Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

revo 3.3 jato 3.3 or savage x ??????

Old 04-22-2007, 05:59 AM
joelnazab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 3.3 jato 3.3 or savage x ??????

hi guys im thinking of getting a nitro rc car but i cant decide which one of these........ help please!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:16 AM
naynay12

Default RE: revo 3.3 jato 3.3 or savage x ??????

Ok well...i find a see that people that buy a jato like it,since it has speed and wheelies,but does not have very good handling.So if you just bashing EXPECIALLY jumping the savage x or even better the x ss is the way to go.The revo 3.3 is fun to drive,but without a few upgrades will break easy,but if your racing get the revo 3.3,great racer,and the savage cant race for $#[email protected] if i were you definately go with the x ,but even better the x ss,since it has a bigger engine,a kit,and alot of upgrades,that the savage x will definetaly need soond=er or later. Do a search theres plenty of savage Vs Revo threads.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:28 AM
joelnazab

well can the jato go off jumps and things like that the the trucks can do?..... im just looking for a fun car and well i saw that the jato has the speed and it looks nice bit i want to drive it in dirt, grass well basacly around any thing
Old 04-22-2007, 01:34 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes you can take a jato off jumps but keep in mind it is no where near as tough as a savage. But then again it'll straight up smoke a savage in a straight line. But your talking to different worlds a monster truck with is 4WD and a stadium truck which is 2WD.

If you do buy a Jato get rustler wheels and dirt hawg tires or else it'll suck in the grass!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:55 PM
joelnazab

would the jato beat the savage in a dirt track???? with the proper tires
Old 04-22-2007, 05:31 PM
joelnazab

another thing is .. if i get the savage x ss what else do i need to buy for it to be ready to run
Old 04-22-2007, 07:37 PM
sloppyG

jato is the only one of those that can still be fun on pavement if you don't have a good off road bash spot
Old 04-23-2007, 04:24 PM
ThreePointThree

yea even though the jato doesnt have the real off road capability it would probably still win on a track because of its overwhelming power, that is if you can hold it down and not drift into every wall that you come at (the 3.3 blows the tires off on gravel let alone dirt), and have the right tires for the track, i have one and love it as an onroad car but it doesnt really sound like the truck your looking for, id go with the t-maxx 3.3 for you because it is good on road or off with the talon tires and goes a good 45 mph
Old 04-23-2007, 05:45 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: ****bag

id go with the t-maxx 3.3 for you because it is good on road or off with the talon tires and goes a good 45 mph
x2
Old 04-23-2007, 06:00 PM
joelnazab

do u guys know how fast the savage x really goes????
Old 04-23-2007, 07:56 PM
KillerJato

Don't get the Savage junk or uh X. Get the Revo 3.3 by far a better truck, I've hit trees, post, brick walls, curbs, car tires, etc etc with no damage at all just a scratch or two. It's better to jump with, race with, bash with, do anything with, and as durable and reliable as they come. While i'm out running my Revo all day my buddy is running to the lhs 3 or 4 times to fix his Savage. I've have experience with both the trucks and the Revo 3.3 is hands down the winner.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:58 PM
KillerJato

Don't get the Savage junk or uh X. Get the Revo 3.3 by far a better truck, I've hit trees, post, brick walls, curbs, car tires, etc etc with no damage at all just a scratch or two. It's better to jump with, race with, bash with, do anything with, and as durable and reliable as they come. While i'm out running my Revo all day my buddy is running to the lhs 3 or 4 times to fix his Savage. I've have experience with both the trucks and the Revo 3.3 is hands down the winner.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 AM
naynay12

Hey joelnazab on this site(rc universe) search up revo vs savage ill bet you 99% of people say the savage is more durable then the revo,the savage x ss is almost as fast as the revo 3.3,but the revo handles better.The old savages expecially 21 i have heard and saw videos of people lighting it on fire since they think its not that good-which its not stock.If your jumping or going on dirt 70% of the time get a savage x ss.If your racing at all the revo-the savage will come last stock lol.If your racing be sure to upgrade some parts such as rpm arms on the revo.
Any way with the savage x ss you need a radio and reciever,a switch,servo's,(steering servo around 200oz,minimun a hitec 645mg)a throttle servo,paint for the body,and thats about it.Apart from the spare glowplugs,7.2v battery etc.If your not that much of a builder get a new or almost new savage x ss off ebay preassembled.This is mine what i got off ebay.Yet to get my radio and reciever) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....1168&rd=1&rd=1
Here some videos(this is a savage x video i just randomly found on you tube)http://youtube.com/watch?v=VdVwdI-cj...elated&search= and... http://youtube.com/watch?v=r1ByPagx3...elated&search= See how durable the savage is,and a decent speed for a mt.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:34 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: KillerJato

I wish I had a dollar for every Revo I beat on the track with my Savage because of the Revo breaking an A arm! I do not race my Savage much any more as I run my buggy but I am at the track just about every weekend and race some series races and at every race there is at least one Revo break an A arm! If you get a Revo you need to spend more money and get RPM A arms to help make it more durable. PROVEN FACT just go to the Revo thread. Sounds like you buddy does not know how to work on his Savage or drive!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:46 PM
mOnO n.s.G^

ORIGINAL: 46u

I wish I had a dollar for every Revo I beat on the track with my Savage because of the Revo breaking an A arm! I do not race my Savage much any more as I run my buggy but I am at the track just about every weekend and race some series races and at every race there is at least one Revo break an A arm! If you get a Revo you need to spend more money and get RPM A arms to help make it more durable. PROVEN FACT just go to the Revo thread. Sounds like you buddy does not know how to work on his Savage or drive!
amen
Old 04-30-2007, 11:22 AM
flow41

Savage its just another HPI piece of junk first thing you need to do with the savage when you get it out of the box its.

