Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The Official "Forget" Integy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:17 AM
infernos777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official "Forget" Integy Thread

rc hobbyists are CHEAP people, just read around this website. everyone wants the best stuff without paying for it. people get upset when you say a cheap low quality company is cheap and low quality because they WANT to believe that the cheap parts are "just as good" as the expensive stuff. it RARELY ever is, almost never is, as good. quality costs money people!!!! if it was so easy to make something high quality and cheap wouldnt every company do it?!?!

i bought integy chassis braces a few years back for my t-maxx....they broke within the 1st tank of fuel! Cracked at one of the machined areas. i'll never buy integy again either and i also learned my lesson quickly about buying junk. quality costs!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:31 PM
d16z6

Default RE: The Official "F" Integy Thread

ORIGINAL: REVO-Beat-U
So how did this turn out for you d16z6?
As typical Integy still hasn't responded back yet on my claim. I'm surprised they even bother to even attempt to portray that they even offer 'customer service'. What's the point??

It was towerhobbies who didn't pull thru this time for me either (talked to some lady over the phone) as they directed me to contact Integy themselves. I guess they know something about Integy as well.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Corporeal

After reading this thread, I'll make sure no one in the drift club I help direct buy, use or even touch Integy. It's not just one, two, or even three people in this club.. but 33+ people with two members on average coming to each meet every time. AND! We just broke 100 members on our forum.

so there's the math. 100 people + 80+ dollars in hopups a head = a lot of money.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:28 PM
The Real Wheely King

when i first got into this hobby I blew a bunch of money on integy parts for the pede because I thought, Ooh shiny metal has to be better than dull plastic, but man they really do suck, the only thing I didn't break or bend was the willy bar.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:44 PM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: The Official "Forget" Integy Thread

ORIGINAL: triggeraa

Beating a dead horse bro. The reason people buy Integy is the cheap price. You want better quality? You gotta pay for it. It's that simple. You don't get a Porsche with Volkswagen money. Integy is in no danger as they are a very profitable company. They are in business because there is a big demand for their products. Even though many people have read this thread they will still purchase Integy products. Why? Because they are inexpensive compared to the competition. And to the uninformed that posted that integy might be using inferior Chinese contrcator, duh, they are chinese products.[:-] Most all the major RC brands are made in China, Japan, Taiwan ect. Look at the name brand shirt you are wearing. Everything is made in china. Get over it. Next time, if you want high end, spend high end.[8D]

I've learned with almost all products, you don't save money by buying cheap. All that happens is the cheap product breaks and you then buy the better quility and usually more expensive part after that. That just means you spent more money trying to save it. That's also not to say just because it cost more or is the most expensive it is the best but, most times you get what you pay for.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:42 PM
d16z6

^^^ yeah that's why we have to forgetabout Integy!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Mr. Mugen

Ya know....since I quit buying Integy stuff, I haven't had an issue. Weird eh!
Old 01-20-2008, 01:39 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Yub, yub, cmdr!

The only Integy product I've ever owned have been their hex drivers, which IMHO are great. Don't know about their other stuff though.
The integy hex drivers are what put Integy on the map. When they first made these tools, they were top notch and quality tools. (I dmit, I do not know ahat integy tools are like now, they could have gone down in quality like their "upgrade" bling parts.)

Now, as for Integy parts taht are intended to function as structural members, suspension componets, etc, they suck. My neighbor and I have HPI Savage trucks. We both bought them used. Mine was all stock, my neighbors had integy steering bell and posts and Integy front/rear bumpers. The steering gear functioned okay; it could have used a servo saver ddesign, but it functioned normally for the most part.

But the Integy bumpers? Absolute crap and the stock HPI bumpers will take more licks any day than the Integy bumpers. Integy designed those thing very poorly; they did not factor in even moderate forces that a Savage bumper would take. Purely bling pieces, and not worth the cost. As a matter of fact, a set of HPI Savage X bunper set costs less than the Integy bling bumper. The way I see it, if it does not function better than or as good as the stock parts, the bling pieces had better be cheaper. Additionally, Integy should be REQUIRED to print on they packages that these parts are mereley decorative and not functional parts.

