Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Switching

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:09 PM
dmanero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching

hi, I been racing my EP Yokomo Drift car for about a year and a half now and I'm thinking of going to nitro Powered. I'm looking in to getting a truggy. and do do a bunch of upgrades. But before I buy it I was wondering if you can aswer twoquestions for me.

1: Which would be a great starter. I want to buildit myself, so i'm not looking for a RTR.
2: what do I need to know for a first timer using a nitro power vehicle.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2006, 04:24 PM
R/C fan-addict

Default RE: Switching

kits cost a lot more money and usually don't come with engines, radio gear, or support equipment such as this kit: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLLE7&P=ML

I suggest you get an RTR and save yourself the hefty cost of a kit, for a beginner, not top of the line RTR truggy look at the Ofna Blazer SST. It comes with radio gear and everything and also comes with a fuel bottle, glow starter, rechargable RX battery, and failsafe. All you need is a temp guage, fuel, and since the glowstarter runs on D-sized batts and unless you happen to have a rechargable D sized battery lying around then buy a rechargable glow starter.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

The Sporwerks Mayhem ST is a good truggy to play with also and is RTR with reciever pack and can get it with a Spektrum radio.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:40 PM
dmanero

thanks for the suggustion, I've taken a look at a lot of the top brands like HPI, Team Losi and a few other and they are all RTR. looking for one that need to be build 100% like when yuo purchase a ep kit. Reason why i'm doing this is to give my self another challange, building a ep car is just too easy.

Thanks

P.S. What do you guys think of Team Magics niew Nitro Sedan car.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
R/C fan-addict

well if you're willing to pay the extra price of a kit then go ahead and buy one cause the come with quite a few hop ups and lots of CF !
Old 03-23-2006, 09:20 PM
dmanero

thanks for the tips, been looking throught the car actions buyers guide and I'd bought the HPI 18SS. And will take it from there. thanks again.