Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro RS4 2 How to set gear mesh ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 12:28 AM
CruzNlife1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro RS4 2 How to set gear mesh ?

the solid mounts are on the motor, and the mounts are skrewed into the chassis, and there's no room for adjustment.... But I can't set gear mesh, it's a little off but not much... Any ideas ??
Old 01-29-2003, 12:45 AM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Default Mesh

Loosen the engine mount screws on the bottom of the chassis just slightly.
Cut a thin strip of notebook paper or printer paper and feed it between the pinion and the spur gear.
Compress the 2 together with the paper between them by moving the engine.
Hold the fit and tighten the screws down watching the mesh as they sometimes want to move a little when you tighten them down.
Once you have the engine screwd down then remove the paper and spin the gears. They should spin fairly freely with very little resisitance.
With a little practice you wont need the paper as a spacer, just eyeball it.

Now take ONE engine screw out and apply BLUE loctite and put it back in. Then do another screw and so on and so forth until they all have loctite.

Dbow
Old 01-29-2003, 05:51 AM
nopistonRX7

Default Nitro RS4 2 How to set gear mesh ?

I used the paper trick for a while till I learned to eyeball it. Peace of cake! Loctite's a great idea. I've lost tons of bolts before I realized they wouldn't stay in on their own.