Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

what company is this car-What is Wind Hobby

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what company is this car-What is Wind Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:20 PM
peskelton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what company is this car-What is Wind Hobby

exactly like that...
Old 12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
pede_187

Then you can use redcat tremor parts. Go to www.allaboutfunhobbies.com or www.clermontmotorsports.com or check if you local hobbytown usa is carrying redcat parts yet.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:28 PM
peskelton

[link=http://www.redcatracing.com/parts_searchresult.asp?basepartno=TREMOR+XTB+BUGGY&partscat=6000]Tremor Parts[/link] This is for the gas. Still looking for the electric...
Old 12-28-2007, 05:31 PM
peskelton

Thanks for the links!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:32 PM
pede_187

Oh you need electric tremor parts?
Old 12-28-2007, 05:37 PM
pede_187

Ok I found electric tremor parts. It's made by Himoto http://himotoracing.com/index.php?ma...&scale=16&pg=1
Old 12-28-2007, 05:43 PM
peskelton

Yessssss!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:55 PM
pede_187

Happy are we?
Old 12-29-2007, 07:22 AM
rccarme

ORIGINAL: tashspop

anybody have a link to microcenter? i can't find it on a search.
here it is:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0266262

the site lists it for 129.99 but in store is 49.99.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:24 AM
rccarme

ORIGINAL: peskelton

So I've tried the links for the replacement parts, but they don't bring up anything related to the Ferret 1/16th buggy... The Tornado mentioned is 1/10th which is too big and the Vendetta is 1/18th which is too small. So I'm not seeing the connection to these vehicles in terms of parts.

On another note, I put in a 2S LiPo 7.4 battery in and it almost doubled the speed and power. I can get a wheely from stand still. I'm guessing the stock MiMHs are over promised...

If anyone figures out where the upgrade/replacement parts are for the 1/16th Ferret TPEB-1605 I'd sure like to know!! I know a couple of guys have had the shock shafts sheer right off at the threading. Boooo. I've also noticed the spur gear is skewed in relation to the pinion. Take a look from the side. I bet you'll notice brass shavings from the pinion on your chassis as well. The two holes at the rear of the top plate where it mounts to the rear gear case need to be moved back about 1mm. This should straighten things up...

Let's keep this post going!!

Paul
i'm thinking about upgrading the battery to 2s lipo but wondering if the esc is compatiable w/ the lipo battery. it might initially work but will it fail after some time?
Old 12-29-2007, 02:45 PM
mad_racer

I recently bought a wind hobby 1:10 nitro on ebay..Opened it up and it is exactly the CEN MG10-TR-8561. They get the car from the same OEM. The only difference was the remote. Car runs GREAT! Paid $195 including shipping! No problems with replacement parts...
Old 12-31-2007, 06:17 PM
peskelton

Maybe we should start a new post for the electric only?

Not sure on the ESC question. I haven't had any problems with mine burning up. I've even been running my 11.4 LiPO...motor gets pretty warm but it's stock so I'm not worried about it. I do want to find a good upgrade motor for this size. Any suggestions? It's a 380 motor...

Paul
Old 01-03-2008, 10:52 PM
rccarme

hmm, i've been wondering about an upgrade to the motor too. i'll need to upgrade my battery to lipo first. i just got back into rc cars. i've only dealt NIMH back in the day and never had any lipo experience. any recommendations on what brand i should get? the stock battery pack is quite small. wondering if your lipo pack fits in the tray.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:24 PM
peskelton

Check out [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com]hobby lobby[/link] . They have some pretty decent packs and prices. It's mostly an airplane and heli website but voltage and amps are voltage and amps. These look good. [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/polyquest.htm]batteries[/link] The batteries don't need to be an exact fit. As long as it's snugly fit in there. They also have some LiPO chargers. Good luck!
Old 01-06-2008, 02:36 AM
email4walker

Can someone break it down: to run lipos, what exactly do I (we) need? What size lipo (power) are you using? Motor? Has anyone wore out any gears/parts quickly because of the new added power?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:45 PM
lardgun

I, too, bought one of the Wind Hobby Ferret at Microcenter for $50 as did a buddy of mine and started beating on them right away. He put a brushless motor and a li-po in it and the thing did back flips off the line on carpet.

We both have broken parts and can no longer run. My front shock snapped at the lower ball joint and his entire wheel snapped off. We were going to go back to microcenter and get another to use as parts, but the price had mysteriously gone back up to 150.

My friend found someone in china and someone in Australia who had the parts that we needed and then some. I think he got them off of ebay. I will have to ask him.

The red cat tremor looks a lot like a nitro version of the wind hobby ferret.

There are also a lot of aluminum hop up parts that are numbered on the back of the box, but it doesn't tell you how to get them.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:04 AM
lardgun

all right, I found the direct link for parts from the Himoto site (as i am sure everyone else did). I am a little slow. Thought i would post it here and skip the himoto middle-man.

http://www.exportpro.biz/accessories...ect=buggy_e002
Old 01-07-2008, 01:42 PM
finalgear

Verry nice i have bin looking for parts for this car ( microcenter ferret) they also said that an optional carbon fiber chassi will b available cant wait for that all in all its a great car for 50 bux.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:41 PM
peskelton

I've also had the shock shaft snap right off at the threading. So have few other guys as well as the axle. The shock towers bend very easily too. We need to find some CF replacements. I contacted the China Top Win manager who wrote on this forum earlier saying they had parts but never heard back...and good luck finding parts on the WindHobby site. I did find a ton of parts on RedCat. They're domestic (phoenix) and the parts are pretty cheap. So a bunch of us got together and put in a big order.

How is the drive train holding up with the brushless system? The lack of a slipper clutch worries me. Especially upon landing off a jump. Has anyone tried a Duratrax VR3 motor? Any other brushed motors worth mentioning? I'm also trying to locate unpainted bodies, no luck so far...

Paul
Old 01-07-2008, 02:53 PM
email4walker

When will the new carbon fiber chassi b available? I would like to know also how is the drive train holding up with the brushless system? I want to know is brushless the way to go or not? I know the car will have the normal wear and tear, but I don't want to wear it out prematurely. Has anyone upgraded the stock engine (not to brushless, but regular engines)?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 PM
email4walker

I bought two of these cars last week at microcenter. It is winter right now, so I really don’t plan on driving mine until the spring. Do you guys think it is a good idea to replace most of the parts with aluminum ones to minimize parts breaking, or is it pretty strong the way it is? What are the parts that seam to break all the time? (Maybe we all can compare notes to see what is the most common parts that break).

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:12 PM
finalgear

well i haven't broken anything yet, and to everyone that has this microcenter rc car i would recommend you rebuilding the shocks with 30wt all round and replacing the copper bushings with ball bearings in the front,Rear knuckles and in the right steering mount don't worry about the bearings in the diff and on the out drives for the center shaft as they already have ball bearings installed in them (found out the hard way) first off you are going to need (6)8*4*3 size bearings those are for the knuckles and the steering also you need (4)12*8*3.5 those are for the inside of the knuckles next iam going to look for a ball diff to put in the car so when i find one i will let you guys know, hope this helps a little with these great affordable cars.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
email4walker

Thanks for the input! Anyone else? I ordered some parts on Sunday (1/6/08). I'll let you guys know how long it takes for them to get here from China.

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:47 PM
peskelton

From what company did you order parts?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:14 PM
finalgear

you can order them from himotoracing.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.