Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 01:14 PM
PROP-WASH
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default temp gauge

Hi guys.
I'm a newbe and buying a savage x 4.6 this week from tower and would like to ask if its
a good idea to order a temp gauge with it.[engine break in and such] and where is the best
place to mount? also do you leave on all the time. maybe dumb question but if I don"t ask
thats even dumber what is a good brand and gauge. alot more questions to come. thank you
Old 07-23-2006, 05:42 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: temp gauge

I would not recommend a temp gauge to a new driver. Ask every question you have before making any decisions/mistakes ect.

Ryan
Old 07-23-2006, 06:20 PM
125cchyperman

I would not recomend getting a temp guage. It is not needed for tuning. You can tune your engine without it and have it run perfectly fine. Many people will say that it is a must have but in the end you will be more concerned at keeping the engine within a certain temp range then having fun driving your truck/car.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:50 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Being new to this I do recommend to get one. No do not try to tune to a certain temperature but it sure can keep you from frying an engine. I sure see all the big pros at the big races using them. How much does one cost and how much does and engine cost!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:51 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEMG5&P=ML
Old 07-23-2006, 08:01 PM
silent_echo

yeah its not necessary to spend big $$ on one. my dad has one for work so i "borrowed" it. i dont use it to tune i jsut use it out of curiousity. tune by performance and sound and smoke, not temp
Old 07-23-2006, 09:22 PM
nitro man!

If you really want one get this you get more for your money.[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJTW3&P=ML]temp[/link]