Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

sheldons hobbies sux

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 02:20 PM
worthlessthenu
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sheldons hobbies sux

well, they might not suck, but i find their general lack of good customer service very appalling. heres the story. i bought an rc10gt from my friend. he intern then bought a stadium maxx. yeah i got someone to play with. he had it for two days and cracked the gas tank. me being the nice guy that i am purchase a new one from "Sheldon's Hobbies". i don't tell him. i order it 3 ups. a $14 gas tank with shipping runs me $25. Im okay with that. 7 days goes by. no tank. i call."oh, it shipped and is in transit." fine i say, because now its in ups's hands. whatever. 7 more days go by. i call again. im greeted by this guy. well i shouldn't say greeted. anyway he doesn't even try to help me. he keeps giving me the run around because he "doesn't want anything he says to come back to him in court" give me a break. like im going to take you to court for an rc gas tank. he was very rude and condescending. i ask him to stop patronizing me and talking to me like i was 13 so he said "sure no problem" and hangs up on me. i call back 6 times before i get through again was actually helped by someone else who was pretty cool. she reshipped it for me and i just received it today(Feb.1) by the way i ordered it January 13 3 day ups. well i just felt like venting so take it however you would like but in my mind im boycotting sheldon's hobbies. and maybe ups too. havent decided yet. thanks for reading and i hope it didn't affend anyone too much
Old 02-01-2005, 04:10 PM
ThaMatrixHazU

Default RE: sheldons hobbies sux

Next time order from Tower!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

it was the hobby shops faultnot ups
Old 02-01-2005, 05:25 PM
worthlessthenu
Banned

thats what i thought. its tower from now on. thanx
Old 02-01-2005, 07:26 PM
poor judgement

i hope u mentioned to the helpful, and no doubt pretty, young lady, that the other guy was a jackass
Old 02-01-2005, 07:47 PM
hattrick89

Sheldons is my lhs and I go there around once every two weeks. The woman (cashier) is nice, but only a few guys behind the counter make me feel welcome, so I could see them being rude on the phone. I usually go to my local hobbytown, unless the price is there just too high. Hobbytown has nice people.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:16 PM
AO_Dallara
My Feedback: (1)

Sheldon's is my LHS, more than the guy above, I live like 3 miles away. The lady is "ok" I asked her a question on the phone, after she gave the answer she hung up. No problem really, it just doesn't seem professional, I love people who say "Thanks, have a nice day" with a least a fake happy voice. Some of the guys are helpful, but some seem like total asses. I called and asked if they had this battery pack, the guy straight up said "yes we do", I ask how much he says don't know, come down and check. I come down and check with cash in hand, another guy says they don't have it w/o even bothering to check. I let it slide cus I didn't really think it was a big deal, than my friend comes back another day with me, he asks for a Losi part for his car, a guy said they don't have it w/o really trying. 5 mins later, my friend sees it over the counter and asks another person to let him grab it. After spending hundreds of dollars there, they still don't seem so welcoming or cheerful.

In short, honestly I feel unwelcomed there, everytime I walk in, only one guy actually says "hey how are you doing?", everyone else gives me a stink eye like I'm there to rip them off. I've been to different shops where I'm treated almost like a king before I even make any purchases. Crappy shop in my opinion.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:48 PM
3vil5teve

i had a kind of simular experience on the phone at my local hobby shop. although the guy was sort of helpful, he couldnt answer any of my questions... and they were so simple...

anyway, you should have remembered the name of that guy and kicked his arse
Old 02-01-2005, 11:50 PM
GoldenPoint

they should giv u somethin for free......and not a catalog..
Old 02-03-2005, 12:56 PM
worthlessthenu
Banned

well i believe that the shipping department is different than the actual shop itself. the store has one number and the order dep. has an 800 number. and yes, i was pissed of enough at that guy to fly from maryland to san jose just to kick him in the chin.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:36 PM
worthlessthenu
Banned

and just a final comment on this topic. i also believe they should give me something and it should at least be in the form of a written apology and im going to work on that. thanks for all the input.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:51 PM
ncgrunt

Did they ever give you a 1Z tracking number? It could have very well been lost through UPS. Sure, stuff like that only happens to maybe .001% or less of the packages we ship, but if it's yours...
Old 05-27-2006, 05:13 PM
warks62
My Feedback: (140)

sheldons is da bomb son! A whole bunch of sexy-ass ****s work there! Especially the dudes on the Airplane counter!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Everyone is going to have a problem once and a while . But the workers should not be rude since you are making it possible for them to have a job . If you feel you have been wronged then you should take it to a higher matter , manager or owner . I had a problem once , 2 of us were planning on buying new cars . The kid behind the counter was more interested in helping his friends and shooting the crap . So we left and returned the next day and talked to the owner [we actually know him pretty good from all the purchases we made] and he sold us the cars for cost and made the kid appologize and found out a few weeks later was fired to that we were not the only ones bringing this to his attention . Basically , if you have a problem no matter where speak up if you want something done . More likely the person in charge has no idea what is happening or these people would not making his/her businnes look like they don`t care about their customers .