Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I BOUGHT AN HPI SAVAGE 21 AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF FOR $50

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I BOUGHT AN HPI SAVAGE 21 AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF FOR $50

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:47 PM
xxMESTxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I BOUGHT AN HPI SAVAGE 21 AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF FOR $50

As i was approaching my local hobbie shop this guy walked up to me and asked me if i would be intrested in this truck he had, he said he'll sell it to me for $50 when i saw it was a savage i dropped my jaw and he said i'll even show u it works, IT HANDLED LIKE A DREAM STARTS UP SOOOOO NICE AND RAN GREAT!!!!!!! I whipped out my wallet extremley fast and practically thre $50 dollars at this man, now he gave me, the complete truck with 2 shells two complete sets of tires and rim an igniter, the starter a bunch of aluminum hop-ups 2 spur gears the charger for the starter a nitro bottle a gallon of nitro, complete set of the screw drivers and sockets i would need for it and sent me away, so i got home and the truck wasnt picking up a signal, i figured out the batter on the truck was dead, so i took it out and it was a rechargeble one, and i had no charger so i drove back to the shop bought a prohpet charger so i could charge all my stuff at once for around $20-$30 and charged the batter, i started it up and drove it for about 5 minutes and my wheel just collapsed, my shock tower broke, so i went and picked up about 4 sets of 8 shock towers with the shocks included and the hydraulic oil for them, so i put on all brand new towers, thats only cost me $23 dollars for those, i got home started driving it and some of the pins broke, picked up a bag of pins for $3 dollars, so all in all i spent $100 dollars for all of that, and now nothing has broken and ive been so happy about $100 dollars i payed for all that stuff i listed above after the problems i fixed, tell me this wasnt a great deal or wat?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:15 PM
ry5no2

Default RE: I BOUGHT AN HPI SAVAGE 21 AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF FOR $50

hmmm savage 21 is dicontinued im sure, but it sounds really good other than than

www.hpiracing.com
Old 12-19-2006, 01:32 PM
xxMESTxx

eh, dicontinued or not, if i can get it for $50 and it runs great and i can get parts from the LHS im perfectly content
Old 12-19-2006, 02:13 PM
rc monkey

Well done What a steal
Old 12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: rc monkey

Well done What a steal
Exactly!!

you just bought someones car ...... but it wasn't his, and i'm sure he didn't buy it to get it
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 PM
ry5no2

great deal, and yeah selling it that cheap is suspiscious, but what a bargain
Old 12-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Evader 53

Exactly what I was thinking.

That guy probably had absolutely no idea how much that truck was worth, just stole it and figured "its a rc car, it cant be worth much..." So he just sat outside the shop to make a deal.

I guarentee you it was not his truck, but rather a stolen truck.

I'd be careful with where you take it... By the sounds of it the previous owner had it running great and used it frequently.
You get caught with it by the real owner and its your responsibility.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:36 PM
-Inverted-

I wouldnt be so sure its stolen, he said he had to pay another $100 to get it working right. Also, since its the old its not worth that much anyways.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

It is obviously hot and had no idea what he could get for it and needed to get rid of it fast . So $50 was great for him and you as long as you don`t run into the real owner. Savage .21 was a good truck and not many around . Still uses all the parts the other savages use except the X .
Old 12-19-2006, 09:38 PM
DaveG55

Well it certainly was a good bargin for you.

I'm kinda up in the air about weather or not it was stolen. On the one hand, it's almost one of those deals that's too good to be true. Good truck, lots of accessories and rediculasly low price. But, how often do you see something stolen with extra bodies, wheels, tires, starter, charger, and even fuel??? How many times do you hear that a truck or buggy gets grsbbed snd they don't even steal the controler?
So after thinking about it, I think that the guy was legit. There's just some story that we don't know. Maybe he was punishing his kid. Maybe he needed $50 really bad for a Christmas gift - or a fix. Or, well, who knows but I don't think it was stolen.

In any case, enjoy your new truck.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Well , you obviously never had your rc stuff stolen before . If it is stolen it is very possible all that stuff was in a rc box or caddy .
Old 12-20-2006, 01:33 PM
DaveG55

No. you're right, I have not. But I have been reading several fourms for upwards of 3 years and seen numerious reports of stolen stuff. Nearly every time it's a vehicle stolen and not the accessories too. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I don't think it did this time. Given the info we have, I could be wrong ..... but so could you. I prefer to give the guy the benifit of a doubt during the Christmas season. If you don't, that's ok too.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:48 PM
ry5no2

OMG, did the guy know what he was on about, (it SEEMS like you havent been in this hobby/sport for long thats all) because noobs can get easily led, and did he try to sell it to you quick, did you barter very easily. these are signs of stolen stuff

I hope that it isnt stolen and if it is then you dont get caught or stressed at (if it is stolen then the guy who it has been stolen from, im sure would pay 50 dollars for all that kit back)

oh yeah did he give you any contact details or alike

Ryan
Old 12-20-2006, 05:03 PM
xxMESTxx

haha no contact details he actually dissapeared after i bought it from him, he was trying to sell it to the shop first but they wouldnt take it, cuz they dont buy used cars, and now that i think about it, it may have been stolen but i doubt it, i mean this guy said he really needed the money around the holidays, and i didnt put another $100 dollars in it i put about $70 so the whole thing was about $120 but i highly doubt it was stolen cuz he told me how it ran, and told me that he had problem with the pins and i might have to pick some up, so i highly doubt it was stolen and he knew that much about it, but who knows mabye he took it off some1 he knew, thiers so many ways i could go back and forth but the same conclusion im gonna come up with its, HELLZ YEA I GOTS ME A SAVAGE!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:15 PM
ry5no2

lol, yeah if he said that then i wouldnt think that he was dodgy, he stopped to tell you the problems, if he was dodgy he would have said it was working A OK

Ryan

good bargain there you lucky twa*
Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
xxMESTxx

lol i'll say, i just bought new clutch shoes so it will pick up better, and any who can help me with a tornado bb rtr??
Old 12-20-2006, 08:02 PM
smaxx3.3

he might have stole everything from the back of someones pick up truck or something like that. he told you what was wrong with it, the people at your LHS might have told him what was wrong with it and how to drive it. but stil its yours now just change a couple of parts on it and if anyone asks it yours. but i wouldn't want my truck stolen.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:16 PM
xxMESTxx

no i wouldnt want mien stolen either but if some1 is so careless about it that some1 CAN steal it then they didnt really deserve it, i mean if i have mine with me and i go somewhere, its in my truck UNDER the seat covered with clothes out of site and everythign on my truck is locked i never just leave it outside, or in my garage when the door is open, its always in a container in the back of my closet
Old 12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Hacker Da-Cracker
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

lucky, even if it dicontuned its still a great truck.