Buy a descent engine ...... one thing you dont have to do with your revo 3.3

buy the upgrades for the transmission..... another thing you dont have to do to your revo 3.3

watch out not to crash your savage cuz hpi uses the worst plastic and allow that there is.

and dont forget about the engine mounts for the savage the top seller item by HPI they make millions out of those mounts [X(]
Old 04-30-2007, 11:26 AM
flow41

another thing about the savage that rotostart its a joke i got it on my hpi 18ss and its just junk i change it for a pullstart can hpi make anything better to start your cars LIKE TRAXXAS EZ START!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:32 AM
JUCD VPR

I have no idea what some of you are smoking in this thread, a savage junk. HAHA please man lets get serious, i've owned a Savage 25 and a Savage SS 4.6 and man i beat the crap out of them, both are awesome trucks. I can;t believe some of you THINK in your right mind a Revo can bash harder then a Savage lol, I do know a Revo will take a Savage on a track, i'll give that to you but bashing, no f'in way a revo is tougher, wake up folks.

Anyway enough of that rambling mess, Buy a GSt 7.7 or a LST2, after i drove the GSt i sold my Savage SS 4.6, i mean it was an awesome truck but man no where near as awesome as the GST 7.7, it'll run over other trucks, can bash like a savage, and keep up if not Beat a Revo 3.3 in a straigh away race. 5HP, 3 speed tranny with reverse, and durable as heck along with being HUGE!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:38 AM
flow41

i would say too buy a savage but buy a radio, 2 servos, the reverse module, 5 engine mounts, the 6volt hump battery pack, 7.2V battery pack for the rotostart, batteries for the controller that was sold to you separetely from your savage, the wall charger oh and dont forget to buy a glowplug igniter!!!!

but if you buy a revo, charge the batteries and buy the 7.2V battery pack and batteries for the controller nitro and you GO!

revo comes ready to kick savage's ass right out the box [&:]

Im a hpi owner and i could tell you hpi is junk!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:51 AM
flow41

That GST 7.7 its cool it needs a 7.7cc to go for 40+ and my lil revo 3.3 goes 45+ right out the box

oh and another thing how much are the 7.5 tires for your cen ? [8D]

+ gotta love pulling that starter or buying xpensive starter boxes from cen. YOU BUY A TRAXXAS YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PULLSTARTS!!

+ i rather have a crappy HPI than a cen tho i like to see that bulky truck going around curs and landing LOL
Old 04-30-2007, 11:55 AM
flow41

[&:]
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 PM
KillerJato

Maybe the Savage i had was just a lemon, i'll give you that and thats all. Still the Revo will take everything and more a Savage can throw at it.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:18 PM
JUCD VPR

Your little revo WILL NOT out haul a GST 7.7 go look on youtube at some videos, YES a GST needs a 7.7 to go that fast, because it's 17 POUNDS and TWICE the size! PLus had a TON of power!
Why do you want to know how much tires cost? On e-bay you can get them for 50-60 bucks but they last a LONG time so I have no idea why you asked that?
WOW a roto start, who cares i prefer a pull start sometimes, so i don't have to haul around a roto starter, 50 bucks for the roto start though isn't bad.
It can still corner and take some massive landings! Like i said a GST can bash with a Savage anyday! How do i know? I've owned them both! Anything else you'd like to add that you know nothing about? Feel free i love correcting you today!
ORIGINAL: flow41

That GST 7.7 its cool it needs a 7.7cc to go for 40+ and my lil revo 3.3 goes 45+ right out the box

oh and another thing how much are the 7.5 tires for your cen ? [8D]

+ gotta love pulling that starter or buying xpensive starter boxes from cen. YOU BUY A TRAXXAS YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PULLSTARTS!!

+ i rather have a crappy HPI than a cen tho i like to see that bulky truck going around curs and landing LOL
Old 04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
JUCD VPR

Maybe the Savage i had was just a lemon, i'll give you that and thats all. Still the Revo will take everything and more a Savage can throw at it.
Your dreaming if your think a revo will out bash a Savage!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:13 PM
KillerJato

I have had both, have you? If not don't talk about it anymore. There's a big difference in running with some every now and then and actually having lots of hands on experience with both.
The Savage is a average truck to me, i had lots of trouble with it and for that reason got rid of it. My Revo i have put through just as much if not more and have had more fun with NO problems. Thats my hands on experience, not a biased opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.