Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC10GT priming

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 11:29 PM
rcnitrorush99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT priming

i was looking at my friends RC10Gt and there is no primer to prime the engine. what is the best way to prime the engine since it doesnt have a primer? my friend puts a little bit of fuel in the carb by taking the air filter off the top ofthe filter and jsut dribbling a little in and he says it starts it up fine. what are some good ways to prime it or is the way my friend does it fine?
thanks
Old 10-18-2002, 12:09 AM
tuffy51

Default priming

one of the ways that i prime my duratrax when it wont start is to put youre finger over the exhaust pipe outlet and yank the pull start a few times with out the glow starter on it.it will send pressure into the tank. and then try to fire it up.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:10 AM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Default RC10GT priming

That works.Sometimes I take the hose off the exsaust pipe and blow until fuel comes out the other end.Course i usually end up w/ a mouthful of nitro!!
BNZ'
Old 10-18-2002, 12:21 AM
rcnitrorush99

Default RC10GT priming

ok good ideas i prob wont do the mouth full of nitro one lol anyone else got any good wasy to prime a tank with no primer? thanks
Old 10-18-2002, 12:29 AM
FlyinRazorback
My Feedback: (8)

Default RC10GT priming

I do the pipe covering thing also. You can also let the lid snap down a few times and this will help prime it as well. It works really good when you do these 2 together.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:08 AM
rcnitrorush99

Default RC10GT priming

what do i do for the lid snap? jsut lifti tup like im going to fill it up and instead of leting it down easily jsut let it snap down quick? if thats wrong please explain thanks! everyone is a real help here
thanks
Old 10-18-2002, 01:40 AM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Default RC10GT priming

Yep that work pretty well.Just let er snap.
BNZ'
Old 10-18-2002, 02:34 AM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RC10GT priming

Finger over the stinger is a good way. For pull starts, leave the glow ingintor off, and tug it until the fuel reaches the carb and then put the ingintor on and let er rip. When using a starter box, I always put the ignitor on first then plug the stinger and push down until it goes.

BTW- with a starter box the fuel will reach the carb very fast. It may just take a few taps on the stinger so you don't flood it.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:15 PM
rcnitrorush99

Default RC10GT priming

thanks sounds like the no igniter pullin g the pull start one sounds like what it will probobly say in the instruction thanks for the inputs your all a help thanks
Old 10-20-2002, 01:05 AM
rcnitrorush99

Default RC10GT priming

any other ways?ideas thanks
Old 10-25-2002, 01:41 AM
RC10blur

Default RC10GT priming

i not sure what that other person meant by taking out the hose and blowing in it i have had to do that with my rc10gt and all i do is blow untill i see fuel entering the carbureator then attach the glow plug ignitor and give it a few good tugs then it starts right up i have never got a mouth full of nitro except for this one time when i was cleaning my air filter in a glass and i thought is was koolaid well let me know what you find works right well l8ter