Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

best jumping rc

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 01:19 AM
nitro _ burner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best jumping rc

ok i think ill end up going with the hyper st because its cheaper (revo 3.3 1000$ Hyper st 700$) and it has a stronger shassis and it is a more race bred car being a truggy.
does any one know about hop ups for the hyper st if so could you tell me?.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:45 AM
naynay12

Yeh i am now more expreienced then u last saw me and the lst2 is definetly the best stock jumper.Have a look at some videos on it from u tube!Now the revo 3.3 is 620 austarlian dollars from ultimate hobbies,or tower hobbies i come from victoria too,and my lhs sells the revo for 950!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:50 AM
naynay12

The revo at my store cost 950 au but on tower hobbies its 630 au!!!Get the revo trust me youll have more fun!!More upgrade more durable better handling and everything!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:09 PM
nitro _ burner

yeh but im not to shure about buying things over the net
Old 02-17-2007, 04:55 AM
hoousi

I didn't trust the net either the first time, that brought me a loss of money and a car I don't like. Now I order everything over the net, even spares, saves me tons of money and in my case is even quicker than the LHS which don't stock anything.
Just stick to the big retailers you stumble over in this forum (compare prices, there are huge differences there) and you'll be fine.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:57 PM
nitro _ burner

ok thanks i might give it a try when i need anything but i think that i will buy the car from the LHS
Old 02-22-2007, 05:50 AM
nitro _ burner

ok ive had a good look at the hyper st and the revo 3.3 and the revo is like when you start it gear then gear then gear than go. on the st its like gear and go. plus the chassis looks much more durable and solid. does anyone know why the st is cheaper than the revo (revo 3.3 1000$. hyper st700$. AU) i know the electric starter makes a difference and the more complex design but otherwise........?

Does any one know where i can see a vid of a Hyper st in action?, i know its just been realeased but still.....
Old 02-22-2007, 08:09 AM
hoousi

I know that Traxxas is ridiculously expensive outside the USA. I mean all RC are 30-60% cheaper in the US unless Cen and Hobao/Hongnor/Ofna, those are at least similar. So your Hyper Truggy ST is too expensive where you saw it but when it will come out in the US the price difference won't be that huge compared to the Revo. There is no quality issue there, just unfair pricing. In Switzerland nearly all manufacturers just stick a higher price on everything knowing people will pay it (not having a choice in the shops). I only saw the Hyper ST truggy on UK websites til now, but it sure looks nice.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:40 AM
nitro _ burner

ok, here is a page on the hyper st tell me what you think and if you think its worth it. trust me when i say its alot better when you see it for your self than over the net.
http://www.ofna.com/hyper-st.html
Old 02-24-2007, 03:48 AM
nitro _ burner

ok ive found a car called the team losi muggy and its 1000 au over the net and it looks realy good can someone tell me the diference between the hyper st and the muggy (in detail) and your preference and why?

muggy: http://www.modelflight.com.au/team_l...gy_4wd_rtr.htm

hyper st: http://ofna.com/hyper-st.html
Old 02-24-2007, 03:56 AM
scottywilkes

the muggy will be a better truggy. But it has clutch issues, they burn the clutch shoes are really quick, And the only way to fix this is to get a different clutch setup. I think the only ones that work reasonably are quite $$$$
Old 02-24-2007, 05:57 AM
morkendi

A clutch fix aint as costly as some think. I am runnung the dynomite maxlife and it is fine. Get the dynomite or HPI purplre aluminum shoes and some smaller tires, you can jump all day.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:29 AM
nitro _ burner

yeh but still why is the muggy better. unless the muggy has a great adantage over the hyper st i wont bother with it. also my local LST stock the hyper st so if i buy it over the net cheap, i can buy any spares/hopups etc from them.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:40 AM
nitro _ burner

the hyper st is quiet cheap at only 750 au. so can i expect any problems broken parts etc.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:20 PM
genesis menace

I own a schumacher havoc and have beat the hell out of it.i crashed into a wall at 30 mph and only broke the front plastic bumper.it jumps great and flys therew the air with eas
Old 03-07-2007, 12:44 PM
skyline fanatic

The revo is lighter and has more shock travel. And I put a vantage chassis,tsais pipe, integy shocks, escalade body, and integy filter. I have a supermaxx and a really fast rc18t. But the revo is my favorite. I used to have the old lst.

Revo Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:36 AM
nitro _ burner

ive got nothing against the revo and it would definitly be my first coice only its more complex than the truggy and it costs more
Old 03-13-2007, 03:47 PM
traxxaskiller

Nitro burner I personally would go with a 1/8 truggy or buggy .... here is a video of me and my buddies with my savage x , my buddies are driving a revo 2.5, nitro rustler, and a brushless rustler. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...bigair78&hl=en .... After this video I sold my savage X and bought a hot bodies 1/8 pro buggy and put a LRP z.28r spec 3 in it.... With the buggy I was able to get about 10ft higher and 20ft longer jumps than that brushless rustler in the video plus I could jump a house with ease :P ..... The savage x was very very tough but I managed to bust the chassis, a-arms, and a bunch more stuff hehe....... The hot bodies buggy has NO parts support , BUT I never broke a part :P.... I GUESS what I'm really trying to say is that all the 1/8 buggies are similar in design and I'm sure durability as well.... I've also heard the truggies are more durable than the buggies...... As for the revo, I have a brand new brushless revo coming in the mail as we speak so I'll let you know about it soon enough Oh yea almost forgot.... The KMI w/brushless and lipos is very fun to if you enjoy jumping light poles and stuff hehe<---- not very durable though Hope some of this helps!!!