Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Post your RS4 RTR3 Pics and fastest speeds

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Post your RS4 RTR3 Pics and fastest speeds

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:15 AM
jonsmilez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Post your RS4 RTR3 Pics and fastest speeds

i dont liek american cars.... but that car is SWEET

-"small cars, BIG DICKS!"
Old 02-09-2007, 01:26 AM
jonsmilez

hey anybody from toronto with an rs4.. im probably going 2 order drift tires mounted from hpi.. there chrome 6 spoke mounted on HPI drift tires.. 26mm... im gunna order some 4myself, if anybody wants ill pick them up a pair or two... cuz i mean in hobby stores tehre @ least 30 plus tax.. im picking em up 4 20 USD, so may save you a buck or two... if i do order, im geting from www.towerhobbies.com , so as well anthing else u guys need and dont wanna spend 2 much on a small thing cuz shipping and crossing the border tax let me know... ill see what we can do... just 2 help out... l8r
Old 02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
HeLLsGoD

Hi everybody,

Ive clocked my rs4 @ 78km/h (not sure what that is on mph) with a radar gun using stock engine/gearing with JACO foam tyres on 20%nitro. A fair amount of custom mods and drivetrain hop-ups have been installed. Ive tried to keep as much stock parts as possible.

Sorry for the pics, theyre bad phone quality and abit outdated.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
iexion

Hey whats kind of rims or those? They look killer on that m3 body.

use this to convert speeds

>>> http://www.eforecourt.com/mph_kph_speed_convert.htm

78km = 48.47 mph. Not bad bro
Old 02-10-2007, 12:42 AM
HeLLsGoD

Thanks, Its the wheels and offset that gives it the fat/wide look

They are drift rims > Kawada VX's with 4mm offsets. I got this set cheap from Japan for about US$13

Old 02-10-2007, 10:15 PM
The Hybrid

How about RS4 Racing Team? or RS4 Racing Club? or RS4 Elite? IDK keep em coming guys...
Old 02-10-2007, 10:44 PM
jonsmilez

wow guys, check this.. iexion showed this 2 me... but ill post it i guess.. THE NEW RS4-- 50mph... ours is 40mph outta the box... i wonder if its going 4 the same price?!

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...=10055&lang=en

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12307.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	618204  
Old 02-11-2007, 02:20 AM
SFC K

Wow, that is pretty nice. I wonder how fast mine is with the .18ss with two speed?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:49 AM
iexion

Hey dudes. The 18ss should go 50mph/80k stock. so i cant say how much faster the new engine ( for the euro market) will go but the T3.0 engine has a higher output so even tho both engines ( 18ss & T3 ) say 50 out of the box/stock, the T3 Should be able to go WAY faster. But when it comes down to gearing. both engine should be hitting 60+ mph/ 96.56+ kph.

Hey i like the sound of rs4 elite
Old 02-11-2007, 04:12 AM
HeLLsGoD

Im very interested in the new hpi engine so i can hit at least 60mph with tall gearing on 25%nitro.

My friends serpent710 w/ a mega zx12 was clocked at 63+mph and i would like to get even with him one day without spending too much money since im not a racer, just a daily street basher.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:32 AM
SFC K

Aside from new motor and gearing, what would be the next item to upgrade? I have a RS4 RTR 3 and want to upgrade badly. I’m not too big in to the all aluminum thing, ideas?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:40 AM
HeLLsGoD

Performance wise or Look wise?

Performance wise airfilter, fuel filter, racing clutch and titanium shafts would be a good start

For looking good i suggest a new shell, rims or maybe nice colored fuel lines and titanium screws

so many things you can upgrade or add-on.. too many to list actually
Old 02-11-2007, 04:46 AM
SFC K

Look wise I have that figured out. See picture in this post… I guess I’m looking to upgrade performance. New pipe, replace the stock ball ends and links…??
Old 02-11-2007, 04:59 AM
SFC K

By the way, I must say your Beemer is awesome looking!
Old 02-11-2007, 05:31 AM
HeLLsGoD

thanks dude, nothing special with the beamer shell. Today, i just cut out part of the side windows and make it look like its winded down for more cooling

umm i cant really see the pic, you might wanna repost. A tuned pipe is a good investment, youll notice alot more power. Stock ball ends are fine in my opinion. Although he stock turnbuckles are fixed and you cant really set the camber that accurately. You can get the HPI turnbuckle set #72222 or the purple ones #72223. You should be able to grab them for around US$10 at the right places
Old 02-11-2007, 05:37 AM
SFC K

Try this....Thanks for the part number....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90645.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	618452  
Old 02-11-2007, 06:02 AM
HeLLsGoD

oh cool very purpley lotus elise, suits the HPI color theme. It looks better when the color matches everything in the car.

