Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

MY duratrax opinion

Old 03-30-2003, 08:24 PM
vwtrey-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY duratrax opinion

ok, im sure im going to get flamed like a mad man on this one, but i got my fireproof suit on, and im ready to go. i just got a used duratrax maximum mt the other day, and had the chance yesterday to give it a run, so i did. i ran three or four tanks of gas through it, and i never had a problem, other than the pull starter giving me crap, but i expect that. and no, i didnt drive it easy either. it went through the mud, jumped a few snow banks, hard, and gopher hole mine field, and didnt care. it just kept wanting more. my brother in law, younger kid, drove it into a cinderblock at full speed. (on accident, i think). he hit it with the front left tire, i figured id be picking up pieces up after that one, but it bounced off and kept going. didnt hurt a thing. the truck is a little slow, but so far its pretty dern durable. i might be eating my words in a few weeks, who knows, but im happy with it for now. i know a lot of you guys dont think duratrax is worth a crap, so i wanted to add this.

trey
Old 03-30-2003, 08:30 PM
grampi

Maybe they've gotton such a bad rap that people just expect the wheels to fall off immediately, then when they don't, people are surprised they're actually holding up.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Forevafire1

wow thats funny, my cousin came over about a week ago and i let him drive my new ns4(just to be nice) so he crashed it once into this fence ok got me a little scared( o by the way this is the second day i had had this) so i thought he was going to give this back after that no he goes again and crashes it again into this cement wall thank god for that front bumper. the car is riding fine now but like u said i hope it doesn't kick me in the ass later

joe
Old 03-30-2003, 10:34 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Yea, I have a Maximum ST, and that truck is sweet! I really like it a lot. The engine is reliable, fast, and pretty nice too! I added a CVEC Pipe, and I can get up to 35MPH with it (this may not seem fast to you, but for $200 RTR, it is a great truck). I also added some Proline Dirt Works tires, and the thing handles real good. It handles jumps real well also. Overall, for the money, it is one kick ***** truck!
Old 03-31-2003, 12:59 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

i too have duratrax vehicles and aside from the hop-up support, i have zero complaints abut them. sute they are heavier and slower than most, but for less than $200
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...L=++&search=Go
you cant go wrong. perfect starter truck simo.

alot of people bash them for being noobie trcusk and i agree they are ....but it think thats their part of the hobby..beginnet...you wnat more buy a high end. to start and learn this is the way to go.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:14 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by packfan88
you cant go wrong. perfect starter truck simo.

alot of people bash them for being noobie trcusk and i agree they are ....but it think thats their part of the hobby..beginnet...you wnat more buy a high end. to start and learn this is the way to go.
I wish more duratrax drivers would realize what you have said. They get all defensive when people say they dont prefer or race a duratrax.. They just arent made for racing. Wish all people would realize this.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:27 AM
vwtrey-RCU

i understand that they are not made for racing. the reason i posted this is because all i read is that duratrax stuff is horrible. i just wanted to get it out that they are ok, even as newbie trucks. thats the main reason i got this one in a trade, just to see how well it held up. i ran it again today. it must have been feeling good, b/c it was moving along at a pretty good pace a few times. i like it, pretty adjustable truck, and fun. only thing is that i busted the body where it mounts in the rear, so i gotta fix that. thanks for the comments guys.

trey
Old 03-31-2003, 01:28 AM
caseyddr

your quote is wrong, they ARENT made for racing and they ARE for newbies, not "even for"... your wording is way off
Old 03-31-2003, 01:30 AM
vwtrey-RCU

doh!
Old 03-31-2003, 01:33 AM
grampi

No way man! I saw that Duratrax run today and I can tell you it will waste a T-Maxx!
Old 03-31-2003, 01:38 AM
caseyddr

surrrrrrrre it will ^_^
Old 03-31-2003, 01:38 AM
vwtrey-RCU

i told my wife how that thing was ripping wheelstands today, and she didnt believe me. she saw it run yesterday when it wasnt running as strong, and the clutch was slipping. much different today i think.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:23 AM
rcharry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

How bout the axis anyone have thoes?
I also think duratrax doesnt really support that they ARE racing material, like on there tower catologe page page it says "Id rather BASH than build" And you kyosho sayinf IMFARA or whatever champs! i really dont think you could race duratrax, they just dont seen racing material (no offence anyone!), except for the axis, that one looks OK.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:30 AM
grampi

rcharry

I'll take a stab and guess your a newb? It's good to see some new blood in here from time to time. If you need anything relating to RC's, this is the forum to go to. There's a wealth of knowledge in here, and people are more than glad to help.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:33 AM
caseyddr

wellm ost of us have knowledge... ther are some rather.. ignorant people here but you'll find out whos who soone nough ! welcome to the forums.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:34 AM
rcharry-RCU

just to nitro, had a nitro before, but it was a crap car! I only paid 20 for it and had enough fun to pay it off! Yeah, i decieded to go nitro, after i almost threw my elecric car out my LHS window. been around nitro threads for a month or to and have learned SO much, but im not sure on what car to get.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:38 AM
grampi

Are you looking to get into on road or off road. If off road, buggy, stadium truck, or monster truck?
Old 03-31-2003, 02:41 AM
rcharry-RCU

Off road for sure, and its either the an 1/8 buggy of stadium truck. the only on road id want would be the ofna GTP, 1/8 onroad thoes are bad @$$ and there HUGE to! I really dont want the AE GT, has no reciever protection, and not really a expensive buggy, im kinda on a budget!
Old 03-31-2003, 02:43 AM
caseyddr

if you dont want expensive you wont be able to afford a 1/8 buggy. A great ST to get though are either the Losi XXXNT or the Mugen MST1.. although the Losi will be a heck of a lot cheaper.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:47 AM
rcharry-RCU

Do they have a losi, with the motor and no radio,. Some of the 1/8 buggys kinda fit my budget, like the AXIS, HB lightning pro, or .......maybe the ofna MBX or 9.5 or hyper 7. My budget is in the range to $400 to 550.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:50 AM
caseyddr

no, but you can get the Mugen with a Motor, no radio, and still have bout 200$ for the rest of the stuff... and personally i prefer it over the losi. Its what I would get.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:22 AM

I had a maximum ST as my first car. It gave me nothing but trouble untill the day i sold it. Ran perfectly. But i was stupid and i didnt really know what i was doing so it was probably all my fault. When it was running, it usually took a beating. Definately a newbie truck though. I dont think duratrax is a bad company at all. My neighbor has a duratrax nitro quake and its awsome. Huge and pretty fast. Have any of you seen the nitro evader ST? It isnt out yet, but it looks pretty nice. Looks a lot more of a race truck than all their other cars.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:25 AM
PAINT CHIP

Buddy got a nitro demon a few days ago and brought it by it was a little thin but looked good and strong other than that,have not had the chance to see it run though he did not have it broke in yet and would not let me do it(guess he has seen me drive too many times)I'll let you know how it does in a few days ,serious cool body and wheel tire combo.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:57 PM
wheelnut46

Yup I have the Overdrive ST and I like it. I'm a newbie to the nitro world but I have fun. I've broken a steering servo and a tie rod but other than that its held up to some pretty good bashing. Its fast, 4wd, and has all the stuff like oil shocks, reverse and tuned pipe that people upgrade for. I am considering buying taller tires for it like the Maximum has but for now its all I need.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:47 PM
RCracer2219

is the Maximum ST Pro anygood?????all hobby stores say they are junk break down like a 1890 house is that true?????cus its that or a Durtrax Delphi indy REPLY ASAP IM ORDERING TODAY SO HURRRRRRUYYY

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.