Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Air Age / RCCA homeless??????

Old 11-25-2006, 04:55 PM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Age / RCCA homeless??????

It looks like Air Age is having some problems. 2 1/2 months rent past due and the landlord has filed to have them vacate. Among others, they publish RCCA, DieCastX, Backyard Flyer, RC Boat Modeler and Model Airplane News. All y'all with paid subscriptions should do some checking...........

RCZ is deleteing any post that even mentions it.

http://www.acorn-online.com/news/pub...le_10838.shtml
Old 11-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Doahh

Default RE: Air Age / RCCA homeless??????

Interesting...
Old 11-25-2006, 08:28 PM
rc_flyer428

thats not too good, i hope someone has some more info about this.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:23 PM
nayslayer

thats some great info, thanks for the heads up
Old 12-01-2006, 12:08 AM
DaveG55

Got an interesting pm tonight and since it's being implyed that I just posted this to cause trouble and have fun I thought I'd share.
Here's the first pm. It's written by a Mr. Matt Higgens.

"First, you're of course free to post whatever you like, but please realize there are two-sides to every story. Air Age, where I work, is not homeless or even close to it. They are locked in a contract battle that makes for too long and too boring of a story to tell. Basically a portion of the rent is being held to force the town to come to the table and work out the contract, and to push them to fullfill parts of the original contract. My question for you is how did you find this story?"

I wrote quite a long winded answer that basacilly said;
I first saw the link on RCZ, saw the thread deleted, ask my own question and had that deleted also. Wondered that since it appeared that there was smoke, might there also not be fire and made a post somewhere it would not be deleted so that others could be informed and post any info that they may have. My reply was friendly and respectful and I expressed that I hoped that they could work out their issues. I also added my opinion that I thought they should put up a sticky explaining their side of the story.

Here is Mr. Higgen's reply;

Your response answers my question. Thanks.

I only saw one thread related to this topic on our forum. I posted on it and let it sit. I eventually deleted the thread. It had nothing to do with RC and contained more slander than fact, and it was getting worse with each post.

We aren't hiding from this, but the forum simply isn't the place for this. Whether we stay or move, RC Car Action will still be published. In all reality and in my opinion, it's really a non-issue. People are playing hardball and it will all work out.

The original thread I saw and posted on was started by someone in Texas. I don't doubt they were sent the link and asked to post it--just to cause trouble. In my opinion, someone is playing dirty pool. Someone has even contacted companies with this story in an effort to get them to stop doing business with us. That's pretty sleazy, in my opinion.

The rent issue has been an on-going problem, and that newspaper story doesn't even come close to telling the whole story.

I PM'ed because I just wanted to know who was spreading this story and why. I believe people love to cause trouble--sometimes just for fun and sometimes to hurt someone else's business. I believe you just wanted to have some fun with the hype.

Again, no one is hiding from anything, but an RC forum isn't the proper place to address this issue. And again, that newspaper story did a poor job of telling the whole story.

Thanks,
Matt Higgins

My Reply;

Mr. Higgens

Nothing to do with RC??? One of the major RC magizines recieving a notice to vacate has nothing to do with RC? My opinion on that differs from yours. I believe it has a lot to do with RC and could possably affect thousands of RC enthusiasts.

I assure you that my intent was only to let my fellow enthuisests know of a possable problem with one of the major RC magazine publishers. I have not contacted anyone about your company nor do I intend to.
I also find your assertion that I only posted this for "fun" and to "cause trouble" insulting. I have neither lied nor spread rumors nor encoraged anyone to stop doing buisness with your company. I simply posted a link to an article that was published in a public newspaper so that people with similar intrests would be aware of an article that I found topical.

I will say again, I hope all works out well for your employer.

I am now finished with this.

Good day to you, sir.

I must say (as I did) I find his reply insulting and cannot help but believe that if he had just let the issue rest this thread would have languished deeper and deeper into RCU and not have been brought up again.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:10 AM
125cchyperman

I dont see how your tried to start trouble here. I looked at this thread before when it was first posted and found it to be interesting but never really gave it a second thought though. Now I realise that there is always two sides to each story, and what waqs posted in the link was the towns side of the story, but I cant see how you (DaveG55) tried to start any trouble at all. As for him finding this story, why should that matter, it's on the web and he found it.

And if it on the web then it's free for just about any bodu to see and to read, As for the "It not being a rc related story" I cannot see how it could not be a RC related story as it is a RC magazine. That enough is cause for it to be a RC related story. An article about what is happening is not slandering a company, lieing about, or spreading rumors about what is happening.

I just cant see how MR. Higgins says all of this about this link that you provided.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:24 AM
MattHiggins

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want everyone to be clear: I do not think Dave was trying to do harm. My comments in regards to doing harm to our business were not directed at him.

I do have to say that I think posting a PM in open forum is a little weak, but that's just my opinion. Maybe and hopefully Dave will post my response; I think that would only be fair.

The bottom line is that we're in a lease fight with the town, and that will never have an impact on any of our magazines. Ten years ago, we moved and it took a single day. But, we're not moving now. I would be less surprised to see Santa on my roof than if we moved.

My goal with contacting Dave was only to see who was making sure this story got out. The first time I saw it posted it was by someone in Texas. The paper that ran the story is tiny, and the words "RC Car Action" never appear in the article, so someone just didn't Google our name and find this by accident. Someone spread this for a reason. They openly spread it to advertisers and asked people to post it on forums. That's dirty pool in my book. By the way, when the town's lawyer was asked about the article he said, "it wasn't exactly what he said."

As I told Dave, this will not impact anything. We're in a lease fight. Businesses go through this all the time. Whether we move or stay, nothing will change.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:38 AM
-Inverted-

Maybe RCD wanted to get revenge! [sm=bananahead.gif]