Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

rc10gt dual exhaust

Old 04-14-2003, 06:14 PM
flyingjibus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc10gt dual exhaust

anyone know anything about those chrome daul pipes for the rc10gt that are all over Ebay? All I know is that they look damn cool. are they race legal? is there a performance hit? do they improve the horrible sound a nitro car makes?
Old 04-14-2003, 06:52 PM
ShadowHawk

Default Re: rc10gt dual exhaust

Originally posted by flyingjibus
do they improve the horrible sound a nitro car makes?
Personally, I think the sound that Nitro cars make is awsome. I mean one of the main reasons that I love my Nitro car is that it looks and sounds so much more like a real car. An electric car is a great car as well, but the sound and the smell from a Nitro car, just adds to the excitement of seeing the car flying all over the track or wherever it is running!

As far as the rest of your question, I really don't know anything about them!
Old 04-14-2003, 07:06 PM
KyleSch

If your talking about rear exaust pipes DO NOT GET THEM! Stay as far away as you can from them. They will hurt performance (possible hurt the engine as well) as it does not provide backpressure to the engine. Just a waste of money if you ask me...

And nitro sounds great! I just don't know if my neighbors think so
Old 04-14-2003, 07:08 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Heres a link to a Post I made regarding this topic

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...t=dual+exhaust

-ramm
Old 04-14-2003, 11:12 PM
flyingjibus

uhhm, that link above crashes my Explorer. as for back pressure the ad specifically adresses that,-

"This system we built not only works but also has the Barnburner back pressure system installed inside the pipe. The system looks a little unorthodox to what you are use to seeing but it really works and because of the chrome it actually looks pretty cool when installed on your truck"

of course I know that this is stated by the company and may be false but.....anyone know specifically about this product? And Im sorry folks Nitro is very cool but the sounds they make are not in anyway related to a normal car sound. more like a vacum cleaner on speed. but dont get me wrong nitro is awsome!!
Old 04-14-2003, 11:43 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

So your browsing through ebay and you notice this nice shiny copper dual exhaust kit.. Sure.. they say its "tuned".. they say it will bolt on and work perfectly.
NOT!!!!

Remember.. with two strokes, THE EXHAUST SYSTEM IS A INTEGRAL AND CRUCIAL PART OF THE INDUCTION SYSTEM!!!!
Thats right.. A Good exhaust manifold and pipe HELPS your engine take in a fresher and more dense fuel mixture!

Remember.. a tuned pipe works by SUCKING out the exhaust gases and creating "pulses" of air columns that suck in and retain fresh fuel in the engine!
MOST (not all) dual exhaust and other "race exhaust" pipes TOTALLY LACK THIS!!!! What does this mean?

Reduced performance
Increased fuel consumption
Increased engine running temperature

Why do you think Novarossi, RB and all the top pipe dont make em? They know EXACTLY what theyre doing and although the pipes may not look like much, there is a LOT of physics that goes into designing those pipes!

Just my 2 cents to try and let people know to do their HW bvefore they get burned!

thats what buggy stated in the link above. HESTOLE IT ALL FROM ME THOUGH!! mwa ha ha ha
Old 04-14-2003, 11:50 PM
KyleSch

RC is NOT a real car thats why it doesn't sound like one. I never try to make my nitros like real cars as im proud its not. The technichal reason it doesn't sound like a real car though is its a 2 stroke engine, second the RPM is 6-7 times higher than a real car.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:51 PM
flyingjibus

okay time to be specific....Has anyone any experiance with the specific pipe I am metioning. perhaps it has solved the problems you have all spoken of? I'm ready to believe that it sux but it just looks so damn cool.