Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro Street car

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 08:41 PM
walkingtall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Street car

Hello all,

I am in the market for a nitro (or maybe electric depending on the performance) r/c car. I currently have a RC10GT and wanted something to run on the street. What is the car that everyone wants to get? I not that up to date on the new cars so I have no idea. This is the car that I was looking at Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec Sedan RTR w/Radio/2.5 for 299.00. Any thoughts on this car?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2003, 12:09 AM

Default Nitro Street car

The 4 Tech looks like a good car, (traxxas says it goes 60 mph), and you probably cant go wronge wiht it. But you also have to spend a lot of money on batterys and a charger. I own a Yokomo GT-4, that goes 60 MPH stock, has a 2 speed transmision, and is very durable! i have yet to break a part on mine! HEres a link to ultimate hobbys, where you can get the Yokomo gt4 for 299. They also have the Traxxas 4-tec for only 279 if you want that, And they even have HPI nitro RS43's for only 209 dollers! (those dont come with the 2 speed tranny though). Heres a link: Tell us what you decide on!

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//c491.html
Old 01-14-2003, 04:15 PM
FROGGY-RCU

Default Nitro Street car

go for the yokomo or the assoc nitro tc3 rtr.

the nitro tc3 doesn't have a 2-speed but it will scream once you take the restrictor out of the carb and set the linkage for full throttle. don't know how fast it is with 2-speed since it is on back order. i do know it will outrun the rs4 rtr that has a 2-speed and the carb upgrade

don't know much about the yokomo but the track owner were i race sais it is a good car and i haven't been dissapointed with any of his recommendations

i will be buying a nitro on-road car soon and these are my 2 choices
Old 01-14-2003, 04:45 PM
walkingtall
My Feedback: (1)

Default Nitro Street car

Thanks for the replies,

I was wondering is there anything wrong with the Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec Sedan RTR w/Radio/2.5 for 299.00? Again I have no clue when it comes to these cars, I was just curious.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:18 PM
FROGGY-RCU

Default Nitro Street car

it depends on your area but i don't think that parts availability and upgrades are that great for the car
Old 01-16-2003, 02:00 AM
efalls

Default Nitro Street car

no therer is nothin "roung" with it but since traxxes toulk a motor from a monster truck,regeared it and put it in a car it might be fast but in my case with some freinds cars i know you will be buyin parts alot. personaly i think if u want a fast reliable car you should go with the hpi rs4 3 but im an hpi guy (just check my prof.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:09 AM
Hondaracer03

Default Nitro Street car

I wouldn't get the 4tec. I had the electric and a friend of mine had the nitro version. We both had horrible experiences with them. We were ordering replacement parts left and right. Finally, I sold the car and bought a used HPI Nitro RS4 2, which I love. I would probably go with the Associated TC3 RTR, nitro is $300, and electric is $230. Welcome to the hobby!