Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Duratrax Overdrive St Durability?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 04:17 PM
rivhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax Overdrive St Durability?

I am thinking about buying a diratrax Overdrive ST and would like to know 3 things. How hard you drive yours how many tanks/galons you have ran through it and what has broke. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:47 AM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

I had a Duratrax Overdrive for about a month. I bought it and the first weekend that I had it the spur gear came loose. Now, I fly planes on a regular basis, but I don't know jack about r/c trucks (that's why I got the RTR). Since I didn't know what actually had happened, I sent it back to Hobby Services. That was 20 bucks for shipping (on top of the 50 I spent to get it overnighted to me). I got it back about 2 weeks later and that very weekend I took it out to a construction site that had a lot of dirt and hills I could play in and before I made it through a whole tank of gas, the front differential snapped loose in a mild rollover. Personally, I don't consider this to be adequate for something that I spent about 380 bucks on (not including shipping). So, I sent it back to Tower and got my money back. For now, I'm sticking to planes. At least it makes since for them to break when they crash.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:26 AM
haines

me and my cus buyed two to gether and i haed problems with minge and sent it back and got my munney back but my cusin still has his and he whonts to sell it cus he dont ever use it if you wold like to buy a used one e mail me at [email protected] or [email protected]
other ys i wold recamend not geting it
Old 02-06-2003, 04:04 AM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Now, that was a spell checkers nightmare.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:24 AM
grampi

For that kind of money you can get the tried and true RC 10GT Plus. In terms of toughness, handling, and race readiness, there's no comparison between the two.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:06 AM
eddiedeverell

RC10GT, or Team Losi XXX-NT, both great, dont get the overdrive. Also another good choice is the duratrax evader, friend has one, I didnt think it would run that good, but boy its pretty sweet, check out towerhobbies.com
Old 02-06-2003, 06:57 AM
rivhunter

Thanks for the replies guys Brother inlaw bought an overdrive the day I posted this. I'm not impressed the spur gear stripped out just after break in, the servo saver broke (hit a curb giong way slow) and the shock tower broke off of the front dif housing in a mild roll over. He's waiting on parts instead of playing. I think I'll Stick to My Ofna GT LX it is always ready to run and solid as a rock.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:09 AM

If you are still thinking about buying a truck i would say stay away from duratrax. Their cars break ALL the time. If you want a 4WD stadium truck like the overdrive, i would say go with the HPI Nitro MT. It looks a lot tougher and ive heard lots of good things about it. If u want a 2WD dont go with anything besides the RC10GT or XXX-NT, they are the best out there.
Old 02-07-2003, 04:53 AM
cool head

dura trax is the joke of the rc car industry. there cars are all heavy, weak. underpowerd, look and handle like crap. a dude showed up at the local track with a nitro demond, he was so embaraced, the truck couldn't do anything without rolling over, and the drive train sounded like a metal box full of chains.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:13 AM
chewie2000

If anyone has one of these Overdrives, in any condition, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks, I love my Overdrive. I use t more than my maxx. Its hard to fid parts, So if you o longer want yours or have part kicking around PLEASE send me a line.
Thanks