Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI E-Savage or Traxxas E-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Sugafree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI E-Savage or Traxxas E-maxx

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5536925/Hpi_Savage

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...&partNo=100647

Old 12-03-2008, 10:07 PM
dacaur

If you are voting for it because you like the nitro savage, you should know that the e-savage has nothing in common with the nitro vesion other than the name, its a completly different truck, It shoudlnt beven be called a savage... its smaller, 1/10 scale, and shares about 0 parts with the nitro savage... diffrent suspension arms, different shocks, different axles, steering blocks etc etc, heck even the bumpers are different!....

On the other hand, the only differences between a t-maxx and emax are the chassis... other than that, same arms, shocks, bumpers, driveshafts, diffs, etc....
Old 12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
jamstar47

how fast do u think the e savage goes when its stock
Old 12-03-2008, 10:39 PM
jamstar47

they just gave it the name to attract customers
Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 PM
dacaur

about 24-25mph.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:00 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

I've got an e-savage and like it a lot. There's only 2 things I don't like, the runtime seems very short (about 5 minutes? or is the reason because time flies when you're having fun?) and I don't like the ESC's brake. It does front flips on the road all the time whenever I use the break. Also I heard the stock charger that comes with it supposedly only charges the batteries to 75%.

Don't let any of that discourage you though. I've never had an e-maxx but I hated my t-maxx (also love my savage 25). Everythinig said about the e-savage is true, handling, durability, etc. are great. Speed not sure though, I thought the new e-maxx was supposed to be a little faster. I think the main advantage to the e-savage is the price, plus it comes with batteries and a charger. But price isn't an issue in this thread.

Also, I've got 2 S-600's (inexpensive plane motors) in my e-savage and it boogies.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:36 PM
574kman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

screw the e savage, screw the e maxx, check out the new savage flux hp videos are on youtube insane power and speed, built savage tuff from the factory and it is NOT TRAXXAS JUNK AND YES I HAVE OWNED EVERY INCARNATION OF THE MAXX'S THE BREAK WAY TO EASY AND YOU HAVE TO SPEND TONS TO MAKE THEM RELIABLE the e savage is ok but has been known to break center drive shafts to easily youtubesavage flux hp
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 PM
574kman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: dacaur

If you are voting for it because you like the nitro savage, you should know that the e-savage has nothing in common with the nitro vesion other than the name, its a completly different truck, It shoudlnt beven be called a savage... its smaller, 1/10 scale, and shares about 0 parts with the nitro savage... diffrent suspension arms, different shocks, different axles, steering blocks etc etc, heck even the bumpers are different!....

On the other hand, the only differences between a t-maxx and emax are the chassis... other than that, same arms, shocks, bumpers, driveshafts, diffs, etc....
true, very true, the e savage is a hot bodies e zilla and they couldnt give that turd away
Old 12-05-2008, 04:36 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: calvino

ORIGINAL: dacaur

you can dunk the connectors on a 7.2 or 8.4 volt pack in water and there will be no "PFZZZZZZZZZ BOOM" Of any kind. The power these packs generate isn't enough for fresh water to conduct to any real degree. dont forget that RC boats use the same packs and you dont hear about "PFZZZZZZZZZ BOOM"'s from them do you? Water dunkings general destroy 3 components on an RC car. The RX, Servo's, and ESC, all of which are protected in the new E-maxx. As for the motors, have you ever touched a motor after running? If so you should know that there is no way the motors are going to stay wet for any length of time. In any case, at most the motors will get splashed or dunked for a second or 2, which isn't going to damage them. the real damage comes from sitting underwater or staying wet for some length of time. I'm sure very few people will actualy try to run or store their e-maxx under water
um, I beg do differ, not trying to start a war, but what happens if you are driving, and you hit a body of watter, the water isn't pure by ANY means, so, there is going to be SOMETHING in the water that will cause it have electrical conductivity, well, it may not go BOOM, but there will be some kindof shorting on there, as for the motors, you get water on the armatures.... chances are you will have corosion, rusting.... since they are copper, so that is my take on it, as well as, water will leak into the battery packs, they strictly say to keep them away from water, so, that is my take on it, cool, not trying to get a war started and have a perfectly fine thread shut down, i just wanted to make my point[8D]

I drove my old emaxx 16.8 completely under water, there is no boom at all. That just simply isnt true. You could throw the entire battery, speed control, and motor in a tub of water and nothing would happen but it continuing to run. It will more than likely cause accelerated wear on the motor and bearings of the entire truck, but it is 100% waterproof and can in fact run totally submerged. I have a couple pics, I will see if I can find them.

Btw some people actually break in their brushed motors in water.

But back to the topic at hand, if money is no concern get an e-revo because its better than all of them by far. I have had all three and all are nice trucks. Imo the 16.8 emaxx is better than the e-savage. The e-savage has some major drive train issues and unlike the bulkhead issues with the e-maxx there are no aftermarket parts to fix it that I know of. The diffs cant handle big power, the driveshafts are weaker than the old emaxx ones.

Either one will work and the e-savage is cheapest and some come with batteries and a charger, but I would rank them as follows.

1 - E-revo
2 - E-maxx 16.8
3 - E-savage