Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What Do You Think????

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 05:36 AM
Jeff29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Do You Think????

I'm a nebie, and was just wondering what better between the HPI super nitro rs4 and the HPI nitro Rs4, i know the super is bigger, and i suppose faster, but is it a good car for a beginner?
Old 01-03-2003, 03:03 PM
TheHobbiest

If you are new go with the HPI RS4 RTR 3 or RTR 3 Type SS. The SS is faster, and can be competitive if you wanted to get into racing. My friend has the type SS and i can handle it as well as I handle my RTR3.

THE HobBIeST.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:47 PM
dg2b

HPI SN, bigger but not necessarily faster.

I used to own one, dropped a big block, two speed, one-way and it moved. It was fun.

Out of the box, the RTR version of the RS4 and SN, sports the same engine (.15 FE) therefore, I would have to say it is no where faster but rather slower as it is heavier.

Beginner car, I would say the SS is a good start.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:19 PM
silverkorn

if this is your first rc car i would say go with the RS4 3 RTR. this way you get almost everything needed to run the car.

if you have aftermarket servos or radio that you want to use with the nitro car then get the RS4 3 SS. its also great for you to learn where everything goes and you know exactly how to take it apart.

you due get a full manual with the RTR incase you do need to take it apart but with the SS your forced to build it.