Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new to touring cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to touring cars

im gettin the xxx-s rtr II tomorow and i need to know is working with touring cars allot harder then it is working on a st or mt?

is changing motors any different or harder?

if i strip a spur gear will it be hard to get to and change out fast?

just need some basic instructions on how to get rolling and how to get back to rolling after i break something

eventualy i will learn i guess but im just worried ill get the thing and i wont even know how to turn the thing on[8D]

but i guess the owners manuel and stuff that comes with it will tell me proper operating fuctions and how to get to stuff that needs replacing

but i suppose the very first thing that needs answering right away is how do you change out the motors? because the very first thing i was gona do as soon as i got the car was take out the stock motor and put in that novak brushless 5.5
Old 06-05-2006, 10:18 PM
MuffinMan06

Default RE: new to touring cars

nah a touring car isnt too complicated compared to the others... EXCEPT!!!! Except for the drivetrain... An ST has a stealth tranny and is only 2WD and easy to work on, but the xxx-s has a belt driven 4wd which is a little bit more complicated (but you'll get used to it, it's not that hard). The xxx-s is a durable car and shouldn't have too many problems breaking it, but the hobby store should have lots of upgrades and spare parts Changing motors is just as easy, just unscrew two long screws and put on the motor plate on the motor, put the pinion gear on, and put it back into the drivetrain (the spur gear is easily reachable too, and protected by a plastic cover. Now the handling will be different... the car will be lighter and more responsive to suspension changes, but it tells you all about that in the manual
Old 06-05-2006, 11:14 PM
R/C fan-addict

why are you getting the RTR only to rip out the motor and ESC for a BL one? I think you should get the kit or a TC4 team...
Old 06-06-2006, 08:35 AM
the shiz
Banned

cuz im a nub
ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

why are you getting the RTR only to rip out the motor and ESC for a BL one? I think you should get the kit or a TC4 team...
Old 06-06-2006, 08:36 AM
the shiz
Banned

maybe its because hes a nub

FAG!!!
ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

Old 06-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

i am a nub but only to on road stuff

*edited* reply to deleted post
Old 06-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

l
Old 06-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Team MRC

I agree instead of taking everything out or? Why not just build your own kit to your driving ability or likes over a short period of time. Set a budget, ideas of what you want and go for it instead of settling. You know find a chassis, search eaby or other online stores or hobby shops, make a list and get what you truely desire!

RTR are great and all. I honestly? thank you are wiser than the norm hobbiest who is just now entering the r/c racing world. Or am I wrong?

Team MRC
B'
Old 06-06-2006, 08:35 PM
FlyWV

I dunno guys, I usually end up getting RTRs even If I don't plan on using anything beyond what a kit would have. It never hurts to have a spare transmitter(you should see my pile).
Old 06-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Team MRC

great! then i have a plan for you g, sell the extra radios as you only need one if ya get the right one...then use that money for some pit items to make you a better setup person since your new to the touring car scene.

It seems to me bro, you have a plan with the rtr's then...Save 2 radios you have and sell the rest!!!!

Thank,, tweek boards, springs, pit stand for your car, motor fans, heat detector for your motor, extra tires for different surfaces,,,well you get the picture....Kepp buying the rtr then but sell the other stuff and get CASH to make you even better than you are now!

Team MRC
B'

P.S. Set up a radio or econo car for your girl bro! Who knows,,she might beat the local boys and get ya some local pink slips at the track for some new cars!<LOL><LOL>>......

Old 06-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

im just gettin the rtr version because i need to learn how to use the damn thing first and mainly i just want to pimp it

and i allready took out the stock moter and put in the BL system

now if only i could make my 24 series wheels fit
Old 06-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

k well ran it for the first time and i got to say its good but its not that good

kind of let me down litlle bit because i thought this thing was gona be "uber" but when i drive it it looks as if its going just as fast as it would with the stock setup

but i did get the 24's on with some spacers i had that came with the spinner kit the only problem is with the body i have on there sometimes the HUGE wheels like to get stuck on it so i dunno but it runs and i havent broken anything on it yet so its all good
im just asuming its my battery's because theyve been out of it for about 5 monthes now

i usualy run my xxx-t indoors on a carpet track during the winter so i havent used um in a long time

(EDIT_DAY_AFTER_POSTING)

yep turned out the batterys were th problem so i just needed to run them a bit befor they were ready to move the car up to full spedding potential

but my 2400 blew out and thats like the best batttery i have that makes the car go faster then a 3000 would so im just gona get like 3 or 4 of thse and stick some deans on um

there extreamly cheap over at my lhs there like 7 or 8$ for the prebuilt sticks