Now, I too have had personal experience with Integy parts. I bought the Integy flywheel and alum clutch shoes. Where these things lasted me only a few gallons (maybe 3 at most? I cannot remember), I have had the stock plastic HPI shoes last more than 5 gallons even with heavy bashing in which I totalled my Savage a couple of times. The Integy shoes wore down to thin slivers much too quickly. This is a testament of the poor choice of alum grade. I should have saved my $14 and spent $24 instead for Mugen shoes. For $10 more, I would have gotten the great Mugen Japanese quality instead of the Integy Chinese sub-conteactor sorry quality.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Hairballusmaximus

I have a set of the Integey drivers and love them. I also just purchased a set of Hex Drives by Integy for the Revo(replaces the stock plastic hexs that drive the wheels) for a friends christmas gift and so far seem ok. Design needs work though in my opinion. Traxxas hop-up hexs have only on slot for the pin and the Integy ones have 3 which severely weakens them. I have the aluminum Traxxas hexs on my current Revo which have survived 1 T-Maxx and 1 other Revo total life so far 4 and a 1/2 years and still going. I will keep an eye on the Integy hexs and see how they do.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 PM
REVO-Beat-U

ORIGINAL: Hairballusmaximus

I have a set of the Integey drivers and love them. I also just purchased a set of Hex Drives by Integy for the Revo(replaces the stock plastic hexs that drive the wheels) for a friends christmas gift and so far seem ok. Design needs work though in my opinion. Traxxas hop-up hexs have only on slot for the pin and the Integy ones have 3 which severely weakens them. I have the aluminum Traxxas hexs on my current Revo which have survived 1 T-Maxx and 1 other Revo total life so far 4 and a 1/2 years and still going. I will keep an eye on the Integy hexs and see how they do.
I have heard the same thing, their tools are great quality. But what I would want to know is, if anyone had problems with the tools and had to contact Integy customer service, did they get the same poor customer service everyone else seems to get?
Old 01-27-2008, 03:50 AM
Clear2Close

i have integy piggyback shocks with 20+ hard runs on them and yet to have a problem. the thing is with those shocks they are MUCH harder to bleed, it has to be done a certain way...if you do it the wrong way (how you do with your stock shocks, big bore, etc..) you will break a seal and of course they will leak like anything else.

i also have other parts from integy (aluminum non mechanical) which took some beaten and have held up fine. im guess im one of the very few that hasnt had a problem with integy products and considering my truck is loaded with them i hope it stays that way
Old 01-27-2008, 10:44 PM
hypabro

ORIGINAL: Clear2Close

i have integy piggyback shocks with 20+ hard runs on them and yet to have a problem. the thing is with those shocks they are MUCH harder to bleed, it has to be done a certain way...if you do it the wrong way (how you do with your stock shocks, big bore, etc..) you will break a seal and of course they will leak like anything else.

i also have other parts from integy (aluminum non mechanical) which took some beaten and have held up fine. im guess im one of the very few that hasnt had a problem with integy products and considering my truck is loaded with them i hope it stays that way
yeah right!! with everybody else on here saying that they are crap you are probably being paid to say that crap.as everyone on here is saying less than 4 tanks the shocks blow, how is it that yours have gone for that long?? the ally parts have been too strong and broken other parts. you integy guys cant just pay some dude to post a single positive post and hope to change your reputation for making crap parts. it will take you years to undo all the damage that the bad experiences of dealing with your customer service and wasted money on your crap parts has done. its the bad experiences that will speak louder and ring more true and real than a single positive post would even hope to make right.get real integy.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 AM
whipnet

I have the MSR8 shocks and have not had a problem with them and they have taken many beatings. I have bent one shaft slightly after countless crappy one wheel landings, but was able to bend it right back. I took special care building them and have had no leaks. I bought 9 shocks and a kit so I wouldn't be down during a bash, but have not had to use any extra parts. I have also not had a problem with their center skid plate and chassis braces.

Now the roll cage is another story. POS.

Never had to deal with their customer service, but I will say for the record that I hate crummy CS and hate cheap crap not made in USA. [>:]

Thanks for the heads up

Old 01-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Clear2Close

ORIGINAL: hypabro

ORIGINAL: Clear2Close

yeah right!! with everybody else on here saying that they are crap you are probably being paid to say that crap.as everyone on here is saying less than 4 tanks the shocks blow, how is it that yours have gone for that long?? the ally parts have been too strong and broken other parts. you integy guys cant just pay some dude to post a single positive post and hope to change your reputation for making crap parts. it will take you years to undo all the damage that the bad experiences of dealing with your customer service and wasted money on your crap parts has done. its the bad experiences that will speak louder and ring more true and real than a single positive post would even hope to make right.get real integy.
ummm im not getting paid, i dont work for integy ........word of advice: LEARN THE PROPER WAY OF BLEADING PIGGYBACK SHOCKS BEFORE YOU ***** AND COMPLAIN... i said my part
Old 01-28-2008, 09:24 AM
NitroBobby

integy is awful.

