Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Bigist crash!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bigist crash!

What is the bigist crash you have ever had with your rc?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:51 AM
qaiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bigist crash!

* Biggest *

Sorry I had to .

Um, running into a tree at WOT, in a Nitrage.!?

Never got around to fixing that thing....
Old 06-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Anomie

I ran my Clodzilla around the campsite too fast and it hit a log and rolled all the way into a lake. Probably 75ft or so down the hill, and by the time I caught up it was under water and not looking too well.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:05 AM
dsales

I accidently gently crashed my SSK into a straw fence (4 years ago) at which point its battery pack came out and it went WOT pushing against the fence. I took me 1 minute to run to it, by that time the engine had overheated and the gears had all melted, my car was covered in oil and the fence was burnt a bit with a crater in the ground from the wheelspin [>:]

Took me a year to be bothered to repair the damn thing
Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 AM
novakmaxx

I hit a car going top speed with my BL e-maxx.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:18 AM
2916jr

hitting the 25-30ft triple at our rc track the driver stand was right beside the track and I hugged the outside wall lets just say it ripped the right front suspension. there was a 6x6 holding one side of the steps well I hit it
Old 06-09-2008, 01:16 PM
ProRCRacer88

Heres one for some of the rc's i have/had.

Stock fusion: hit a mailbox while the car was in second gear almost ready to change to 3rd(50mph+)
Serpent 950r: car ran away and it a curb head on at about half throttle
Jammin crt: hit another mailbox but i only broke the bumper
Kyosho st-rr: came off a big hump in the ground and landed hard on the rear left suspension arm
Old 06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Checkpointracer

AE GT2 ran away at WOT (stupid radio[:@]) down a bumpy field and eventually caught some straw stuff and cartwheeled about 10 feet before finally landing in an area where the the rear tires were off the ground and the engine revved so high I thought it was going to blow up any second. It didn't though and I brought it back and started it up and made sure I didn't drive it out of range without my antennae up.[&:]
Old 06-10-2008, 12:14 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Reiko

I ran my Clodzilla around the campsite too fast and it hit a log and rolled all the way into a lake. Probably 75ft or so down the hill, and by the time I caught up it was under water and not looking too well.
bumer, that stinks alot[]
Old 06-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

I stared my nitro sport with an open throttle and it went WOT into my neighbors garage, not a THING broke.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

Had a an old Sport Maxx that got away from me at WOT and hit a curb head on. Had to replace the whole front end, it gave me an excuse to upgrade everything to RPM
Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 PM
cracker636

ran a gt2 wot right into and trash can, ripped the whole left rear suspension and all off and broke my pull starter and bent my frame.<<<<< good trash can[:-]

same car but my friend wanted to drive it so i said sure just dont crash it. well he didnt crash it, he drove it into 2 foot deep water. [:@][&o]
Old 06-10-2008, 11:51 PM
bpb235

Tonight I ran into nextdoors mailbox at about 25MPH and did pretty major damage to my front end but on the bright side, his mailbox flap fell off !
Old 06-11-2008, 12:13 AM
novakmaxx

I hit a car with my e-maxx to day. broke the wheel off snapped 2 ti screws a bent 2 more. Nothing broke because it is all upgraded.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Xtfreak

Saw that spring thin on my T-MAXX throttle linkage and i didn't know what it was for, so i took it off and 2 tanks later i jumped off the bench i was standing on and the transmitter batteries fell out and the T-MAXX went WOT into the a light post. I now know what that spring is for.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM
The Hedgehog

I had a runaway with my Thunder Tiger ST-1 truggy. Full speed into a full sized car wheel. 45 mph to nothing in a split second. Damage? Lost 3 screws and broke a servo arm

One of my favorite rigs as of now, I can race it an beat the heck out of it.

