Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anybody heard of this "power booster"?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anybody heard of this "power booster"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 10:56 PM
NitroRunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody heard of this "power booster"?

hey guys, i found this stuff on the net and was wondering if anyone has ever tried it or has any info on it as to whether its any good or not? http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nitro-Engine-Boos...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Default RE: Anybody heard of this "power booster"?

I think it would work, but sooo little, you wouldn't feel it. IDK, not worth $15 IMO.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:28 AM
J_D

anything that sounds like crap usually is.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:19 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a crock to me but would be interested to hear from someone that has used it.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:57 AM
125cchyperman

They have that same exact stuff for larger engine's. For car engine's (cant remember the exact name of it) and it comes in a lot larger quanity for I think about the same price. But it never really took off (because I dont think it worked), but you should beable to find it at a Local Auto Parts store. I dont think it would add much power at all as the friction in these engine are not all that great to begin with (if it was they wouldnt reach the high rpm's that they do).

I would go out and buy the car stuff and then try it in your rc car engine as it cost a lot lessand offers a lot more for the price. If it doesnt work then you can try it in your car, and no harm done right.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:09 AM
Rs43EVOman

That stuff isnt really made to boost power, ist supposed to increase compression in old engines that have gotten a little worn out. From what i hear it works OK. I would try that to see if it works before i go out and get a new piston and sleeve, but my N21BF engine's brand new so i dont need to worry about that for a while.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:01 AM
SAVAGEJIM

This is total BS for me. I can see several problems with this product. Assuming it realy works for full sized gasoline cars (a diesel engine's higher temp and higher compression ratio would proabaly cause problems with this junk), I do not believe it will benefit nitro engines at all.

The primary factor see as a problem is the higher RPMs and heat caused by nitro engine. Full sized cars and trucks turn at most, maybe 15000 RPM for a fully race grade gas engine? Since big bolocks will turn up to 35000RPM (maybe more) and small blocks will turn up to 40000RPPM, in increased friction and heat might cause a problem in alowing this goo to bond with the crome.

On the line of bonding, whether or not this goo can actually bond to crome is another issue. Full sized gas cars and trucks do not have crome plated engine. Unless the crome is particularly scuffed up from wear (a really worn engine), I can see this stuff totally slipping off like water off a duck's @$$.

Most of all, when a new nitro engine is breaking in, it has a nice tight taper that contributes to compression and power. In a new engine, this stuff will simply be scraped off by the tight piston and sleeve.
Now, when the engie is worn, the piston and sleeve loose their proper tapered fit. At operating temps, the worn piston sleeve will ezpand to a diameter larger than that of the worn piston's diameter. No matter how much of this goo you pour in, it will not fill in the space caused by the epanding of the worn piston and sleeve.

Overall? It is high priced junk. If you must have it, go to the automotive store and buy the same stuff for full sized gas engines. This HB stuff is simply high priced useless goo when it comes to nitro engines.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:54 PM
GYNAIKAS

Yes i useoneof these...you cannot see any difference in power output of your car but is sightly offers some acceleration. It contains a cylinder-type magnet to reconstruct the N+ and N- component of the fuel and the burn becomes more productive. You insert it between the carburator and the tank (it connects to the silicone tubes). Try it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94954.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	552128  
Old 10-31-2006, 07:24 PM
125cchyperman

Savagejim

I agree that this stuff does not work but one thing. I dont think that it will just scrape off of the cylinder if made correctly. I dont think this stuff is made correctly though. This stuff is supposed to bond with the metal on a molecular level (kinda like Rain-X) and how that reduces friction between the rain and the windshield so the rain just slides off at minimal of speed's.

But I dont think that this stuff bonds at a molecular that is needed to achieve this and there for doesnt work like they say. I think if they could get it to bond at a lolecular level that it could offer some power gains but as I and savagejim has said the friction is not really a problem because if it was I dont think we would be getting 40,000+ rpm's from these engine's like is capable.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:07 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Roger that. I'm guessing in what I said previously since I do not know the molecular compounds at work here. Maybe with several more years of technology, they may make a compound so effective at bonding with nitro engine piston and sleeves that the engine makers will coat their surfaces as standard production at the factory. Who knows. Maybe even nano technology could come into play within the nezt decade such that pistons and sleeves will have their wearing reduced to 10% of what it is now while keeping a perfect compression seal. Now that would be something.

GYNAIKAS, I'm a little confused about what you mean by N+ and N-. Can you elaborate more? I curios at what you are getting at.