Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Off-road tires that will run good on grass on a TL-01?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Off-road tires that will run good on grass on a TL-01?

Old 12-17-2005, 11:19 PM
oonoiroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off-road tires that will run good on grass on a TL-01?

Ok so I've got 2 TL-01s that are set-up for drifting, and even though drifting's really fun, especially with other people, I wanna make my TL-01s off-road, too since i've got a pretty nice backyard full of 1-2 inch high grass n' stuff.

And no, buying another RC for off-roading will not be an option since it doesn't fit in my budget. I have 3 touring cars and I don't plan to get more, unless they're 1/18ths, which will probably be later.

So what kind of tires that fit on standard 26mm wheels will work for... say like 1-2 inch high grass n' stuff? I've already looked into some of the HPI rally tires. Do you think those would work? I'd love all of your opnions.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2005, 11:24 PM
jokerplaya

Default RE: Off-road tires that will run good on grass on a TL-01?

whats the terrain like
Old 12-17-2005, 11:31 PM
oonoiroo

Just like 1-2 inch high grass like I said, and just plain ol' dirt.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:11 PM
The_Collector

HPI makes a touring-size rally spike tire that really grabs on loose surfaces. [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXM975&P=7]Check Tower[/link] for the info.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:21 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try searching for "Tamiya rally block"...

I used them on a TL-O1 for most surfaces and they work well, just avoid running them on very hard surfaces as they are pretty soft and will wear down quickly.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:42 PM
oonoiroo

Alright, thanks a lot guys. I ended up getting old tamiya BFGoodrich tires that are pretty big and should score me some good ride height. I also used some unused tires and shoved it on top of a very used foam tire. It rallys not bad in my backyard, especially on the dirt part. And since they're kinda worn out, it kind of slides on the concreate part. I'm sure with the new tires though it'll be a lot better on the grass though.