have a bad butt paint scheme you should paint the R/C car that you are tricking out on the front of the body. just for suggestions.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:27 AM
N4sir

Wow, the possibilities! So far. I think the best ideas are the action pics, most helpful and the best (or maybe the most original) bodies. The only problem with a "member vote" is getting into the "truck a. VS truck b." thing (ie savage, lst, t-maxx, e-maxx, super Doomafloppy is better because I own it) instead of voting on the real issue.

Prizes should be things that the regular joe, like me, can't afford. A gift certificate might be the easiest plan. An on-line retailer will supply that just as inexpensive advertisement. They would get their banner spread all over the contest.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:40 AM
hollandchoppers

Pete From Holland Choppers,

How about monster truck pulls.

A contest of strength.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.