Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

CONQUISTADOR

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:26 PM
ford f150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CONQUISTADOR

thanks dood[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 01-12-2007, 09:37 PM
psydal

I bought conquistador dec. 24 I was able to break it in. After that I had to tighten ALL hardware. After that I finished of the rest off the quart of fuel. Then it would run but not move. I called store were I bought it they told me they would replace the differentials. But why? It would just do it again. Then he told me that others with the same promblem{no suprise} use washers to shim the diff gears. So I took them apart and put washers behind the dif gear that is connected to the ring gear. It pushes the gears together tight. It works great now but will probably have to be done again later. Now that I thought about it could put a small spring between diff gear and ring gear. Maybe next time.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:44 PM
psydal

I bought conquistador dec. 24 I was able to break it in. After that I had to tighten ALL hardware. After that I finished of the rest off the quart of fuel. Then it would run but not move. I called store were I bought it they told me they would replace the differentials. But why? It would just do it again. Then he told me that others with the same promblem{no suprise} use washers to shim the diff gears. So I took them apart and put washers behind the dif gear that is connected to the ring gear. It pushes the gears together tight. It works great now but will probably have to be done again later. Now that I thought about it could put a small spring between diff gear and ring gear. Maybe next time.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Nitro_Nick_07

hi i brought my acme conquistador about a year ago with the .18 engine and was wondering if the engine could be upgraded to a .21 or a .28, or are the engines built for certain model and cannot be upgraded.
plz let me know if it is possible to upgrade, Thanks
Old 04-18-2007, 01:11 PM
psydal

nick, I tried to fit a .21 from a truck called enslave the pullstart would not clear the
rear bulkhead. with the pullstart off it would clear so maybe a different type of starter
and drill new holes for mounting and the clutch bell lined up perfect the next problem is
the throttle/brake works oppisite of smallblock would have to change servo position. and then there is exhaust very possibly will fit in same place. however I have not followed through with work maybe sometime like all those other projects,I customise real cars
for a living so I know anthing is possible if you are willing to do the work and pay the cost.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:08 PM
maty b

hey guys.

i am completley new to rc nitro cars. i saw someone with one, and i was like omg, i gotta have 1. i have ordered a conquistador, which should arrive any day now. is there anything i should do before i run it? also, what is the best way to get to know whats inside that car, so i can later on mod it/fix it if it breaks? thanx !!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:50 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maty, check out the redcat racing or exceed forum, they are pretty much the same stuff
Old 08-26-2007, 04:33 AM
maty b

ok. ty
Old 08-26-2007, 04:47 AM
SpikeX

ORIGINAL: acme gt

and for this model 1 tank lasts around 7 minutes that what i timed mine
Wow, that's not a long time. My Savage lasts 15-18 minutes on 1 tank of fuel (160cc) and it has an HPI Nitro Star K4.6 engine (.28 size).
Old 08-26-2007, 12:29 PM
maty b

cant find them.......

please help! is there anything i should do before i run it? also, what is the best way to get to know whats inside that car, so i can later on mod it/fix it if it breaks? thanx !!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:34 PM
psydal

maty b, make sure all hardware is tight.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:37 AM
maty b

ok, but i dont know how....... im a depressed noob cause i dont know wha counts as hardware or how to tighten it...
Old 08-28-2007, 12:35 PM
cen123

how fast does this go with the 18 engine?

where do people get parts for it?

where do you get the 2 speed transmisson

I read this thing goes 65mph. Is it true?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:13 PM
psydal

maty b, get small allen wrenches, screwdrivers large and small, anywhere two seperate
things connected to each other they use screws or bolts. my conquistador had a problem with the allen bolts or ,"grub screw". on the drive shafts, little black rods in the center of your truck looking straight down at it .the tools will cost you far little in comparison to the money you will spend on this hobby. the exhaust manifold will lossen up too

cen 123, my .18 engine is the light blue .15 the store lied to me told me it was the .18
they do advertise 65 I dont know for sure but I think maybe 45 well tuned on a good day
still fun tho. mine was bought at a hammond toys in salt lake city they do have web site
they stocked parts for a while few months later they told me they were done ordering
parts for those, I said thanks I have wrecked it many times I tried to fit two speed from
acme cyclone the crankshaft for two speed is different and is for two speed only. so there for you must use that engine. that engine never ran well it didnt work out too well
I could never get it to really wind out really high like the other. cyclone is piece of crap I regret
buying it. it looks cool on the shelf tho. the newer .18 is dark blue it is better and more
powerful my conquistador is complete and intact, but he engine is burnt up now
soon I am going to fit a os .18 to it I think the exhaust is different but that is it
right now I have an evader it is broken at the moment that is a whole othe story
Old 11-17-2007, 08:25 AM
pede_187

Was thinking of getting one. Do they break easily or are they junk (please only post if you own one)?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:04 AM
devo208

I had one 2 years ago it was fast as hell but cheap acme racing makes cheap cars and trucks, but i cant say they are for beginners cause they are fast. After buying one of them you will spend good money on a more relayable truck like a t-maxx
Old 12-06-2007, 10:44 PM
HOT_ROD_69

does anybody know why my baffle inside my muffler melted it is an ACME CONQUISTADOR with a .18 eng. is the factory muffler butt i took it out and looked at it when i seen parts of plastic coming out of the muffler hole just broke it in last week and didnt have a chance to lean it out untill today and after i opened it up a few times out on the street thats when i noticed it
Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 AM
devo208

is there fuel dripping from your exhaust if so lean it out.. Stop playin with the cheap stuff and get a cen or a revo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61341.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	820259  
Old 02-18-2008, 05:35 AM
sniper141

I bought my Conquitador a few years back when it came with the 15 and I havn't had porblems with the engine, just the rest of the truck. The thing is fast as hell though, could use the 2-speed tranny and aluminum all around because the rubberish plastic mounts just get stipped or screws rip out of the holes. I have spent a descent amount on replacment parts but only because I was buying from Nitro Tech in the UK. I googled parts for this truck and have found multiple much cheaper parts for the truck and get the parts alot faster. Being overseas for the Military, it's hard to get mail quick and buying from the US hobby store is much faster and cheaper. IF ANYONE GETS ONE OF THESE, UPGRADE TO ALL THE ALUMINUM AND STEEL PARTS YOU CAN OR YOU WILL SPEND A CRAP LOAD OF MONEY ON PARTS. And for those having troubles with the new clutch bells, you will need to shave the inside down a bit till it stops spinning the wheels when starting it!!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:21 AM
KieblerElf

I have an Acme Conquistador truck and I upgraded to the Aluminum

lower suspension arms. The problem I'm having is that I cant get

the ballhead screw that connects the arm to the knuckle inside the

knuckle? I've used every ounce of strength in my body and it just

isn't happening. Is there any other way?
Old 05-23-2008, 08:15 AM
peewee146
My Feedback: (4)

i have a acme truck and it has a hard time taking off help
Old 05-23-2008, 05:39 PM
KieblerElf

Can you be more specific?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:59 AM
ballz34

sniper 411 can you be more specific like tell me what the websites url is where you got these aluminum upgrades are. Thanks
Old 07-18-2008, 12:11 AM
NitroOrDie

check the U-joint set screws. are they tight and are they are even there.

the ones u need to check are the ones to and form the differential and

most of that is the problem. if not u will want to check the differential.

look in side it and make sure the gear teeth aren't all bent and mashed.

if they are then u need to get a new differential or replace the gears.

Hope you get it fixed.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:01 PM
78ford

ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.