Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

diff oil subs

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:52 PM
j-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diff oil subs

I want to put my car back together but my diffs are dry. Ive got 30 and 40 weight penzoil, 85 weight gear oil, and regular old bearing grease. I also have 3 in 1 and some electric motor oil. Im puttin one of these in my diffs cause I aint waiting for mail order or driving 60 miles to lhs. [>:] Whitch would you use? thanks!!

OH yeah! I dont think my diffs are all that well sealed so please take that into consideration.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: diff oil subs

First , don`t use any of those . Some oils will do harm to plastics . Second , have patience and do it right the first time , get some diff oil. Third , if they are not sealed , put DIFF grease in , the oil will leak out and make a mess .

Most times going cheap costs more in the long run .
Old 03-30-2006, 09:55 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would not use any type of oil as mentioned. In most cases it will leak.

What I use is the thickest type of grease I can find. Usually bearing grease, then I pack it in my diff to get a "limited slip" type of effect. I've been doing this to all my diffs without any problems.

Ryan
Old 06-09-2006, 07:49 PM
TunedFlow

Well I have the same prob and to order some oil but I resorted to using lubricating grease and trust me it's not worth it. The oils/grease will be too light and you're diff will feel almost flat open. I have a front one-way and my car won't stay straight for anything.