Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

The Chinese Knockoffs: Post info, opinions, reviews of "copy-cat" cars.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The Chinese Knockoffs: Post info, opinions, reviews of "copy-cat" cars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 03:16 PM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Chinese Knockoffs: Post info, opinions, reviews of "copy-cat" cars.

The savage is not made for racing. It's made more for off-roading and would be much better than a avalanche for such.
If you want to compare trucks, compare an avalanche to a Tamiya TNX, I doubt that the avalanche would look as good.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:24 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: The Chinese Knockoffs: Post info, opinions, reviews of "copy-cat" cars.

ORIGINAL: crowdie

Its a usefull thread for begginers to know what there getting into and what not to buy. Whats wrong with that?
People keep posting about cars that aren't knockoffs. This thread is getting to the point where it's not about knockoffs anymore, it's about explaining to people that their favorite Chinese company isn't stealing anyone's design.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:19 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a corrally pan car knockoff, it was rtr for $100 and the origanal was $400 kit. they had all the parts for it too, but i forgot who i bought it from on ebay

it was a good car, the esc lasted a while, and the servo never broke, it was made out of fiberglass and aluminum instead of figerglass, graphite and aluminum, the wheels where junk, but $30 fixed that.

so yeah, thumbs up for rip off's. but i have gotten other knock offs that suck, like the micro mosquito hellie and a 1/8 scale POS that had plastic tires.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:40 PM
pede_187

I'd just like to say I use to be a redcat fan for a few months. No it wasn't my first rc. It was my 3rd. I had Cen and Traxxas before this and I thought it was decent. Then I came upon Himoto when the himoto forum was started. I realized that himoto was actually making their own cars and getting away from the older HSP brand of cars. I then over time from going to my lhs and matching parts up with HPI parts relized that its a copy of hpi's stuff. I don't think this is true with the 1/8 stuff but for the older 1/10 it is. It just goes together. Look at the facts. People in the redcat forum say get a 1/8 if you can and not a 1/10 because the 1/8 aren't hpi's stuff that was compied. No I don't hate redcat I"m just telling the truth that the older style 1/10s are copies and I can see why Himoto is going the other direction.

I'm not sure by I think they are copies of the HPI RS4.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

Who brought back this dumb thread yet again? Just let it die.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: crowdie

Its a usefull thread for begginers to know what there getting into and what not to buy. Whats wrong with that?
Nothing, and that is a good point. As long as the discussion stays where it should, there are many pages of information here that can be of use to whomever seeks.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:08 AM
shoota0075

i agree, theres nothing wrong with talking about this, it's a great topic , plus new folks will learn a lot from this conversation and also get some kind of direction on which way to spend their hard earned $.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

is internet RC a good trademark?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, i also have a mad truck you can get parts for them from http://www.auctioncityaustralia.com....are-parts.html
I hope this helps!