Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
HPI Firestorm 10T
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Firestorm RTR or MT2 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:51 PM
ModifiedMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestorm RTR or MT2 RTR

I am going to buy a stadium truck that needs to be under $500 & I came across the Firestorm 10T & the MT2. Now that ive found 2 good trucks I dont know which one to get.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Darksyde63

Default RE: Firestorm RTR or MT2 RTR

I don't know about the Firestorm, but I own a base MT2 and I love it! I've jumped the thing probably a good six feet in the air numerous times, and have had no issues. I just recently bought an upgraded motor from a MT2 3.0, not becuase the original was bad; but just because I'm just a speed freak
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 AM
kyo crane

Well each have their own fun, MT2 which is a 4WD speed. WOW... jump here and there.
Firestrom which is a 2WD, can wee......li drift here and there with a G3 engine, it fast too. But fun factor i perfer 2WD, i have one of that. heehee...
i have too a hellfire... WOW what a monster... hahaa...
Old 06-11-2008, 06:31 PM
jjmxdude

I've owned both and prefer the mt2 with the G3.0 because it corners and jumps way better, but I'm sure the base mt2 will be the same except for top speed and torque, which can be adjusted by gearing setups
Old 06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
bergiecrazy

how fast is the mt2??? I might buy one in a couple of weeks
Old 06-23-2008, 05:49 PM
YUP5588

I'm stuck deciding too ...

I'm liking both trucks and with the E-Firestorm FLUX coming out soon it's just making the choice all that much harder - MT2 G3.0 or Nitro Firestorm or E-Firestorm FLUX??

I've been out of the RC hobby for a few years now but back in the day I ran a RS4 18SS and it was pretty fun.

I'm looking at doing mostly bashing because the only tracks I know of are too far out of the city to get to and I'm leaning towards the E-Firestorm FLUX just because electric would be easier to run with and travel around with.

Anyone wanna sway my purchase and voice their opinion?? Any have any links to some Firestorm hop-ups??
Old 06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
NitroNate

HPI makes some hop-ups for the Firestorm here: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=HPIC0510&P=OW (The optional parts are the hop-up parts),and www.neweramodels.com .I got front a-arms from them and I bash em' like crazy,I have yet to give them a scratch!LOLWhen you get newera's a-arms,I recommend you to get this also: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPZE1&P=OW .Since aluminum a-arms don't absorb shock,this will transfer the shock evenly throughout the chassis.