Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HASBRO MAKING NITRO CARS!?!?!?!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
R/C fan-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HASBRO MAKING NITRO CARS!?!?!?!

ORIGINAL: livindead

iraq,,korea,,the price of fuel...and just gobs of other crap that we dont even know about....not to mention elections are comming the government is a little bussy at the moment....i dont think that [unless it becomes epidemic that rc cars start killing people] they will find much time for a few kids that burn them selfs on a hot cooling head.....besides hasbro has most likley put heat sheilds and guards on every thing that gets hot or could hurt any one real bad....unless of course the butthole terrorist start doin evil crap with them...then we might have something to worry about
haha I just watch farenheit 911 and they showed a clip of how the government supposedly tried to scare the US citizens into supporting the nation to go to war in iraq. It said "be aware of remote controlled aircraft loaded with explosives!" lol I doubt that if they were talking of RC airplanes as mobile bombs and didn't outlaw RC then then they won't outlow RC cause a bunch of idiot 8 year olds go "oh mommy look at that car! It runs of gas and it's really really fast, please, please, please mommy!" and from personal experiences I can say that this generation of parents is all too allowing. They'd rather give their 8 year old kid something that says 16+ than have their kid whin about it for an hour. That's the other problem this generation of kids is all too good at whinning and all too disobident. I mean a couple of decades ago if you parent said no it meant no! Then the 8 year olds with their new nitro in hand, pour some nitro on the ground maybe hold the glow ignitor to it and poof! Bad... or maybe hold their hand in the gears while the motor is running, put their hand in their mouth after touching the fuel, hey poisenous, explosive stuff and idiots don't mix. And the more widestream nitro is the more idiots it'll reach and the worse RC will look in the public eye. Sure it may bring down costs and stuff for the people like us who are serious about taking care of our RC's but I tell you there will be a lot of sad little kids when their gear strips and they have no idea how to fix their car and poof in the trash it goes. An RC is a lot of responsibility and putting it out on the mass market at really cheap prices won't make people think and learn about what they are buying before they buy! I spent months researching my savage before I bought it and shoppers at Walmart will think about it for less than 10 minutes! I'm annoyed at Hasbro for doing this too, because the smart people who own hasbro surely know that their products will reach the hands of the underaged but they don't care, they care about the mulla in their pockets and that is all. I also can't believe how badly this forum will suffer after these cars are released, tons of kids will come here complaining! Oh god I can't wait...
Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 PM
-Inverted-

I also find it hard to believe a place like walmart will have the sources to have parts support for these vehicles, and then the fees just to handle nitro. There are just so many liabilities, just think of how easy it would be for the kids to burn their house down. As much as I care about spreading the hobby, this is a sure fire way to get it eliminated.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:57 PM
michelob78

I think you guys are over-reacting, walmart has flammable stuff in their store now, as for parts... I doubt you will see them stocked, that will most likely be a mail order affair, or just completely disposable as stated. As far as parents letting their young kids have nitro rc.......I am sure hasbro must have looked into the lawsuit end of it, any product misused will hurt people. I think stating the fact that someone will get hurt and then have RC be banned is very far fetched.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 AM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: michelob78

I think you guys are over-reacting, walmart has flammable stuff in their store now, as for parts... I doubt you will see them stocked, that will most likely be a mail order affair, or just completely disposable as stated. As far as parents letting their young kids have nitro rc.......I am sure hasbro must have looked into the lawsuit end of it, any product misused will hurt people. I think stating the fact that someone will get hurt and then have RC be banned is very far fetched.
of couse walmart has flamable stuff, for gods sake they also have guns! But they don't target propane towards kids! No kid is going to beg his mom for a gallon of gas! And I think hasbro as long as they layer up the disclaimers will be nice and safe from lawsuits, I don't think RC will get banned though...
Old 07-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Raylon

There will be so may of these things returned it wil be ridiculous. I wonder if Wal-Mart has any idea of what they're getting into.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:59 AM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

All hasbro has to do is recommend them for 16+ age and warn of the dangers of mis-use
Yes, but cigarettes are for ages 18 and older and warn of the dangers, yet theres thousands of underage smokers. Mature games are for kids 17+ yet you see 9 year olds playing grand theft auto, if you see what im saying.
Hey invert, do you mind if I edit your post a little? "Yes, but sex acts are for ages 18 and older and warn of the dangers. yet theres thousands of underage sex acts,

Whats you gona do???
Ron
Old 07-13-2006, 01:28 AM
-Inverted-

I think stating the fact that someone will get hurt and then have RC be banned is very far fetched.
If they are considering banning RC laws due to noise wouldn't you agree someone getting hurt by one is much more plausible?

