Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What does your partner think???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does your partner think???

Tell the world Guys,,, what does your other half (male or female lets be open minded here) think about your 'Toys, little hobby, silly cars/buggies/trucks.
Mine hates them with a passion!!!!
Hates them as much as I love them.
All I want is a couple of hours on a Sunday, (not even every Sunday) to fly planes and drive my cars but it must be too much.
By the time she gets home I have been in the shed for an hour but am clean from work, smellin' good and the meat for dinner is defrosting.
Damn,,, I even get my chores done.
She just does not understand why I do it.
Anyone else got a sob story???
Old 01-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Wide Open

Default RE: What does your partner think???

im 15 and single. so i can drive all i want as long as i tell my parents what im doing and where im going.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Maxime

She once told me "it's either me or your toys that leaves..."

Sometimes I kindda miss her.

Just kidding. Still single.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:46 AM
tashspop

my wife doesn't like it, but she doesn't really hate it. i can't get her to try driving anyone of my cars and she really hates the idea of me spending money on it, but thats about as far as it goes.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:39 AM
gerwen

My wife realizes that having a hobby is something that makes people happy, so she supports me. She's not really interested in it herself, but will sometimes come with me to the races.

I in turn support her hobbies.

As long as you're not ignoring your significant other in favour of the hobby, they shouldn't have a problem with it.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Medrivfast

My wife has no problem with my Toys. She sometimes comes out with me and runs them.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Metalhack

My wife loves it. I have raced motocycles since I was 5 and at 31 I gave it up. I had enough and she did too. She was in my pits for the last 5 years and it scared her. Now, shes quite happy that I have a hobby that satisfies me and I wont get hurt.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Dr. Gonzo

My wife is very supportive of my hobbies (RC, golf, and mountain biking). As long as it does not break the bank! I just got a Revo in July 2005 and she went and bought me a Jammin X1 (that I had been wanting really bad, but decided I would wait until spring 2006 to get) for Christmas. I support her in her hobbies as well. However, she has no interest to try it out. I would love for her to try to drive on of my RC's. But I don't push her. We still do alot of things together.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:13 PM
RON F

My wife likes it , as a matter of fact she bought my first car.
Sometimes she comes to the track and watches. She likes that it gets me out of the house and out of her way.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:15 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My ex wife couldn't stand the r/c cars and planes but put up with it because of my son... My girlfriend doesn't have a problem with it because I make sure I find time for her... I have all day on thursdays and sunday's until 2 pm to do whatever I want... Then I have to spend time with her.. Wrenching time is limited to whenever I can find the time or during one of those girly movies.. I'll work on the trucks at the dining room table while she watches the movie..
Oh and by the way.. I do let her drive the monster trucks and have even let her fly some of the airplanes... She goes easy with the trucks, but unfortunately, she did crash the last plane she flew... tip stalled straight into the ground... I couldn't stop laughing because her face was priceless.. wish I had the camera with me...
Old 01-23-2006, 04:04 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have ben pretty lucky the ball and chain races with me the onl problem i have is she has taken over my evader and is getting mad at me for wanting to buy another st
what she dosent know wont hurt me untill se finds out
hope im home when my new raven gets here
Old 01-23-2006, 05:44 PM
E-maxxer

Man I am 14 and when I get in trouble for the littlest thing in school thats the first thing I get grounded from.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
ssj2

I've had my parents threaten to take away my nitro car on several occasions but I gotta admit that it does make me get my act together QUICK.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Wide Open

ive never been that great in school, i just know everything i dont need to know.[:@] i can wrench on an rc car as fast as can be and fly both rc and real aircraft. im good at things that take some sort of work with the hands, im not good at sitting in a classroom and taking in all the info they try to spit out at me and remember it.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:44 PM
gm72

My wife doesn't really like them or dislike them. She realizes that it is becoming a strong hobby of mine, and she's fine with it. She even listens to me when I go on and on about hopups.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:53 PM
michelob78

Mine just has to see the receipts I admit two weeks ago I got a package from Tower Hobbies... Well it was just a bunch of small parts misc stuff but everyone knows how fast that adds up, anyway there was like $100 in parts. So we are watching TV and she asks me nicely how much were those parts?.... I replied like $40 lol, well aparently she read the receipt from the box cause she knew EXACTLY how much it was. I figured she saw the prices on the parts packs, but nope cause I tried to tell her that those prices were MSRP's and were all high prices. Now my packages have to go through "customs". She was more disturbed I lied to her than the price, so my advice TELL THE TRUTH. She got a kick out of it really, she picks on me about it now.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Brad330l

Oh Man if I had ever done that I would not have a girl friend now!!!!!
Money is not the problem with me as we still dont live together but more of time together and the future IE 'How will you be able to provide for me while you are playing with you little cars' type situation.
'Why arn't you interested in property and investments??? etc,,etc,,.......
Old 01-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

im single but close friends(girls) think it's pretty funny that i play with "toys", but when i start it and roll down teh street going 40mph they say wow, lol, but i run whenever i feel like it, my parents arent against it. As my dad said as long as it keeps me off the street(like drugs and guns) then he approves it most of teh time, he buys me parts somtimes too
Old 01-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Wide Open

it is pretty funny when you go blasting down the street making all sorts of noise and you see the look on spectators faces.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:20 AM
Komb.at

My girlfriend says something along the lines of "don't buy it, you're only going to use it like once a year, it's a waste of money" (as i currently have no car)

[:@]
Old 01-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Philng

ORIGINAL: Nitro Rustler Racer

im single but close friends(girls) think it's pretty funny that i play with "toys", but when i start it and roll down teh street going 40mph they say wow, lol, but i run whenever i feel like it, my parents arent against it. As my dad said as long as it keeps me off the street(like drugs and guns) then he approves it most of teh time, he buys me parts somtimes too
Same here, my dad likes this hobby since its a healthier hobby than doing drugs and guns and stuff. so he supports my hobby a lot. i'm 14 and I don't have a girlfriend.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:26 PM
trayman

well i live with my gf and our kitchen table is my new work station got my truck torn apart all the time in there she thinks the hobby is stupid and thinks i should be spending all my money on her of course but she helps me out with the little screws and clips my "man fingers" couldnt get ... lol she likes when my buddies come over with their rc's so she can go shopping or out to eat with their gf / wives im sure they are bashing the crap out of us while we bash our trucks...
Old 01-25-2006, 05:25 AM
Tinybaum

My girl research bought the truck, made plans for me to go use it. Asks about it, and wants to drive it. . . .currently we are seeking a 2nd car to play together. . . cant complain. And the only thing she said was i dont care what you do to it, what you spend just make sure bills are paid.

She doesnt like my other hobbies (she has a problem killing things and seeing them dead), such as hunting and fishing, but she will eat what i shoot, and is fine for me leaving on trips to do these activitys....she even bought me new boots to hunt with. . .so with all that in mind she is a keeper. . . .guess ima have to get that ring soon lol

Tiny
Old 01-25-2006, 05:39 PM

lol im glad to be 13 and single my dad does not care about the price and how much time it is as long as i buy it my self and i have guns also but there just high powerd bb guns. there not evenas strongas a 22 caliber pistol so im not killing any body lol.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:50 PM
mgtman

hates them with a pation would hate them more if she knew how many i had ,but now drill sargent some how got me to agree that every penny i spend on my toys then i must spend the same money on her lol i must have been druuged or something or hypnotized couse i just bought a sp 2 with a new starter box ,new c5b,2- futuba- s9350,mugen 1005 pipe ,plus a custum paint job, so that was a very expensive buggy lol since i had to pay twice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.