Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 02:58 AM
bgchrs2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engines

Does a higher number necessarly mean more power??? Like is a .15 faster than a .12??? Or maybe the other way around??? I wanna hook up my car with a better engine. If im gonna spend the money i want the best of the best. I dont know if it matters or not but i have a HPI nitro RS4 2 with the stock .15fe engine. I was also goin to put in a 2 speed tranny.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:45 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

Default Engines

Well it depends on what type of track you are running. Usually the .12 engines will turn more rpms (=more speed) but they don't have the torque of the bigger engines. Are you running a tuned pipe and header? Better air filter (than stock)? The 2 speed is pretty much wasted if you are not running on very long tracks where you need the 2nd gear. If you want to compare engines here is the site for it ->http://www.nitroreview.com/compare/homeengines.cfm Click the engines you want, then click compare at the bottom of the page. Also read your other thread, all this is wasted if you car handles like poo poo!!!
Old 11-13-2002, 09:46 PM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engines

For a given engine, a .15 will produce more power than a .12. But there are different engines out there. The .15fe would produce more power than the .12fe, but that is where the comparisons end. A Picco or Novarossi .12 will put out about 1hp compared to about .4hp of the fe. But a .15 Picco or Novarossi will be more powerful than the .12.

So basically, get just about any other .12 engine on the market and it will blow the doors off the .15 fe.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:35 AM
bgchrs2003

Default Engines

What if i get a .15 instead or do you think the little extra power isn't worth the extra money???