Sooner or later youll find that parts will break in your car. One of my thumb rule is to replace it with a heavy duty/performance part. First thing i broke was the rear dogbone shaft. I bought a complete titanium heavy duty shaft kit for about $30US, looks bling and very strong. Something like this:

Old 02-11-2007, 06:09 AM
SFC K

Those look really nice and durable. So far the only thing I have broke was the stock Star .15 nitro motor. It did not cut the mustard at all. So I upgraded too the .18SS. Thanks for your help. I think I got some ideas on what to upgrade….
Old 02-11-2007, 08:12 AM
iexion

FRONT/REAR SHOCK TOWERS!! THOSE STOCK ONES GOT TO GO!!> that was the first thing i broke on mine. I have alum front and read but i wanted CF. i was trying to get only black alum parts but by the time i had the money, they wernt on ebay anymore >=|

front and read shock towers along with a Carbon or Alum upper chassis tray. Those are all cheap. around $15 give or take.
Im not going to bother with alum C-hubs or A-arms simply because... much like real race cars, you want some parts to brake on your car. # 1 the more alum you have = when something breaks its goin to be something major #2 alum wont really break more then just bend. so if it bend its junk unless you can bend it back to spec. And i would rather replace a few plastic parts for 3-5 bucks more then 15 for alum. I also need to change my fuel tank to a racing tank. I really hate they way the fuel line is so close to the clutch bell. I HAVE had the line get stuck and rip or break while running even tho it started out of the way. so the racing tank moves the fuel port away from that area.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:23 AM
iexion

Hey I forgot to mention this. back when i has my 12Rss engine, I was having problems keeping the engine in tune, I switched the carbs from my smartech engine that was sitting around. After I re-tuned the carb, the engine was more stable and was around 40% more snappy. I could really tell there was an increase of power. Dont quote this but, If i would of had a good after market tuned pipe and a better gearing ratio, that little screaming bullet might of taken on a 18ss (stock)
So if you can get your hands on a bigger carb that would fit the engine's crank case, you can get a good boost of power off your engine. more in the accel area tho

And just to note the carb i put on it was a .15
Old 02-11-2007, 08:50 AM
HeLLsGoD

yes that is correct iexion. Plastic parts actually absorb kinetic energy and it wont bend meaning it will always retain its shape but it will snap if too much force is put on it, unlike aluminium it will bend and you forever loose alignment and balance. Also plastic parts are lighter and cheaper. Although carbon fibre is the best out of all of them, its very strong, light and durable but a little pricey

The only alloy part i have is the GPM suspension arms set. I had a think about it before i bought it. I dont really get into accidents and ive only flipped my car once from a local track barrier and never bent my chassis. Im confident that it wont be a problem to me

iexion, Every new rs4 owner faces this fuel line problem, a simple remedy is to bluetac it to the spur gear cover. Also you can get longer fuel lines and reroute it around or get the primerless racing tank. Primerless racing tank is the best option in my opinion since it will never leak but theres no primer but thank god you can get a fuel filter w/ a built in primer these days.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:52 AM
SFC K

Thanks, I will check out the shock towers. I will need more tuning options. I will probably replace the shocks too. I’ve had to replace the seals twice and I really don’t care for the plastic bodies/aluminum cap jobbers…
Thanks’ for the ideas….
Old 02-11-2007, 04:04 PM
iexion

OH S*&$ THEY HAVE THOES!!YAY!!!
Yes u also mentioned another things thats drives me frikin crazy. that stupid primer in the fuel tank. Have had SSOOO many issues with that stupid thing, and that is the #1 reason why i got a fuel filter, I would start to see crap getting in the tank from the primer.

After a while I " zip tied " my fuel line Up then down the handel to the engine so it would stay out of the way. And I tried longer fuel line but it seem'd like the longer the line, the harder it was for the gas to get to the engine. And i didn't want to get thinner or weaker fuel line. But I'm going to get a racing tank sooner or later.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:17 PM
HeLLsGoD

yeah the primer started to cause problems after a few litres of fuel, the O-ring that pumps the fuel deteriorated and ended up breaking up. Luckily I had a fuel filter, I could see large bits off the o-ring caught on the mesh. The primerless racing tank is great man PLUS it has a built in stone filter already. Just get the OFNA fuel filter w/ primer with it so u dont have problems priming the engine plus you get a double filter.

oh and having longer fuel lines or fuel filters doesnt really slow down the fuel flow or anything. Racers actually like having long fuel lines for specific reasons. The engine itself sucks fuel in, while the exhaust pressure line is there to help push fuel in.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:08 PM
iexion

Great info bro. Yeah the o-ring on mine started letting dirft and micro rocks get into the gas, so i got a fuel filter. I couldn't even imagine not having a filter if i had a mt-2. sssooo much dirt and crap would of killed the engines compression faster then anything.......
If no one understand why i say mt-2 its because the mt-2 and rs4 3 are the same thing just ones made more for off road and one for street

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.