Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

wich one????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 02:18 AM
joelnazab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wich one????

matrix tr arena.. hpi mt2 3.0.. jato 3.3.. or savage x... it will be my first car and i noticed on videos that the savage flips over alot when turning i want it for pavement and offroad and that handles well any suggestions
Old 11-23-2007, 02:25 AM
SpikeX

Default RE: wich one????

It really depends on what type of driving you will do. Are you going to race, bash, a mixture of both, etc.? From that we can then determine which car would be best for you.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:28 AM
joelnazab

i want to just drive around and not worry were im going and race a lil too my brothers in law will probably buy some when i get one
Old 11-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Then get a truggy. How much do you want to spend? Out of those above the TR Arena stands out head and shoulders above the others.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:36 AM
joelnazab

yeah i really like how that one looks .. but its kinda pricyi didnt wanna spend over 450
Old 11-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Foxy

You don't even need to spend that much to get a good truggy which can bash and race.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/17279

This is currently the best deal available in the whole of RC, it's a great car with a good engine. Check out magazine reviews. There are cars which are not as good for double the price.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:56 AM
joelnazab

should i just save and get a revo 3.3... my thing is i think the savage and revo flip over when they turn am i wrong??
Old 11-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Foxy

No, the car I just linked is $700 elsewhere, it's an incredible bargain. It's not cheaply built, it's a good car, every bit as good as the TR Arena, if not better, I don't understand how amain can be selling it for that price, but I'm not gonna complain about it. Check it out at tower hobbies...$719!! [X(]

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLXN8&P=7

The Jato is a toy by comparison, albeit designed for different purposes, but for bashing, you will find the 1/8th truggy much more satisfying. 4wd, more suspension travel, bigger engine, better off-road, it's a better vehicle in every way. All the parts for the Thunder Tiger are available also from amainhobbies.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:05 AM
joelnazab

woooooow it really is cheap on that site.. but the hobbie shops arround here dont have part fr does they mostly carry cen hpi and traxxas
Old 11-23-2007, 03:11 AM
Foxy

In that case get a Savage. You can't go wrong with a Savage for bashing and messing about, but it's not raceable out of the box.

If you really don't like ordering parts online, that would be my choice, but like I said above, amain also stocks the parts for the Thunder Tiger truggy. Your choice, but I still say go for the truggy. With the money you save you could buy some spares straight away.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:16 AM
joelnazab

so even doh the revo comes with reverse and all it comes with you say savage... then now its between the savage and that buggy u dont know how fast that thing goes
Old 11-23-2007, 03:20 AM
Foxy

All nitro cars are around the same speed out of the box, except the Jato which is MUCH faster, and the Revo which is a bit faster. Revo will hit about 45-50mph, the truggy will hit around 40, as will the savage and most others, but believe me 40mph is MORE than enough, it's already uncontrollable on rough ground at that speed. REVO is a good choice as well, but expensive compared to the truggy (as is the Savage). You can change the top speed easily with a cheap change of gears anyway, don't let this influence your decision.

S. Reverse is available for the savage too, but don't bother, it's not necessary, it's one of the parts I would remove if I ever bought a revo.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:28 AM
joelnazab

i didnt think pickin would be this hard lol.. reading here it seems the savage is by far the more reliable the revo handles better but i havent read anything about the one u showed me it looks kool im going to research it a lil see if i find somewthing in here
Old 11-23-2007, 03:31 AM
Foxy

Truggies are superior in almost every way to monster trucks. Stronger, corner better, fly higher and further cos they're lighter, stronger drivetrains for powerful engines. This really is not a difficult decision, trust me, I know what I'm talking about.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:35 AM
joelnazab

we;; for the price i think thast the one man it will drive thru mud too lol... i like it it looks kool it way bigger then the jato and the other one right maybe not the savage
Old 11-23-2007, 03:43 AM
Foxy

Check out the truggies forum, there is a lot of info on the car and many happy owners.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:44 AM
joelnazab

yeah thast what i was noticing everyone is happy with it
Old 11-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Foxy

Thunder Tiger are one of the most underrated brands, people think cos they're Taiwanese that they are low quality, but they're not. They've been around for a VERY long time, and they don't copy others designs like other Taiwanese companies. My first nitro was a Thunder Tiger nearly 10 years ago, and it's reliability and high perfomrance, easy to tune engine were what helped me fall in love with nitro RC. I've since moved on to gas powered cars now, but I do not have a single bad word about TTR.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:56 AM
joelnazab

ok so that car is better then the matrix right for waaaay cheaper
Old 11-23-2007, 03:58 AM
haasjj

Get the Thunder Tiger ST-1, its a great truck and much more fun than the Jato. So what if you can't find parts for it you have to crash it very hard to break it, LOL just joking about the parts, but it is a strong truck and I can't say you would need parts but you might. A Main Hobbies is in Southern Cali somewhere so parts should come quick if you order. They dropped the price of that thing again I paid 550 for mine then it droped to 360 or so now its 289 thats a hell of a deal for a 1/8 scale basher.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:03 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: joelnazab

ok so that car is better then the matrix right for waaaay cheaper
I wouldn't go as far as to say better, it's certainly equal, and the engine is reliable and easy to tune. For sure the TR Arena comes with a better radio, which is part of the reason it costs more.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:03 AM
joelnazab

i think i will get that one... i am 89% sure i will get it but then i look back and think im not getting the savage revo jato or mt2 for this one i had never heard of and then i see the forums and everyone is happy with it and the other ones there is always something wrong with them the revo is always on magazines doh but i htink i will get this one
Old 11-23-2007, 04:12 AM
haasjj

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Thunder Tiger are one of the most underrated brands, people think cos they're Taiwanese that they are low quality, but they're not. They've been around for a VERY long time, and they don't copy others designs like other Taiwanese companies. My first nitro was a Thunder Tiger nearly 10 years ago, and it's reliability and high perfomrance, easy to tune engine were what helped me fall in love with nitro RC. I've since moved on to gas powered cars now, but I do not have a single bad word about TTR.

I know what your saying but I have never understood this..... If you look at TTR for cars and trucks they are under rated and not thought very highly of but if you look at their helicopter line they are some of the highest rated and one of the most popular brands an the market. Oh BTW yes I fly heli's to.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:13 AM
joelnazab

is this better or is it the same truck .. i want it rtr cuz i dont think ill be able to put one together lol
Old 11-23-2007, 04:13 AM
Foxy

Yes, it's odd, they've always been considered a 'good' racing brand in Australia and Europe, but never really became very popular in the US until recently, it's all about market saturation and advertising.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.