6 pages to this thread and one (maybe 2?) guy has had a positive comment. my friend has a savage and he spent a bunch of money on integy parts. he got thier skid plates, piggy back shocks, suspension arms and one or two other parts. something new breaks every time he runs it. we were jumping over a small well in my front yard. maybe 2 feet high. catching like 3 or 4 feet of air. not too big. anytime it landed wrong, something bent. the skid plate bent in half the first time he landed on the nose. we were landing on grass. the rear skid plate bent soon after. he seized up 2 more of the shocks by bending their shafts. the suspension arm on the back bent and got stuck so it wouldn't move at all.

i have a t-maxx. every integy part i have had is bent or broken. now i admit that i am not "easy" on my truck. i use it as much as i can and i jump it. a lot. i usually land on the wheels, but occasionally i don't. the parts i have now are holding up great. crashing, racing, tumbling. it doesn't matter. i use RPM suspension bits. i've got New Era Hobbies (aluminum) bulkheads, skid plates, bumper mounts and shock towers. New Era makes the best aluminum parts i've ever used for my maxx. very rugged. very well engineered. fit and function is fantastic. i've used integy for all of these parts previously and was sorely disappointed.

i've never used integy customer service, but if it is horrible then that's no surprise. a company is usually only as good as its products.

i have had excellent customer service from Traxxas and MRC. prompt replies to my e-mails with answers to my questions.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Clear2Close

ORIGINAL: NitroBobby

integy is awful.

6 pages to this thread and one (maybe 2?) guy has had a positive comment. my friend has a savage and he spent a bunch of money on integy parts. he got thier skid plates, piggy back shocks, suspension arms and one or two other parts. something new breaks every time he runs it. we were jumping over a small well in my front yard. maybe 2 feet high. catching like 3 or 4 feet of air. not too big. anytime it landed wrong, something bent. the skid plate bent in half the first time he landed on the nose. we were landing on grass. the rear skid plate bent soon after. he seized up 2 more of the shocks by bending their shafts. the suspension arm on the back bent and got stuck so it wouldn't move at all.

i have a t-maxx. every integy part i have had is bent or broken. now i admit that i am not "easy" on my truck. i use it as much as i can and i jump it. a lot. i usually land on the wheels, but occasionally i don't. the parts i have now are holding up great. crashing, racing, tumbling. it doesn't matter. i use RPM suspension bits. i've got New Era Hobbies (aluminum) bulkheads, skid plates, bumper mounts and shock towers. New Era makes the best aluminum parts i've ever used for my maxx. very rugged. very well engineered. fit and function is fantastic. i've used integy for all of these parts previously and was sorely disappointed.

i've never used integy customer service, but if it is horrible then that's no surprise. a company is usually only as good as its products.

i have had excellent customer service from Traxxas and MRC. prompt replies to my e-mails with answers to my questions.
well dont buy anymore integy products...problem solved
Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I have never used Integy shocks before, and based on doens of reviews by actual end user-bashes, I will never buy them. I agre with you 100%, Integy shocks do not suffer from bleeding (none of te reviewers I seen said that), it is that the shafts bend. The steel they use for the shock shaft is WAY to sofy and pone to bending even from moderate jumps.

I have not bent any Integy shock shafts myself, but probably a third of the reviews of Integy shocks I read included pics of bent Integy shock shafts. This is in-line with thier use of inferior metals, which is consistent with the few Integy products I have had personal experience with.

Why does Integy use poor materials? It could be by their own choice to make things cheaply. Or, it could be an absolute lack of negligence on their part by not inspecting the parts that are shipped over by their Chinese sub-contractors. Whichever the case, Integy is at fault. They can turn around by ordering the parts to be engineered better and use better materials. Or if it is the fault of the sub-contracto, Integy could say to them "you screwed us and our customers over, you're fired!"