Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI MT2 18SS help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:10 PM
BansaiKid55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI MT2 18SS help

For my first nitro car, I think Im going to get the HPI MT2 18SS kit. For anyone who has this car, can you tell me some basic things about it, like how fast it goes, what kind of fuel runs well with it, how difficult it is to build, how durable it is, and that kind of stuff? Thanks a lot
Old 04-12-2006, 05:47 PM
BansaiKid55

Default RE: HPI MT2 18SS help

Oh yeah and this is just a totally random question, but if it says you should buy 10-15% nitro fuel, would it matter if you used 20%?
Old 04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
DoDaMan

I have the MT2 that came with the .15 BUT I put the .18SS in it.

I have 8 tanks done so far... It takes off so fast Im afraid to WOT.

Im also running 20% fuel. With a medium plug.

I didnt build it, so I cant help ya there!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:48 AM
tinky-winky

ORIGINAL: BansaiKid55

Oh yeah and this is just a totally random question, but if it says you should buy 10-15% nitro fuel, would it matter if you used 20%?
I'm certain you could use 20 percent fuel. Also, there's a review of it on this website.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:29 AM
dmanero

I just finished my 18SS. and it looks amazing, changed most of my stock parts to alumiunum and added a roll cage, you'll have fun building it I know I did. Can not wait to start driving it.

So to answer your questions

Very easy to build
The stock part are durable but it doesn't hurt to upgrade to a few aftermarket parts.
It needs about 20% nito fuel
and I believe it runs a top speed of 75 kmph.

Feel free to pm me if you have anymore questions and keep an eye open when I post my pics once I finished painting my body.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:06 PM
fast_stangs

Hey man....

I currently own 2 HPI MT's the original's....I use one for bashing and the other for racing (which is currently for sale on RCU) on my bashing truck I switched out the stock nitro star .15 for the .18ss and with the other upgrades its pretty much a MT2...Not alot of difference...But yea I think this is a great truck for anyone...They are extremly tuff and with the .18ss motor I'd say your gonna have more power than your gonna need...(For the average Person).... The one thing I would recommend and I'm not for sure about the MT2 kit but the MT doesn't come factory with Metal gears there plastic so at first I had some trouble stripping teeth so I upgraded to metal and haven't had any trouble since...The shocks are pretty good if your gonna be catching alot of air I would upgrade...I run the Powerline Racing Aluminum shocks on both my trucks they really work great...You can pick these up at www.powerlineracing.com about $39.00 a set....But other than that stuff your probably not gonna have to upgrade unless you just want to the MT's are a well all rounded truck and really its almost better to leave the factory stuff on them if your just gonna be bashing because if you do break anything it cost so much less to replace....But yea I think the MT will make you a great truck...Also if you have any trouble, guestions, or need any parts just send me a message I can most likely help you out...

Also anyone looking for a great deal on a Race Rdy MT I have one for sale on RCU:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=183861