Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

as fast as it says?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 01:11 PM
holinger91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default as fast as it says?

ok, im looking into buying a mt. I was thinking the magnum nx (heard it was the same as the mt2 just with some upgrades) and was wondering if it will go like it says. people say its a great truck but will it got 45? or at least 40? cuz im lookin for a truck for a reasonable price that goes fast enough but at the same time is real durable (i like to ramp.....HIGH), and can go offroad real well. the listing price is 45+ and the speed for the mt2 in the chart is 45. but i know often times that they go slower. i like everything about the truck from reading it because i hear its super durable and great offroad, onroad, and track bashing. but if there is another truck for AROUND THE SAME PRICE thats more durable and possibly faster (if the magnum doesnt go 40+) then go ahead and suggest it.

thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 09:09 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: as fast as it says?

simple simile: for real cars-it says you can do a 13.6 as a best in the 1/4 mile for a 350z.............that is a professional driving with multiple tries at it..........pretty much same goes for rc....it's capable of hitting 45 mph stock, but i doubt youd do that becasue that would be a very lean mixture that youd have to set it at and have the whole carb tuned perfectly.......but if you get an aftermarket aluminum pipe or a better cooling head then itll do it no problem!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Savage_OWNS

you should get the savage, its a REAL mt, it ramps REALLY high, and its durable as hell. that or a buggy, cheap and fast, and reliable.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Henry William French

Lets say the CEN mt does do 45. If it did go that fast it would need to be geared fairly high which would take all of the muscle away from it. Get a cheap OFNA buggy for about 250. The buggy will go faster, have tons of "muscle", handle better and be FAR less likely to break. Plus a buggy doesn't have a 2 speed tranny which in this case is a good thing. If you plan on making jumps out of plywood in the grass then a buggy isn't that great and a truck would be better. If you really want a truck then get an RC10 GT.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:44 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Henry William French

Lets say the CEN mt does do 45. If it did go that fast it would need to be geared fairly high which would take all of the muscle away from it. Get a cheap OFNA buggy for about 250. The buggy will go faster, have tons of "muscle", handle better and be FAR less likely to break. Plus a buggy doesn't have a 2 speed tranny which in this case is a good thing. If you plan on making jumps out of plywood in the grass then a buggy isn't that great and a truck would be better. If you really want a truck then get an RC10 GT.
agree to disagree. lol
well, I agree about the buggy handleing better, and having muscle.
My CEN funfactor did about 41 - 42 ish out of the box once broken in (according to my GPS). I had a Tmaxx 2.5 at the time, and the CEN MT2 easily ATE the Tmaxx on accell and was just a wee bit faster on the top end with stock gearing. It wasn't a wheelie machine from stock mind you. The front tires would just come off teh ground for a second when you throttled it from a stand still.

The magnum has a .18 instead of a .16 like the MT2, so it should have more power. Only thing I didn't like about my MT2, is the stock tires are very heavy. Toss on a set of proline masher 2000's, grab slightly higher pinion gears to account for the slightly smaller diameter wheels and loss of weight, and it's ready to rock with no upgrades required.
Actually, the metal brake disc is nice ($2.99). Not quite sure why they don't put them in from factory.

Don't just take my word for it though, check out RCU's review. THey do very nice and thorough reviews. http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=705

I loved the chassis and drive line on the MT2(and magnum) so I beefed mine up a wee bit. check the pics and list of mods in my profile. Basically it is running a .28 wtih buggy shafts, and all I ever break is A arms.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Henry William French

Ok your MT2 may go over 40mph but RCU doing nice reviews?! Every review they do, the car is great or really good. This ruins their credibility for me.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:32 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

well, it's not so much their rating of the product that I think is good, because you are right, they don't give many (if any) bad reviews.
BUT, they do give a nice breakdown of the vehicle with lots of good pics, and a short video.