Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Smartech winner 2 help with pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 09:33 AM
vn_charged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartech winner 2 help with pics

Hey people nice forum you have here this is my first post i have been reading all ur threads in search for some help but havent got far.

I got my first nitro car the other week was given to me with no radio gear i got myself some radio gear off the net for it and have it all set up and the radio stuff works fine. from what i have worked out its a smartech winner pro 2 car , i think it has the .15 cxp motor in it im not sure tho, all i got was the car has no manual nothing else with it. i have had it running but extreamly hard to start have worn skin off my fingers from pulling the pull start for hrs trying to get the car going. Once i have got it running id dusnt want to rev easily and it hates to idle. i have the carb at idle open about 1mm but it dies in the ass at idle unless u keep the revs up and it seems to rev not bad but also sounds like its missing i have fiddled with the carb settings get it revving nicley and freely but seems to just cut out while revving. hard to start and once it starts i cant get it to stay in one spot it i just wants to drive off,, plus the other day the clutch seemed to have stuck on and while pulling the pull start the wheels were spinning but that problem has gone once i had the car running for a little bit, people keep saying warm he car up then tune it i cant even get it to warm up to temp coz it barely wants to run, plus how do u tune this motor i have attached some pictures and was wondering if u guys and girls could give me a hand on how to tune her up a bit and get her running. sorry for such a long post but i need some help bad. the car also has a new glow plug #5 if that helps and is running on 16% nitro fuel. that is also new

What tuning needles is there is it just the needle where the fuel into the carby is?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35888.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	705624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34218.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	705625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41748.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	705626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga76678.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	705627  
Old 06-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Nick2618

Default RE: Smartech winner 2 help with pics

Reset the high and low speed needles to factory settings. I am not sue what they are, but you can go online and find the manual on pdf file to find out. Then it should fire up and you can start tunning. To tune just turn the hsn in until you see no more improvment in engine preformance or smoke stops pouring out of the exaust. If there is not smoke you are running the enige to lean and it will burn up. Also everytime you make a adjustment you need to make a couple of high speed runs to clear out the engine and to see the effects. when you make adjustments only turn 1/8 of a turn at a time. Then tune the lsn just pinch the fuel line rihgt before it reaches the carb. IF it takes the engine longer 3-5 seconds lean out the lsn and try again.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:10 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your clutch spring is broken for sure it the wheels are turning when you pull the pull satrter they should not move and if it takes off and dies when you put it on the grouind it is the clutch spring. So you take of the bell housie gear and check the spring and I will bet it's broken so fix that and then you can start tuning.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:20 PM
vn_charged

So is the setting just after the fuel intake the HSN and the little 1 on the carby that sets the opening of the carby at idle is the LSN?

plus it only did it once where the car wheels were tunning while i was pulling the cord hasn't happened since i got it sort of running and the only reason it wants to take off when i put it down is that the idles high so it doesn't cut out. so with the high idle if i hold it back with my foot, or the breaks it still sort of idles so i can adjust things, but doing this i think i am going to kill the clutch am i right? plus do u guys no where i could find the pdf file on this car? giving me the ****s been working it for days and its killing me

Name:	Zx72017.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	705866  
Old 06-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Nick2618

i will see if i can find the settings you need

Name:	Rp43661.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	705940  
Old 06-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Nick2618

Either way turn your main needle in all the way until you just start to feel resistance. Don't force it. Now back it out 2 1\2 turns. That will be a rich starting point.

If you have a low speed needle as well you should unscrew the idle stop screw (the one by the carb barrel) until the carb barrel will just close completely. With the barrel closed turn in the low needle until it just stops. Again, don't force it. Now open the carb all the way and unscrew the low needle 1 1\2 turns. This will be a very rich setting. Now you can put your idle stop screw back to a 1.5mm setting.
I found this online try these settings for a starting point and then tune by what i said up top. They may be completly wrong but i think they should be good. Just make sure you are not running lean.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:27 PM
vn_charged

thanx i will give it a try

edit: just went to have a quick look there is no LSN its just wat the servo arm connects to with a nut clamping the little bracket in there here is a pic, this is my first time with nitro cars so bare with me :S soz for being a ball breaker.

Name:	Fd91437.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	705984  
Old 06-18-2007, 04:27 AM
vn_charged

bump. took car out todai for its first drive. was holding medium revs wouldent rev out freely once off the ground would rev ok, still having trouble geting it to idle also can only drive around for about 10 - 20 seconds and it just cuts out thats with the glowplug heater on it and without it does the same thing. really giving me the ****s now, still cant get it to run properly then i broke a bit of my antenna of my remote [:@] managed to get it back in but nothings goin right with this car i was thinkin of seling it and maby getting a better brand nitro car? but surely this should run and idle atleast.. helllpppp
Old 06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Nick2618

well unfortuntly i have no idea about one needle engines, as i am new to this my self? If you want you can sell it on ebay. Just say you are a noob who bought this car used and only could get it to run breifly and now you are done with it. You should get some bids like that.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:14 PM
vn_charged

lol thanx, i never bought it, it got it given to me, last night i pulled motor out striped everything cleaned it all up put it back together, then broke pull start so i fixed that lol this car ffs, Would running the car without a air filter make any difference to it running? i haven't had 1 running on it