Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help with engine!??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:38 PM
475kyle475

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with engine!??

hey...i want to replace the picco 12 in my rc10gt because its bumpstart with a pullstart os engine......and these cranks look different......whats the difference? can i run both?

Old 05-15-2006, 02:37 PM
sosidge

Default RE: help with engine!??

The cranks are indeed different and you won't be able to fit the clutch if you get the wrong one.

I forget off the top of my head what kind of crank the GT uses (fairly sure it the short threaded one) - take a look at the engine and get the same kind of crank!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

I think its called an SG crank, between the photos the CV will probably work, but not the TZ. Also sometimes the flywheel can not fit on different engines depending on the angle of the carb. I have an AE15 pull start engine and replace it with an OS12 TR but the flywheel from the AE15 was too big and is touching the carb body so i have to get a smaller flywheel.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Rs43EVOman

Just so you know, both of those engines come in the different typs of crankchafts.