No pics because it still looks new...
Old 06-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Elite_Tux487

Xtfreak..lolol Classic. The worst crash was probably when I just finished breaking in my new os .18 in my rc10gt and it went wot runaway up the streeth dragging against the curb, ripped the exhaust off..thing was loud..spewing parts and wheels along the street. It flipped over and sat there screaming at wot wheels in the air with no exhaust. My neighbor who's yard the truck was in thought the world was ending. Another bad one was when I was driving my friends 4-tec to diagnose a problem, the antenna got caught in a gear and it went wot into a curb, bent up and smashed nearly everything in the front.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Xtfreak

Ha yeah and I didn't break anyhting so that was the best part.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:40 AM
sgtcat

oh man,i have a goodo one.i have a lightning gt10 i traded someone and have been trying to get it running.well,i went to start it and the glow plugs bad.i go to the hobby shop,buy a plug,put it on and take it outside.i'm sitting on my porch and i pu the glow ignitor on,put the spin start on,and hit the button.missing something?yeah,i didn't turn the radio on.turned the truck on,not the radio.[:@]i start it,wide open.it takes off,slams into my porch wall,breaks a staue in half,it sits on the wall wide open burning a deep burnout mark on it,my dad comes out and tries to stop it with his hands.it burns some skin off his knuckles,flies off the porch,slams into the truck,snaps the link holding on the wheel,flips over like 8 times and ends up on it's wheels a bout a foot from one of the buisiest streets in deland.i turned the radio on and the wheels don't want to turn.i hit the gas and it stalls.i fixed the wheel,but it's crooked and not lined up right.i'm not starting it again for a while.[]
Old 06-13-2008, 01:15 AM
calvino

um, you can call it my "worst crash" i was driving my 18T outside and got to close to a car (so wathcha know, the radio goes bonkers right) and the car goes like 20 MPH head into a curb, bounces back, none worse for wear, mmm, i drove my truck on our roof because i was borred to death and wanted to smash the heck outa my shell so i could have a rly good excuse for a new one...... and i went to catch it when it drove off, missed it, it flies outa my hand, and slams into the ground, perfectly fine (- the shell lookin a little worse), man the AE RC18 line is tough
Old 06-13-2008, 01:32 AM
Doonagoowin

^^^^^^^^^^^
I cracked when I read the part where you wanted a new shell
My RS4 is pretty tough too! I flipped it, jumped it, "rallied" it and just plain abused it when I was bored.
The most common thing that happens is a popped camber or two. Worst thing that happened was a broken rear hub.
But my worst crash was 50 MPH straight into a concrete lamp post. I swear I cleared it before I turned...
Anyways, popped all the cambers, bent the aluminum chassis, bent the plastic/foam bumper (can't bend that back perfectly[&o]), broke the fuel tank (huge spill), and popped off both pressure and fuel line.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:23 AM
J.D.T

bashing with budweisers resulted in jumping our trucks(mainly stampedes) out of the third story of a parking garage onto cement, a few limped away but a couple got maimed, a duratrax st that was a rolling wreck before the jump landed perfectly on the left side tires parallel to the ground and pretty much exploded, blew the stick pack apart even.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:13 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

went to jump my T3 off a tree root and... well rather than jumping off it, it stuck to it. truck was doing maybe 25mph. snapped it in half. broke: front top plate, front kick up, front bulkhead, a steering crank, an A arm, and the chassis. never did fix it
Old 06-14-2008, 02:06 AM
hornet129

TC3 went WOT when i forgot that i changed my battery pak and forgot to secure down with a zip tie. The car went full thottle and ran into a concrete light post. The car hit hard enough to bend that chasis, rip the engine off the chasis, and completly destroy the front turnbuckle.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:28 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

My brother was lazy and cheap atm and didn't replace my ct4s's reciever batteries... He was going wot, it just hit 2nd gear and it just so happened to hit a car tire at the same time. My bro said it wouldn't turn...the front suspension was a mess, but when I brought it to my lhs, a single zip tie fixed it! Wow. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.