Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Can someone help with my memory?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 06:59 PM
niterdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help with my memory?

Back in 1982, the last year that I raced 1/8th scale onroad cars a fellow racer came up to me asking if I wanted to see his latest R/C car. I loved the feel of this new model and was very intregued by a chain drive in a small nitro car, being an optimist I didn't keep any of the info on the model as I figured it would be in all of the hobby shops soon. OOps!
All that I can remember about the car/buggy was that it might have looked like a sprint car, looked to be about 1/10th scale, was powered by either an .09 or .010 nitro engine with a chain drive and I think a pull start. From all the research that is available on the net the only thing I have come up with is it may have been a converted electric buggy. In 1982 Associated had an electric 12th scale on road and a 1/8th scale nitro onroad car the RC10 didn't come out until 1984, so it wasn't a conversation. I was running a 1/8th PB International nitro onroad and an Associated RC12 or RC12-e there wasn't much if anything in 1/10th scale at that time (That I remember at least).

Does anyone remember that era and just what that Chain driven vehicle could have been?

I lived in Canada during that time if that means anything!

Alex
Old 03-18-2007, 10:48 PM
PENGUINBLASTER!!!

Default RE: Can someone help with my memory?

No idea, less than a .10 in a 1/8?!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Default RE: Can someone help with my memory?

Ooooohh, It was in Canada