Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Firestorm SS kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:37 AM
kd7oir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestorm SS kit?

Does anybody know if there going to make a Firestorm SS kit? Besides 2wd and 4wd what's the difference between the Firestorm and the Nitro MT 2 as far as performance and specks? Is the Firestorm the replacement for the Rush and haw does the Firestorm compare to the Rush?
I'm thinking of the Firestorm as a second truck and entry to nitro for my grandson, is this a good choice? He wants a monster truck like mine but I think it's to much for him because he's only 8 and just started out with a electric truck. If they are going to make the Firestorm is a SS kit, I'll wait. If not I'll buy a MT 2 ss kit and put it away till he's ready.
Thanks
Shawn
Old 02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
billdo76

Default RE: Firestorm SS kit?

Nobody here really knows, and even if you call HPI directly, they will tell you that it all depends on how the Firestorm sells. If it sells well then they will consider making an SS kit. However after talking with them, they stated that there would not be any significant engine upgrade as the stock Firestorm comes with a .18 already. The stock Firestorm is alot faster than the stock MT2 RTR. The stock MT2 rtr only comes with a .15 motor and the stock Firestorm comes with a .18. I personally own both. The MT2 does better in the corners, granted that it has 4 wheel drive. But the Firestorm is much faster. Once you get it tuned properly it is hard to keep the front tires on the ground.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
kd7oir

Howsa the durability compared to the MT?
Old 02-26-2007, 02:05 PM
billdo76

it is more durable than the MT2, and a lot less componets to break.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:39 PM
kd7oir

Thanks. That makes it final. I'll get him a Firestorm or a Firestorm SS kit if they come out by the time he is ready, unless HPI comes out with something better.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Haziza

Can u buy SS-Kit and apply it by ur self or do u need to buy a whole new car to get it?