Also Ron,
the age of consent varies among states and countries, in the US in some states 14 years old is the legal age.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:07 AM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Also Ron,
the age of consent varies among states and countries, in the US in some states 14 years old is the legal age.
Yeah, that's right, age of consent is 14 in some places................ I remember when I was 14. If someone asked me to consent to anything I would have said "hell ya, sounds good, lets go". Of Course at 14 I was about as dumb as the kids of 14 are now.
Ron[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 07-13-2006, 02:50 AM
Miki01

This whole shenanigan will bring on 10 year olds who think they know everything about nitro R/C cars... Well, just wait 'til us big boys (and girls, if we have some female members) drive right through them with our "real" R/C vehicles! *bwuahahhahah*
Old 07-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Nitro Fumes

I heard about that yesterday on Yahoo. I guess that will be the modern equivalent of Cox cars that were made in the 60's. You'll be able to buy them an Wal-mart. LOL!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 AM
dracohowe

..... lets take the engine out and see if it will even move lets say a 1/6th converted savage. heck it might not even move a regular savage. i see no good in this and if r/c get cancelled in canada i'm screwed.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Ryan11

Ive been reading through and wow there are some crazy idea's! Like the goverment banning RC nitro cars. Even if they did ban them, take dirtbikes for example. Dirtbikes are illegal on roads but yet people ride them. But for like $130 for a full nitro car is very good, cheap enough to buy, break, throw away! And I think they will sell fuel aswell on a large scale so it will be alot cheaper. Someone also says that loads of people will get burnt because they dont know anything about nitro cars. But they wont because you have got to be real stupid if you think that engines (any type) dont get hot.

Ryan.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:38 PM
dracohowe

you would be surprised at what some kids do
Old 07-13-2006, 12:42 PM
skidooguymxz550

you'd be suprised at how stupid people are. on of my neighbors had a freind over and let him ride his minibike, it was the funniest thing i've ever seen. he tipped it over and tried to hold the exhaust to put it up again, people are dumb. you should no that engines are hot but not all do.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:10 PM
ElToroLoco.

I think that theyre trying to make this hobby available in all atores for good prices, now much more people will have these cars, and our cars will seem less cool, because everyone can get them.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: GT RACERMAN

I think that theyre trying to make this hobby available in all atores for good prices, now much more people will have these cars, and our cars will seem less cool, because everyone can get them.
They already have cars in the stores [electric ones] and has not made our real "hobby" grade any less cool . I think the nitro ones will be the same cheap toy grade as the electric cars . I`d be suprised if they would come even close to the quality Cox cars that came out in the 70`s .
Old 07-13-2006, 02:38 PM
-Inverted-

I`d be suprised if they would come even close to the quality Cox cars that came out in the 70`s .
I agree with Dawman on this one, the Cox cars were very innovative, and started a trend, I cant see these improving anything. For those concerning nitro fuel, judging by its low speed it will most likely be a very low nitro content.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:16 PM
itspuddingtime00

http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page....fm?release=482 theres the news off the website. The first NITRO XRC vehicles – the NITRO XRC RICOCHET and NITRO XRC REVOLUTION MT – will be available at retail locations in October 2006. The NITRO XRC RICOCHET is a two-sided stunt machine that features oversized tires to allow the vehicle to drive on both sides – turning any obstacle or ramp into a RICOCHET stunt course! The approximate retail price is $179.99. The NITRO XRC REVOLUTION MT is a rugged monster truck build for speed and stunts – both on-road and off. The approximate retail price is $129.99. Sounds like a bunch of crappy cars to me, except for the XRC Ricochet!!!!! OMG DRIVING ON TWO SIDES?! Thats sounds killer. In all seriousness though, there is absolutly no way these can be as good as a real hobby grade RC. They sound exactly like their electric counterparts only with a nitro engine. Waste of money IMO, I'll just stick with my revo and savage.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:31 PM
-Inverted-

How can it drive upside down without the engine cutting off....
Old 07-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Dawman

That`s what I was thinking .
Old 07-13-2006, 03:43 PM
CapUSA

yeah seriously! I dont see these cars doing very well. You dont give kids used to toy cars nitro. Hasbro cars are on the "You dont know how it works and when it breaks you get a new one" policy. I just thinnk that its a very bad idea. The target audience is stupid teens who arent patient enough to do hobby quality rc cars, and probably think the hasbro and radioshack toys are the only rc cars out there. I dont think they will be very popular. actually, I think they will be popular, but I think they will suck. Then, everybodyy will return them when they break, and we will forget about them. and then ten years later, lunchboxer will get one to add to his collection.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:03 PM
-Inverted-

and then ten years later, lunchboxer will get one to add to his collection.
LOL!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Dawman

The target audience is stupid teens who arent patient enough to do hobby quality rc cars, and probably think the hasbro and radioshack toys are the only rc cars out there .

Watch what you say about stupid teens ok . I was 9 when I got my first real rc car , it was a cox kit . But that was 21 years ago and people in general were more responsible than these days . In those days you had to be some what mechanically inclined so maybe that helped . I`d have to say not all teens are stupid and can handle the responsibility . Just there are more unresponsible people now then ever .
Old 07-13-2006, 04:12 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

aww, man.My mom's gonna freak out when a bunch of kids are getting hurt[]
Old 07-13-2006, 04:26 PM
dracohowe

lol watch kids bring these to tracks. lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.