Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 01:02 AM
BoMeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice needed

ok ive been searchin for little upgrades for my Kyosho pureten ..and erm yeah its been a **** search but i finally found stuff for it! but need your advice on parts to which are worth having!

ok its an on-road car!
i street race not compete with it!

list of stuff im thinking of getting:
1. 2 speed transmission

2. oil filled shocks!

3. full set of ball bearings

4. Hardened 4mm Gold Anodized chassis.(lighter i think)

5. fuel filter

and i hope i can get metal chasis parts from somewhere!

i wanna go faster but not cause damage at the same time .. soo any idea will be great! and advice

cant find any more stuff for it but if u can please do!
Old 01-27-2003, 02:01 AM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Default advice needed

1.) The 2-speed is a must!
2.) Doesn't your car already come with oil-filled shocks? Most do, and with the quality of the pureten cars, I think they come stock. But, if they do not, it would not be a bad investment.
3.) The full set of ball bearings would be good because the less friction, the more speed.
4.) This would be ok in my views, but I really do not think is a must.
5.) The fuel filter is good to have becuse it is another type of cheap insurance.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:03 AM
nopistonRX7

Default advice needed

I think a 2 speed is the biggest bang-for-the-buck. Mine was like $50 or so and after I put it on I was spanking my friend's cars....Bad. Also if you don't have oil filled shocks I would most surtainly get them. Ball bearings are great too...they make your car roll smoother and theres alot less friction hence more speed! Good luck!