Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Truck remote controllers

Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 AM
imbait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Truck remote controllers

I've got these 2 electric trucks both of which i lost the controls to. they are 9.6v and run on a 49.86MHz frequency. Is there any possible way i can buy a new controller for them that isnt 70+ dollars? any help would be much appreciated. I can also take pictures if needed.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RC Truck remote controllers

No need to spend big money, you can get a radio for both cars, and go to 2.4Ghz signal for less than $40.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

This one radio will control both cars, just make sure you get an extra receiver with it, I think they're about 7 bucks each.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:51 AM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait, before you go buy a radio let us know make and model of the cars in question. If they are hobby grade then Foxy's suggestion will work fine.
But, if they are the toy grade cars then the reciever will be intragral to the electronics and not so easily replaced.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a very good point. While there are hobby grade cars running off 9.6v and 49.xxmhz frequency, there aren't a lot, so it may well be a toy grade. Good catch Dave.

To the op, if they are toy grade, you will have to try to track down their original controllers. Even if you found another the same frequency for a different model, the end points would be wrong, and any number of other hard-coded settings, it may not work at all or it may make the servos work too hard (burning them), or it may just work very poorly (hardly turn the wheels).